Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,476 through 1,500 (of 1,517 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #146287 Reply
    Mike Charles

I believe the premium se has a heat pump and the newer model doesn’t. Heat pump will help with efficiency in colder weather.

#146288 Reply
    Mike Charles

But overall the ultimate is a bargain 🙂

#146289 Reply
    Mike Cooper

The kona ultimate retail price has in reality increased by £3k after the axing of the government grant and is now nearly £8k dearer than the premium ( the premium se not available on the configurator now ). It’s a huge difference in price so they may be experiencing ( or anticipating )low sales on the ultimate trim so they are trying to drum up some business by getting the ultimate on the road through motability.Seems like one of those too good to be true prices to me. I would pile in now if I could but have another 2 months to wait and don’t expect this deal to be around by then.

#146295 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

The kona ultimate retail price has in reality increased by £3k after the axing of the government grant and is now nearly £8k dearer than the premium ( the premium se not available on the configurator now ). It’s a huge difference in price so they may be experiencing ( or anticipating )low sales on the ultimate trim so they are trying to drum up some business by getting the ultimate on the road through motability.Seems like one of those too good to be true prices to me. I would pile in now if I could but have another 2 months to wait and don’t expect this deal to be around by then.

The two cars with pics on the motability search engine are the Model Year 20.5, the two introduced today are the Model Year 21 cars, I doubt you’d be able to find a Premium SE now anyway, I struggled to and that was about 6 weeks ago.

The Ultimate trim has actually had its price cut by nearly £6k, my Premium SE invoice was over £42k, the replacement after they removed the grant had its price cut to around £37k

Main difference between the Premium SE and the ultimate is you lose the battery heater, but gain an electric tilt/slide sunroof and Apple CarPlay is now cordless.

I suspect the price shown might be wrong, wouldn’t be at all surprised to see it changing to £1499, still a bargain for a car that has just about everything included as standard.

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#146302 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Ok thanks Intranicity I just took the figures straight from their configuration site which says  premium from £29300 and ultimate from £37200. The ultimate would be an absolute steal for £499.

#146312 Reply
    PraxxtorCruel
    Participant

Does anyone know if this revised Hyundai Kona comes with rear led lights? It looked really tacky having front led lights but then using halogen lamps at the back for the signal lights. So wondering if they’ve gone full led?

#146321 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

I’ve got the Premium SE and that’s full LED all round so doubt it’s changed

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#146368 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 24th April  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1621   Change -3

Volkswagen -3

Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 3 cars removed. Production is full and cars are stock only. It says so on the VW website: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/tiguan-allspace.html

Presumably the next time we see it, will be in a facelifted form.

#146478 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sunday 25th April  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1621   No change.

#146493 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Presumably the next time we see it, will be in a facelifted form.

I’m sure the facelift will bring with it another plus thousand on the AP and again can’t help feeling that manufactures are using Motability as a dumping ground for old models.

Back to the drawing board for me with time running out on my ordering date in July with the pool of seven seats cars or at least those capable of carrying a fully assembled pavement scooter getting smaller and smaller as the days go by.

#146507 Reply
    Moreton5

Would the Seat Tarraco FR TSi DSG 4drive not interest you, ChrisK? I’m looking at that myself but 4K ap is putting me off.

#146512 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

HI Moreton5

I have the Tarraco in my list too but I’m beginning to wonder exactly how many of these WAG cars are available through Motability.

They may well be in the Motability search engine as indeed the Allspace is still there today but I’ve been having a look around this morning and configured a Skoda Kodiaq and after inputting all the guff it said at the end “Orders from stock only for this model” so it sort of gives me the feeling the Tarraco would be the same although it says nothing on the Seat site.

#146543 Reply
    Modcon

I’m going to look at the 5008 tomorrow that’s a 7seater only issue is no power tailgate on lower specs only got premium but thats not available in diesel unfortunately

#146574 Reply
    Mmoreton5

I was quoted 4 month delivery time for tarraco 2.0 tsi 4 drive fr

I don’t know what to do as I need to change asap

#146593 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 26th April  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1621   No change.

#146729 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 27th April  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1613   Change -8.

Mazda -8 

Mazda CX-5 removed from Scheme

#146823 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 28th April  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1602   Change -11.

Alfa Romeo -3

Alfa Romeo Giulietta -3. The last of the Alfa’s on the Scheme have shuffled off, once they sorted out the electrics. Sad day.

Fiat -4

500x -3 petrol

Tipo – 1 petrol

Jeep -3 (petrol 1, Desel 2)

Jeep Compas -2

Jeep Renegade -1

Mitsubishi -1

Outlander: 1 petrol removed

#146952 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 29th April  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1602   No Change

#147052 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 30th April  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1602   No Change

#147140 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 1st May  –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1601   Change -1

Ford -1

Ford Puma 1 removed, the ST Line Vignale 123bhp with an automatic gearbox (£1245AP)

#147141 Reply
    Dave W

I picked up a new Ford yesterday. Chatting to the dealer, he expects a fair few Fords to drop off in the coming week due to the chip shortage.

#147142 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I picked up a new Ford yesterday. Chatting to the dealer, he expects a fair few Fords to drop off in the coming week due to the chip shortage.

thank goodness it’s not around here we got them with fish mushy peas and bread and butter for dinner tonight

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#147144 Reply
    Kev

Mini and Jaguar Land Rover closed at the moment as well, more Manufacturers will unfortunatly follow,lead times will get much longer until 2022 thats what they are saying,and could lead to car increases due to semiconductor price rises

#147205 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

At least there not using the Covid excuse but odd they should remove cars just because of shortages of parts as all that does is leave us in suspense whether or not that it will return and when it does return adds to the many, many, many months we already have to wait. All we need is honesty from the manufactures and the dealer and if they say the wait is this long or that long at least we can make up our minds if its worth waiting for.

My take is they got loads of orders to fill and again Motability including us are second class customers and are first to the back of the queue and instead of getting it in the neck for late deliveries, take the cars of the scheme and at least their happy.

#147207 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Our local Volvo dealer told me last week that Volvo UK had instructed dealers not to take any new orders from Motability customers due to semiconductor supply issues. Other Volvo dealerships are not saying this, so I have raised a complaint with Volvo UK as this looks like anti-Motability dealer BS. Our local BMW dealer (who, by contrast, have been superb) have had their X1 orders pushed back by 5 weeks due to the shortage of a component. Dealer not sure if this is semiconductor related but is going to try to find out next week after the Bank Holiday.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,476 through 1,500 (of 1,517 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: