Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,851 through 1,875 (of 1,891 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163681 Reply
    Rene

Glos Guy – that’s fair. The issue here would be that i’m not willing to put down £5500 (plus another what was it, £10.000ish in PIP over three years?) for a car that i have no option of purchasing – but that is a me-problem, certainly.

We’ll see what the facelifted one offers when it arrives, as it sits, there’s no way around the fact that it doesn’t have Android Auto functionality. Which rules it out immediately – it’s the single most used “thing” for us in our current car.

I’m btw not arguing the quality, there’s a reason why over the years i had multiple BMWs – i do contest though that they’re better than Audi and Mercedes. Mine were on par, absolutely, but not above. VW is a different story, i don’t consider them “as premium” as the big three, if that makes sense.

#163712 Reply
    VictorOne

If I am not mistaken, this is a “Numbers” thread. Personally, I don’t appreciate having to scroll through numerous BS to find out how many cars on the scheme.
    Take your thread to another page and please, stop hijacking this one. 👍

#163713 Reply
    VictorOne

Bump. Obliged.

#163714 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Glos Guy – that’s fair. The issue here would be that i’m not willing to put down £5500 (plus another what was it, £10.000ish in PIP over three years?) for a car that i have no option of purchasing – but that is a me-problem, certainly. We’ll see what the facelifted one offers when it arrives, as it sits, there’s no way around the fact that it doesn’t have Android Auto functionality. Which rules it out immediately – it’s the single most used “thing” for us in our current car. I’m btw not arguing the quality, there’s a reason why over the years i had multiple BMWs – i do contest though that they’re better than Audi and Mercedes. Mine were on par, absolutely, but not above. VW is a different story, i don’t consider them “as premium” as the big three, if that makes sense.

Rene – as you say, we are all different. Given that we don’t keep the car regardless of what we choose, I’d rather pay £15k for a car that I will enjoy rather than £12k for one that I won’t, but it’s good that we all have the choice. I also got almost £1k discount which helped! For info, the next X1 due in 2022 isn’t a facelift, it’s an all new model. It will invariably have the digital instrument cluster (that you like) as standard. I considered holding out for one but decided against it as I was keen to get rid of the Tiguan and with the way that the scheme is going there’s no guarantee that the top engines and trims will still appear on Motability. If we’d already had an X1 I would have probably extended the lease and taken my chances though. I don’t think it has Android, but I’ve never really searched for it as all our devices are Apple.

#163717 Reply
    Rene

Probably gonna have the 3cylinder, would be my bet. Remains to be seen. Original point was, even cars still on the scheme got less trim now than they had pre-july (at the very least in case of Mercedes, not sure if other manufacturers faffed with the trims).

If I am not mistaken, this is a “Numbers” thread. Personally, I don’t appreciate having to scroll through numerous BS to find out how many cars on the scheme.
    Take your thread to another page and please, stop hijacking this one.

This thread always had and has discussions about trims and prices. Which is what we’re discussing. It’s not hard to scroll past the “BS” considering how obvious wmcforums badge is. Or you check the motability search. Or you check the “news” on the webpage, etc pp.

#163786 Reply
    Coral Winship

Looks like 10 cars have been added this morning but can’t see what

#163791 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 8th September  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1168          Change +15

Mercedes Benz +15 (+9 petrol, +1 diesel and 5 PHEV)

A-Class +12 (7 hatchback and 5 Saloon)

New ‘Edition’ trim  added to petrol and diesel cars.

3 PHEV A250E added precedent from £5499 Advance Payment to £6399 Advance Payment

B-Class +3

1 petrol and 2 B250E PHEV added, PHEV cars priced at £7299 or £7599 Advance Payment.

Speechless.

#163794 Reply
    Brydo

👁 wateringly expensive but at least the numbers are going in the right direction.

#163795 Reply
    Coral Winship

What are the special addition please

#163797 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The Mercedes A-Class line-up has expanded with the arrival of two new trim-levels, called Exclusive Edition and Exclusive Edition Plus. They’re based on the car’s existing AMG Line Executive and Premium Plus specifications and they’re available to order now, with first deliveries expected to arrive in November.

The new Mercedes A-Class Exclusive Edition features special edition floor mats, unique badging, a new black radiator grille, black faux-leather upholstery and privacy glass. On top of this, there’s a panoramic sunroof and a 64-colour customisable ambient lighting system.

Mercedes’ new Exclusive Edition Plus features the same level of equipment as the Exclusive Edition, along with illuminated tread plates, keyless go and multibeam LED headlights. There’s a few technology upgrades too, such as an augmented navigation system, front memory seats and an improved stereo system.

#163798 Reply
    VictorOne

What an absolute disgrace. I know you can work whilst in receipt of PIP, but if this is what’s coming, £7.5k AP’s… 😂

Scrap that. Absolute joke. Mota, soon to be unfit for purpose.

#163800 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I think what were seeing here is Motability begging manufactures to put something on the scheme in light of all the negatives and they the manufactures have responded by a like it or lump it AP.

Just hope this doesn’t start creeping down into what we might call, normally priced cars.

#163818 Reply
    Rene

I don’t actually understand this.

The spec is basically fully AMG Line Premium Plus, am i missing something? The configurator doesn’t even offer that trim, so it’s kinda hard to figure out if it’s worth considering as an alternative to Premium Plus.

That, and “64 colours ambient lighting” – does that mean the A-Class actually gets the “old” lighting back, or does the removal of all interior lighting on the dashboard and centre console still stay (the one feature that made the interior feel special to us)?

#163819 Reply
    Rene

Not to mention, that augmented reality sat nav (which is great) was actually removed this July from all A-Classes. The news there by wmcforum is from 2020, does this new trim have it back now or not?

#163821 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Rene, you are correct to be confused I made an error and got the Exclusive edition that was released last year with this new one which is called the Special Editions with Edition on the end. I have no doubt that this is a new name for items that have been removed from the trim lines due to availability and I will endevour to find out. Apologies.

#163823 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Rene,

This is the latest Brochure from July 2021, I can’t see any obvious changes but you may: A Class Brochure

#163825 Reply
    Rene

Dont apologise for it lol, not like im paying for the information you provide. Currently on errands, ill have a look once back home, cheers.

#163828 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Volkswagen just sent me an ad/email which I assume is some sort of joke:  It tells me that “the choice is yours” on choosing my new Tiguan. On the click-through for the Tiguan I learn that “Driving away in your new Tiguan could be sooner than you think”. The email also contains stuff about the new Polo and Taigo. Neither, of course, on scheme. Do we thing that VAG has looked at the Motability TV ad and decided to do the same thing – advertise a product that is not available and cannot be supplied?

#163830 Reply
    Mm5

I think we will start to see the numbers go back up now.

#163831 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Rene, This is the latest Brochure from July 2021, I can’t see any obvious changes but you may: A Class Brochure

Just had a look now, that’s the July brochure with the changes made to all A-Classes (removed AR MBUX Sat Nav, removed Parktronic, removed LED lighting in dashboard and centre console).

I wonder, considering it’s the same AP for “special edition” and Premium Plus, if they just renamed Premium Plus to accommodate the fact that Premium Plus in July had considerable amounts of tech/spec removed.

#163875 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 9th September  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1154          Change -14

Mercedes Benz -14  (11 petrol, 1 diesel and 2 PHEV)

The removal of the non ‘edition’ trim vehicles. Very confusing are Mercedes Benz with their trims and packs.

#163930 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 10th September  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1149         Change -5

Toyota -5

Aygo -1 petrol

Yaris -2 hybrid

Proace Versa -2 diesel (removed from Scheme- it was massively overpriced anyway)

#163948 Reply
    Rene

Wouldn’t mind an uptick in cars every now and then, to be honest – is kinda good for mental health to see the “+” every now and then.

#163953 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Wouldn’t mind an uptick in cars every now and then, to be honest – is kinda good for mental health to see the “+” every now and then.

Agree 100%. It’s good to have positives in our lives. Hopefully they’ll be some good news in terms of numbers.

#163954 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

If I am not mistaken, this is a “Numbers” thread. Personally, I don’t appreciate having to scroll through numerous BS to find out how many cars on the scheme. Take your thread to another page and please, stop hijacking this one. 👍

All the comments help to enhance this thread.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,851 through 1,875 (of 1,891 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: