Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,751 through 1,775 (of 1,891 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #160337 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sunday 1st August  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1244        No Change

#160375 Reply
    HammerHead
    Participant

From the Motability website…

UK car production slumps to lowest June level in almost 70 years

What does this mean for me?

Supply issues mean that some manufacturers are removing some models from general sale until production can catch up, which means they will also be removed from the Scheme. It is expected that this will continue for the rest of 2021.

If you’re looking for a car on the Scheme, our car search tool has the most up to date information on what’s currently available on the Scheme, but supply issues mean that the list of available cars is changing more frequently than you would usually expect.

Search for cars

Speak to your dealer about any specific models you are considering, and they will advise you of any current delays and provide more information on whether the vehicle you’re interested in is available in stock, which will mean minimal delays. Remember, if you are an existing customer, we can arrange to extend your lease to keep you in your current car until your new car is ready.

Find a dealer

#160414 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 2nd August  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1244        No Change

#160428 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

@HammerHead

Normally I only search for a particular model using the Motability search menu but with the lack of cars on Motability I’m trying to open my horizons to anything that is suitable for my requirements.

So just searching for any model, automatic MPV and it, amongst other none MPV cars turns up a BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Sport or M Sport and the fact that it’s a “Coupe” sort of tells me its not suitable for carrying a fully assembled pavement scooter along with a loading hoist in the back as a MPV would do without doubt and since when has a Mini been a large SUV, yes it’s larger that the original 1950’s model but come on, large SUV, clearly Motability don’t know what we need to put in the back of our cars.

Motability search tool not worth the bother.

#160449 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i search as follows,auto small suv large suv mpv and then a limit on the ap.

but the bmw i3 which would suit me,(single dont need a chair yet but do need an auto with a high driving position easy to get in/out) and the vauxhaul mokka doesnt appear , they are both classed as small/medium cars. rather than small suv.

as you say chrisk the mini countryman which i have at the moment isnt a large suv by any stretch.

#160481 Reply
    Ray Penn

Motability have never been able to sort out classifications properly.

Back in 2011 I was looking for a medium MPV.  I needed an auto and preferred a diesel.

Money was exceptionally tight and I successfully applied for a grant for a medium MPV.

Ordered a Seat Altea XL.

Every motoring magazine classified the XL version as a medium MPV.  Even Seat classified it as a medium because of the boot size.  The dealer processed the grant form and didn’t flag it.  Motability didn’t flag it. Then came handover day. Didn’t know that Motability had categorised it as a small MPV and that the grant didn’t cover a small MPV.  Took another two weeks to sort it out.  My new car was in the showroom for two weeks for every to get in and paw it.  I wasn’t a happy bunny.  The final response from Motability was to the effect that it was my fault for not checking but as a gesture of good faith, they would honour the grant.  Charming.

#160489 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Up 6 to 1,250 this morning 🍾. Only another 3,000 to go before we get back to the numbers that the scheme used to have!

#160491 Reply
    Appleman

Back to 1244 again,seems to change at will at the moment, by the way love the new car Glos Guy

#160493 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Yep, 1250 haven’t a clue what model’s have come on.

#160495 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 3rd August  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1250        Change +6

Renault +6

New Arkana +6  All automatic, 1.3 petrol Mild hybrid and 1.6 petrol E-tech hybrid Prices start at £995 Advance Payment and rise to £1995. Trims are Iconic, S-Edition and RS Line. First deliveries due in September apparently.

#160498 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

I saw a advert for the Arkana on TV last night, doesn’t look too bad at all.

#160500 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Great addition, if I was looking for a new car I’d be very interested, especially with delivery dates for September

#160537 Reply
    Paul

Nice to see the + symbol also a new vehicle added ,i think the delivery times may sway some peoples choice and ap price for a new vehicle seem fair comparing to other ap prices

Good to see and gives hope of other new make vehicles to come.

#160545 Reply
    Mark

Another vehicle not suitable for under 25s.

#160630 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 4th August  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1243        Change -7

SEAT -7 (petrol)

Arona -4

Ibiza -3

SEAT now only offer 20 cars on the Scheme, 4 Arona, 7 Ibiza, 8 Leon and an electric Mii.

#160640 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Tuesday 3rd August – Vehicles on the Scheme – 1250 Change +6 Renault +6 New Arkana +6 All automatic, 1.3 petrol Mild hybrid and 1.6 petrol E-tech hybrid Prices start at £995 Advance Payment and rise to £1995. Trims are Iconic, S-Edition and RS Line. First deliveries due in September apparently.

The engine in the 1.3 version is the same as Mercedes use in the CLA albeit the 136bhp version rather than the 163bhp one.

#160698 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Quick look today and just 1207. Looks like a lot of Skoda’s have gone. Just the Fabia left.

#160701 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 5th August  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1207        Change -36

Skoda -36

Octavia -20 (removed)

Scala -8 (removed)

Superb -8 (removed

Only 4 Skoda Fabia remain on the Scheme

#160702 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Looks like Audi will be next to go then.

#160705 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Looks like Audi will be next to go then.

I would think so. As the sole premium brand in the VAG stable, I suspect that they might have been prioritised for semiconductor chips but, on the other hand, Audi has always seemed a bit half-hearted when it comes to Motability (on and off the scheme, only low powered engines etc). If I was considering an Audi on the scheme I would be ordering PDQ.

#160712 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Glos guy, don’t think they have, I ordered my q3 first week of jan, it just got built last week, it’ll be in the dealership for september

also don’t think they’ll remove the q3 as the current prices are stupidly high compared to what they were, who knows though

#160713 Reply
    Michael

Whilst unavailable on the scheme,  I’m sure Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche would have something to say about Audi being the sole premium brand in the VAG stable.

😉

On a serious not,  I think things will not improve for six months or more.  Unless needing to change,  I would recommend, where possible,  people extend their lease until the available cars return to normal, whatever that is.

#160715 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Michael – I’m prepared to be corrected, but in the classifications that the motor industry use (budget, premium etc) I think that the brands that you list are categorised as ‘luxury’. Tend to agree with you on your advice though. 😉

#160719 Reply
    Michael

You’re right of course.  I just thought I’d mention it as most people don’t know how far the long arm of VAG extends, and would be surprised to know that certain high end brands are owned by them.

#160721 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

You’re right of course. I just thought I’d mention it as most people don’t know how far the long arm of VAG extends, and would be surprised to know that certain high end brands are owned by them.

I’ve just got rid of a VW car (Tiguan) and didn’t fancy another but, saying that, if the Bentley Bentayga or even the Porsche Macan was available through Motability then I would have cancelled the BMW order in a heartbeat. I suspect that the AP’s might have been a bit on the hefty side though 😉

Viewing 25 replies - 1,751 through 1,775 (of 1,891 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: