Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 2,076 through 2,100 (of 2,132 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #168850 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

Big Dave, i am with you there, i am ex army mostly germany,n ireland and falklands.

served with many from the commenwealth too.

rene, i enjoyed my time in germany, lippstadt,detmold and hildesheim although for half that time i was actually deployed to n ireland. do miss the handbags (10 packs herforder beer) lol.

i remember particularly those lost at v4 the border post near londonderry.

#168852 Reply
    Masquerade
    Participant

Sad how people still suffer from such bigotry and the basic fact of it is ignorance and a lack of education/knowledge.

My mother is the recipient of the vehicle but I am her driver, she moved here in the 60’s from Africa and worked, contributed to the public pot for as long she was able until she developed illnesses and her sight deteriorated. Incidentally, she had a full English education before she even arrived to these shores as a teenager. Michael reminds me of the people crying when the results of the European Referendum were revealed, “We got our country back”/”The foreigners can be sent home”/”We got our jobs back”. How is that working out? If the Asians, Jamaicans, Africans, mainland Europeans were not here to rebuilt after World War II and do the jobs these proud “patriots” believed were beneath them and you knew about it, you would be thanking the foreigners!

#168860 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

rene, i enjoyed my time in germany, lippstadt,detmold and hildesheim although for half that time i was actually deployed to n ireland. do miss the handbags (10 packs herforder beer) lol.

Detmold, that’s where i was stationed. Well.. Very close to Detmold, a town called “Augustdorf”. I assume the term “Sennelager” is known to you? At least, that’s where we (Generalfeldmarschall Rommel Kaserne, the german barracks) trained with british soldiers.

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#168861 Reply
    struth
    Participant

only been to hamburg.. it was a nice place and i enjoyed my time there. loved the way all transport was integrated. great to sit on the wide pavement cafes enjoying a beer and schnapps. very nice people too.

#168864 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

only been to hamburg.. it was a nice place and i enjoyed my time there. loved the way all transport was integrated. great to sit on the wide pavement cafes enjoying a beer and schnapps. very nice people too.

Never been sadly, the only things i know from Hamburg are their Fischfrikadelle (“special” fishcake), and Rollmops (pickled/sour herring) lol.

Germany in general is decent, as long as you’re not going to Berlin, that’s a sewer nowadays. Was fine 25 years ago, not anymore. I do prefer it here in wales though, the air is considerably better for my asthma (we live less than a mile from the coast), less traffic, and quiet. The polar opposite of where i grew up.

People here are very jovial, albeit that could be due to the language (in german, there’s multiple ways to say “you” depending on whether you know the person, or it’s a person of authority – over here it’s just “you” – which is similar to the german “du” – means the person offered you to say “du” rather than “Sie”, sign of equal or friends – makes every conversation feel like i’m talking to someone equal/friend, that’s the best way i could explain it).

#168866 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

I’ve been to Germany a few dozen times, several on motorcycle for weeks on end. It’s a lovely place and the people are, mostly, very friendly & as has been said, far better English speakers than I am able to converse in German. As for locations, sheesh, everywhere from Kiel to the Bodensee!

Travel broadens the mind they say, if so, book a one-way ticket for the Troll.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#168868 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

It’s a lovely place and the people are, mostly, very friendly

Yeah, ever since we stopped goose-stepping, we got friendlier somehow. 😀

You get plonkers everywhere, that’s not representative – neither here nor in germany, even though i do generalise sometimes, that’s frustration speaking.

#168877 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

oh yes rene, spent many a day exercising on sennelager usually freezing and wet in february.

#168884 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

oh yes rene, spent many a day exercising on sennelager usually freezing and wet in february.

So did i, some years in snow even.

What a joy that was. Good to see a fellow.. victim of the Sennelager. 😀

#168904 Reply
    Djw38uk

This forum is in the main a supportive and pleasant place to be. Ironic that the idiot in question managed to abuse someone who has sacrificed so much to be a carer for his spouse, something my wonderful wife has done for me, as well as someone who served for his country and NATO. Thank you Rene for all that you do and have done.

I once did a driving holiday (I used to drive adapted ambulances for a charity for the disabled ironically!!), down to The Rhine region. Both the wonderful scenery and warmest of welcomes that we received have always stayed with me. Beautiful place with genuinely warm residents.

