Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,726 through 1,750 (of 1,891 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #160179 Reply
    Paul

Odd one but around 50 aday past couple of days is very worrying.

#160180 Reply
    Ray Penn

Weird, I still get 1305.

#160188 Reply
    Coral Winship

Yep I can now see only 1,255 left on the scheme

#160189 Reply
    Moreton5

Tarracos and Atecas GONE.

#160209 Reply
    Ian Price

Anyone taking bets on it reaching 1.000 cars on the scheme. It appears to be a downward spiral that has yet to stop.  The question one has to ask is will the numbers come back. And when.

#160217 Reply
    Huffpuffin

You obviously haven’t read the new August issue of Lifestyle magazine – “There are so many cars being added to the Scheme….”

Interestingly, there are no readers letters this issue – wonder why? Maybe too many negative comments and not enough positive, perhaps?

#160225 Reply
    coralie

went on to look for the aug issue cant find it only see mays

#160231 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 30th July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1255         Change -50

SEAT -48 (31 petrol, 14 diesel, 3 hybrid)

Ateca -17 Removed from Scheme

Tarraco -14 Removed from Scheme

Leon -17 8 Remain on Scheme (45 avaialble two days ago)

Only 27 SEAT cars remain on the Scheme

Vauxhall -2

Corsa 2 petrol removed

#160232 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

This is turning into a full time job wmc.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#160263 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 31st July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1244         Change -13

SKODA -13 (petrol)

Kamiq removed from Scheme

Volkswagen +2

VW Golf +2 1.0 petrol Life Manual £1449 AP and Auto £1949 AP

#160264 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

We really should be getting an email from motability explaining what’s going on and how long it is likely to last.

#160267 Reply
    Mm5

1449 for a 1 litre manual golf Life 🤮🤢

#160269 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Still 89 vehicles on the scheme that don’t trash the planet.

If the electrics go then the scheme is over.

#160272 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

They’re unlikely to go. Manufacturers need every EV sale to help them meet politically imposed quotas and avoid massive penalties.

#160284 Reply
    Ian Price

Looks like the price we are going to have to pay for the change from Ice to EVs on the scheme will be high APs. Take a look at VW ID3. If you require a large boot or SUV type vehicle that might appear on the scheme then expect to pay 4k+ upfront.

#160285 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Ian your right but we are in an absolutely unique position that is likely to last for three to five years where you will save a lot of money on fuel going ev. 8,000 miles per year is average at present and you could save well over £600 a year by going BEV.

#160287 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Because the scheme is a lease scheme, the APs depend upon the predicted value of the cars in 3 and 5 years time. Demand for EVs is high at the moment which keeps prices high & discounts low, but the predicted values into the future has changed in the EVs favour for now at least.

EVs with a large enough boot on the scheme are currently severely lacking but hopefully that will change by year end, just like it changed with the smaller EVs over the last 18 months. Look back to January 2020, the available EVs of note were BMWs i3 with an AP of around £3000, but that changed by February 2020 with the Pug e208 & Pug e2008 arriving with lower APs unless you wanted the toys & then they still cost about £3000 (my Pug e2008 was £2850 AP). By summer you could get the Zoe with a decent battery size for a small AP & the Koreans were arriving at a little over £3ooo. By the end of 2020 we saw the AP on a 64kWh Kona EV fall rapidly. Currently a 64kWh Kona or Soul is £999 AP, the ID3 competes with an even longer range 77kWh offering at only a little more AP.

Whether a large enough EV with enough range arrives on the scheme before you want to consider one is the current constraint. It’s a changing situation & will probably be different a couple of weeks from now, exciting times indeed.

As for me, I’m enjoying my little Pug e2008, it could have better range, or more space, both highly desirable, but I’m managing. Current worries are indeed “current”, this summer is seeing queues at rapid chargers on the motorways, something that didn’t happen last year as everyone knew the chargers didn’t work. The solution is longer range & faster charging on more rapid chargers, & it’ll happen eventually.

#160289 Reply
    Chris Murphy

Hopefully with the addition of the id4 this quarter to the scheme, this will entice other manufacturers to add their electric vehicles to the scheme more and more, would love to see the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 on the scheme but who knows

#160290 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Don’t forget the kia ev6, which to my mind is one of the nicest and fab looking ev’s.

#160291 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Both of these EVs would be fantastic additions to the scheme but I think, initially, demand will outstrip supply and motability will not be required by the manufacturers.

Hope I’m wrong.

#160293 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Both of these EVs would be fantastic additions to the scheme but I think, initially, demand will outstrip supply and motability will not be required by the manufacturers. Hope I’m wrong.

Well I’ve extended for 2 years, so hopefully the demand will be down and they will be on the scheme.

Mind you in 2 years time the choices might be down to 1 car but you can choose the colours 😂.

#160294 Reply
    Ian Price

Kia EV6 £40k+ so unless the rules change don’t see this coming on the scheme. Also don’t see the ioniq coming on anytime soon. When the E niro even the base model is not on. So why would they put the Ioniq on.

#160295 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

“Mind you in 2 years time the choices might be down to 1 car but you can choose the colours”

Sorry to disappoint, Fastbike, but the Invacar is only available in duck-egg blue. ‘🙄

#160298 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Kia EV6 £40k+ so unless the rules change don’t see this coming on the scheme. Also don’t see the ioniq coming on anytime soon. When the E niro even the base model is not on. So why would they put the Ioniq on.

Yeah, pretty much the same thought here.

That said: the Enyaq iV fits pricewise, and the sister car (ID4) is already on the scheme (albeit stupendously priced, but so was the ID3 and that dropped by 75% in price after one quarter, fingers crossed). Chances are, we’ll get that one eventually.

Which i’d like, because looks-wise, it’s my personal favourite in regards to EVs.

#160304 Reply
    Raddish21
    Participant

Is the Mazda CX-5 not on the Motability Scheme? If not, why?

Viewing 25 replies - 1,726 through 1,750 (of 1,891 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: