Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

• This topic has 2,304 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Mark.
Viewing 25 replies - 2,126 through 2,150 (of 2,304 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 27th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1021       No Change

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sunday 28th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1021       No Change

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 29th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1021       No Change

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 30th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1021       No Change (Yet)

sean1969
    Participant

Just waiting for the VW exodus……..today!

Current car 2019 Ford Kuga 1.5T Titanium X Edition

VictorOne

⚡️ STOP PRESS…

Skoda have announced that ALL Kodiaqs will be removed from the scheme today.

Paul

Jeez ,Kodiaq along with the apparant vw removals, will take it below 1000..

Laura

Why Skoda removed it? My choice of an suv is going down even more. Fingers crossed q1 brings some back otherwise I am going to struggle to find something suitable. I’ve got a Kia Sportage and been happy with it ish for nearly 5 years and I can’t even get that on scheme at the moment

Ray Penn

998?

Scary!

fwippers
    Participant

Now under the psychologically important 1000 barrier. Ouch.

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 1st December  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 998       Change -23

Renault +9 (8 petrol 1 electric)

Captur +6

Clio +2

Zoe +1 (new number for GT line car)

(These are new trim lines, the Iconic becomes Iconic Edition and the S Edition Becomes SE Edition, the +9 is because they have not taken the old cars off)

SEAT -7  (6 petrol, 1 diesel)

Tarraco -7  (removed from Scheme)

Skoda -9  (6 petrol, 3 diesel)

Kodiaq -9  (removed from Scheme)

Volkswagen -16  (5 petrol, 3 diesel, 8 electric)

ID3 -6  (removed from Scheme)

ID4 -2 (removed from Scheme)

Tiguan -8 (removed from Scheme)

TheSUVGuy

Depressing times.

Glos Guy
    Participant

Depressing times.

Indeed. If we were renewing today there isn’t a single car left that would tick all our boxes. I feel very sorry for those who don’t have the ability to leave the scheme in order to get what they want. Disabled people should not be forced to have to compromise, as this can bring all sorts of problems.

Let’s hope that the cull is solely down to the chip shortage, but as the scheme has been in persistent decline for many years, well before the chip shortage and pandemic started, I’m not convinced.

dayskipper

Now is the winter of our discontent.

Brydo

I fear we are not at the end of the road yet.

vinalspin
    Participant

I left the scheme last day of August and I thought it was bad then, looking now I wouldn’t consider getting another as it’s so poor and getting worse month on month, really sad.

ChrisK
    Participant

Motability need to restart there advertising campaign to stop disabled folk leaving.

You know the sort of adverts I mean, the ones where every customer is driving along in perfectly suitable cars with great big smiles on their faces.

😢

Spenno
    Participant

I’m due this month, here’s hoping the next quarter is alot better

fwippers
    Participant

I had a very short shortlist and wanted to go electric so was one of the lucky few, however for those preferring a traditional ICE or PHEV, and especially for those under 25 or needing space to store a wheelchair, options are very limited, even more so for those with limited budgets. At this stage it is hard to predict what Q1 will bring, probably more of the same, given the semiconductor shortage is unlikely to easy significantly in the next 4 weeks.

Tharg
    Participant

And another thing… we are encouraged, quite rightly, to consider buying BEVs. As of today, only 8% of vehicles on the scheme are pure electric. Very few of them will handle a big motorised scooter; many won’t even take an ordinary manual wheelchair easily. At least Motability ought to stop urging us to buy stuff which ain’t there. This applies to car makers too – VW’s website, in its Motability bit, continues to extol the virtues of the ID3, Tiguan and others which are not on Motability.

Glos Guy
    Participant

And another thing… we are encouraged, quite rightly, to consider buying BEVs. As of today, only 8% of vehicles on the scheme are pure electric. Very few of them will handle a big motorised scooter; many won’t even take an ordinary manual wheelchair easily. At least Motability ought to stop urging us to buy stuff which ain’t there. This applies to car makers too – VW’s website, in its Motability bit, continues to extol the virtues of the ID3, Tiguan and others which are not on Motability.

Although this forum is very heavily biased towards EV’s, the reality is that they still only represent about 5% of the cars on the road and still well under 10% of all new cars being registered (massive % growth yes, but from a tiny start point). So the 8% is reflective of the market. Given that Motability is not an environmental organisation, that’s how it should be IMO. It is (at least now) a matter of personal choice if people choose to go electric and Motability shouldn’t favour one form of propulsion over another.

The issue that you rightly raise about lack of larger vehicles applies to the whole scheme frankly, but I agree is particularly problematic with EV’s. There isn’t a single EV on the scheme at present that would be suitable for those of us who have to lug around wheelchairs, scooters etc, presumably due to the very high prices of EV’s. That brings us back to the subject of the daft price caps, which need abolishing IMHO, not just for EV’s but for all cars.

Tharg
    Participant

Agree with all your points, Glos Guy. Didn’t intend to champion the BEV over all else. Merely point out that a large chunk of the available BEVs is gone. Moreover, we’ve also seen a fair few PHEVs disappear too – the Seat Leon in particular.

Tim

What’s worrying is the position of reducing cars on the scheme, I’d like to think it’s due to some drastic change they have planned for Q1 22, but I can’t think of a single scenario where reducing availability makes any sense.

Brydo
    Participant

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Glos Guy
    Participant

Interesting that there are only 345,000 BEV’s on the roads at present (according to the above article). There are 32m cars in the U.K., so that’s only 1%. Far less than I thought. BEV sales in 2020 were just 6.6%, again very low. As I said, big percentage increases but from a tiny base. Higher market share for a few months this year which they describe as anomalous, with EV’s being less effected by the chip shortage. Clearly these percentages will continue to rise but it looks as though Motability has the balance of BEV’s about right at present.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,126 through 2,150 (of 2,304 total)
  • The topic ‘Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today’ is closed to new replies.