#168918 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 12th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1082       Change +62

FORD +66

New Fiesta +66 (all petrol)

Renault -4

Kadjar -4 (removed from Scheme)

#168919 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

This forum is in the main a supportive and pleasant place to be. Ironic that the idiot in question managed to abuse someone who has sacrificed so much to be a carer for his spouse, something my wonderful wife has done for me, as well as someone who served for his country and NATO. Thank you Rene for all that you do and have done. I once did a driving holiday (I used to drive adapted ambulances for a charity for the disabled ironically!!), down to The Rhine region. Both the wonderful scenery and warmest of welcomes that we received have always stayed with me. Beautiful place with genuinely warm residents.

here here.  And we have another 62 cars from which to choose.  I await WMC post eagerly to see what’s been added.

#168920 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

In case you missed it:

Friday 12th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1082       Change +62

FORD +66

New Fiesta +66 (all petrol)

Renault -4

Kadjar -4 (removed from Scheme)

#168921 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

66 fiesta’s not 1 auto for under 25’s, its getting ridiculous now for under 25’s

#168926 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

This forum is in the main a supportive and pleasant place to be. Ironic that the idiot in question managed to abuse someone who has sacrificed so much to be a carer for his spouse, something my wonderful wife has done for me, as well as someone who served for his country and NATO. Thank you Rene for all that you do and have done. I once did a driving holiday (I used to drive adapted ambulances for a charity for the disabled ironically!!), down to The Rhine region. Both the wonderful scenery and warmest of welcomes that we received have always stayed with me. Beautiful place with genuinely warm residents.

Thank  you, it actually does some good hearing/reading that. Especially considering that soldiers in germany aren’t seen the same way as they are over here. Germanies past and all that, soldiers are usually frowned upon.

In germany we say (usually with a sigh, lol) – “Wo die Liebe hinfaellt”, or “where the love lands”. Mainly used to explain potentially “stupid looking” decisions made due to feelings for another person. Not regretting anything though, 10 years now and counting. Finding the person to me is more important than a career.

I did grow up in something called the Rhine-Ruhr region (Essen, Dortmund, Cologne, Dusseldorf – that region).

I would argue though, the thread should get back on topic.

Glad to see that the Fiesta is back, albeit slightly weird that there’s neither an Auto available, nor a under-25 variant. Here’s hoping that one of the best first cars for under 25s gets a few more additions in lower power brackets.

#168985 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

66 fiesta’s not 1 auto for under 25’s, its getting ridiculous now for under 25’s

Which is why this ridiculous 120bhp restriction needs to be changed. Most 21 year olds upwards are far better drivers than a lot of the older motorists that I hear about on here judging by some of the insurance claims threads.

#169003 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 13th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1082       No Change

#169059 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sunday 14th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1082       No Change

#169105 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 15th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1082       No Change

#169124 Reply
    Ozbics

There are many Motability  scheme too reach out the technology for the car with as many as a million people potentially entitled to join the scheme to entertained for new consumer.

#169175 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

It looks like Suzuki have now pulled all their imported vehicles (Vitara etc) from the scheme, leaving only the UK built Suzuki Swace (a rebadged Toyota Corolla).

#169177 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

It’s a good job the Fiesta came back on else the scheme would have been under the dreaded 1000.

#169180 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 16th November   –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1060      Change -22

KIA +4 (3 petrol, 1 electric)

+1 Soul Maxx trim 64kWh £2299 Advance Paymnet

+3 Pro ceed shooting brake 1.5 petrol from £899 AP – £2799 AP

Suzuki -26

-6 Ignis  (removed from Scheme)

-6 S-Cross (removed from Scheme)

-6 Swift (removed from Scheme)

-8 Vitara (removed from Scheme)

(only 2 Suzuki Swace remain)

#169239 Reply
    Gordon

I wonder if the Suzuki models have gone due to delivery times?

#169300 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I suspect the XC40 has come off because there is a very slightly facelifted version on the way with Android Auto and slightly revised front end.

Viewing 25 replies - 2,076 through 2,100 (of 2,132 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: