Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,676 through 1,700 (of 1,704 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #159283 Reply
    Fastbike1000
    Participant

Let’s face it, it’s gonna get worse before it gets better.

Maybe I should have said, hopefully gets better.

#159285 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Are we heading to absolute Zero!

#159293 Reply
    Martinod

Motability The Big Event  6th and 7th August is now online  you need to register

but there a people from motability going to be there if we register we can as motability questions

maybe we can make a list of question ,

I think this might be good opportunity for question

Although I don’t think they’ll answer much properly, they’ll just pass the buck

#159363 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

WMC’s figure yesterday was 1380 on scheme. Today’s Motability site figure is 1342. Suspect Mr Forum will have a lot of work to find which 38 cars have entered the black hole!

#159364 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

WMC’s figure yesterday was 1380 on scheme. Today’s Motability site figure is 1342. Suspect Mr Forum will have a lot of work to find which 38 cars have entered the black hole!

All VW Tiguans, VW T-Rocs and most VW Golfs for starters!

#159365 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Looks like it’s mostly VW’s, as correctly flagged by Newfie a few days ago. Hope that those who had placed orders (or wanted to) managed to nail down an order tracking number before the drawbridge went up. Wouldn’t be surprised if the chip supply issue sees some more manufacturers temporarily exit Motability.

#159366 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Yes, VW down from 99 to 61. I’m out and about but will be back in half an hour to give you a full breakdown.

#159369 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Predicting the future just got a lot more difficult.

#159373 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 22nd July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1342       Change -38

Volkswagen-38 (28 petrol, 10 diesel)

Golf -15 (4 remain on Scheme)

T-Roc -10 (removed from Scheme)

Tiguan -13 (removed from Scheme)

#159404 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I think we may well find that in all aspects of live choices will diminish. perhaps temporarily, perhaps in the longer term.

#159539 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 23rd July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1342       No Change

#159607 Reply
    VikingUK
    Participant

Well might have to do some rethinking when our Karoq is due to go back later this year for sure.

#159610 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

It seems clear to me that motability will need to open the two year extension to everyone on the scheme as the choice is likely to get worse before it gets better.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#159621 Reply
    struth
    Participant

Inclined to agree but will they? mine goes back beginning Dec, so if i ask for extention they may or may not give it. I guess if too many ask they will lose money on resales as 2nd hand market is booming so may refuse. Thus i might end up carless for a while.

#159625 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I’m likely to extend next week but in the “Leasing your next car” guff sent to me this week I noticed it saying if you have less than 15,000 miles on the clock and as it is mine about 13,500 but had it not been for lockdowns that number would have been nearer to 18,000 > 20,000 miles so yes they need to make allowances.

Not sure but I think there OK with more than 15,000 if, one, you have adaptions on the car or, two, if you paid a big AP on your current car or both.

Don’t you just love the relax certainty of being a Motability customer. 😁

#159711 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 24th July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1353       Change +11

Vauxhall +11

Grandland X +11, 7 petrol and 4 diesel

Now 35 different Grandland X to choose from.

#159743 Reply
    Ray Penn

Grandland X?

The outgoing model?

I’ll start the bidding at 4 days until it comes off the scheme.  XD

#159755 Reply
    VictorOne

It’s just pathetic isn’t it. Besides the fact cars are disappearing, why on earth Vauxhall require 35 different models of one particular vehicle is just beyond belief. 🤦‍♂️

#159760 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

They obviously see Motability as a dumping ground to get rid of such a terrible car.

#159761 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It may be your opinion, Elliot but it may also be a rather upsetting comment for satisfied Grandland X users to read.

#159763 Reply
    Richardw

Absolutely Wigwam, couldn’t agree more.

#159770 Reply
    Raddish21
    Participant

I am looking at getting a Skoda Karoq SE L next year as my next Motability vehicle…..Skoda still have it in the brochure. It is not on the Motability website…..has it been permanently removed or is it being upgraded to come back in 2022?

#159775 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

I am looking at getting a Skoda Karoq SE L next year as my next Motability vehicle…..Skoda still have it in the brochure. It is not on the Motability website…..has it been permanently removed or is it being upgraded to come back in 2022?

WMC posted the following on 21st July 2021:

When (or if) the mid-life updated version will return to the scheme, particularly in the current ‘chip shortage’ climate, is anybody’s guess.

#159776 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

BigDave has answered your question but, as a general point, car manufacturers tend to only produce a Motability price list once per quarter, released on 1st of Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct. Cars can be added or, more likely, removed from the Motability scheme at any stage and therefore these price lists are often out of date within days. As a result, the Motability website is really the only accurate way to establish whether or not a specific car is available. If it’s not on the website, it can’t be ordered. Unfortunately, the Motability website is notoriously unreliable with cars sometimes disappearing one day only to reappear the next, which doesn’t help matters. That’s why this thread and the excellent info provided daily by wmcforum is invaluable.

#159784 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sunday 25th July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1353       No Change

Viewing 25 replies - 1,676 through 1,700 (of 1,704 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: