Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,651 through 1,675 (of 1,734 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #158555 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 15th July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1400      Change +5

Toyota +5

Toyota Aygo 71bhp petrol +5

#158611 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 16th July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1388      Change -12

Citroen -1

Berlingo XL 1.2 110 petrol manaul ‘Feel’ removed £895AP

Peugeot -11

Rifter (sister car to Berlingo) Removed from Scheme

#158621 Reply
    Brydo

Are we seeing the fewest number of cars on the scheme?

#158684 Reply
    struth
    Participant

with a shortfall of cars available i suppose they will give priority to cash customers

#158710 Reply
    Ray Penn

It’s not a great surprise that the scheme is in a bit of a mess.  We have an almost perfect storm.

Income from the charitable side is down due to the pandemic.  There is a worldwide chip shortage (allegedly).  Manufacturers can’t run at full capacity due to staff shortages caused by the pandemic – anyone seen the headline from Nissan in Sunderland?    Some manufacturers have put APs at ridiculously high levels in order to keep vehicles on the scheme but knowing that the majority of us don’t have £4k+ available, it suppresses sales and allows them to meet delivery targets.  We still need to sign post Brexit trade deals with several car producing countries; including China, Brazil, South Korea, and the United States.  This causes uncertainty on pricing.  Everything coming in to Great Britain from the EU needs extra paperwork and this is on a per vehicle basis for factory orders.  PIP assessments are ridiculously behind schedule due to the pandemic, so new claimants are waiting longer than ever.  Personally I have been waiting for more than 13 months!

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon but we cannot use our own metrics on when that will be.  The pandemic will continue for at least the next two years in one form or another thanks to the incredibly slow roll-out of vaccines globally.  I’d like to think that Motability could do something about it but I think we all know that, in reality, that ain’t going to happen.

#158712 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I think that’s a very fair analysis Ray.  Like all sectors of society, we have to ride out the storm. There are others worse off..

#158761 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 17th July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1388      No Change

#158776 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

Only 17 days ago, Motability were proudly boasting the following in their ‘news’ section dated 1st July 2021:

Latest prices for the Motability Scheme

Who said a week is a long time in Politics? Well, two weeks and three days is an eternity on the Motability Scheme it seems.

I wonder if the number of vehicles available can (will?) go even lower?

#158780 Reply
    Martinod

MOTABILITY LIST OF CARS WILL SOON READ 

this quarters motability list of new cars  available

1 manual and 1 automatic

will the list ever increase again

#158781 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

@Martinod

…and that will be a three wheeler in blue.😁😥

#158782 Reply
    Tim

…and that will be a three wheeler in blue.😁😥

Metallic paint free of charge 👍

#158784 Reply
    Paul

1387 now so 1 as just been removed

#158787 Reply
    Martinod

Has anyone ask them why the quality available has went down  and why it so frequently

#158797 Reply
    Ray Penn

Apparently it’s “commercially sensitive”.

#158802 Reply
    Martinod

What does that mean

#158803 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Whilst there are chip issues etc that doesn’t fully explain the full magnitude of the drop. It used to be over 4,000 cars! The way that the scheme is going I can see our new car being the last we get from Motability, which would be a shame. We really struggled this time and of the cars on our shortlist only one ticked almost every box. I can see that choice being even harder in 3 years time. £10k sacrificed benefits plus AP plus cost of options to get the spec you want is a big outlay for something that is a compromise.

#158826 Reply
    Landyman

That’s why I extended my lease Glos Guy . I’ve got another two year’s to save for a car or hope motability get BEV’s on that suits my needs and I like.

#158901 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sunday 18th July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1387      Change -1

Fiat +1

Tipo Cross hatchback 1.0 petrol manual £995 Advance Payment

Vauxhall -2

Astra -1 petrol

Corsa -1 petrol

#158962 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 19th July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1387      No Change

#159018 Reply
    PillBoy
    Participant

I’m seriously considering leaving the scheme and buying myself a used Lexus SUV.  With these APs and the lack of choice it’s not easy to stay.

#159066 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 20th July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1387      No Change

#159116 Reply
    Huffpuffin

I have just spoken to my VW dealer as I was going to start the process of replacing my Tiguan for another one, and he said that VW informed dealers last night that all Golfs, T-Rocs and Tiguan will be pulled from Motability this quarter, because of chip shortages.

I have no reason to doubt him, but if it’s not right then don’t shoot the messenger!!

#159119 Reply
    VictorOne

I’m beginning to get frustrated now with car shortages, micro chips, covid, Brexit etc… what an absolute shambles Great Britain has become.

The cars available are outrageous, and AP’s are also, outrageous. I’m due to renew, this is my third extension, next May will be the 5th year and why, because sod all has become available that suits my needs.

I think Mota need to have a sit down and think about how things are going to be managed moving forward. The relationships with dealers are so negative towards us also, it’s just got 💩 all of a sudden.

#159212 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 21st July  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1380       Change -7

Skoda -7

Skoda Karoq, 5 petrol and 2 diesel removed, no longer on Scheme. Karoq is due a Mid life upgrade.

#159280 Reply
    Mmoreton5

Road to sub 1000 begins

Viewing 25 replies - 1,651 through 1,675 (of 1,734 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: