Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,782 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #137777 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

I so want to do my bit and have been looking at phevs with a view to doing this. Some nice cars added but 4.5k ap for a Leon estate for example means I’ll be sticking with petrol/diesel for a while yet

#137781 Reply
    Brydo

Richard its got to work for you financially, if you do 8,000 miles per year and the bulk of your return journeys are less than 40-50 miles then it could “maybe” make financial sense. If this is not the case it makes no sense at all, financially or with regard to any “green” agenda you may have as the petrol engines in PHEV tend to be less efficient than your standard petrol ICE car.

#137787 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

Richard its got to work for you financially, if you do 8,000 miles per year and the bulk of your return journeys are less than 40-50 miles then it could “maybe” make financial sense. If this is not the case it makes no sense at all, financially or with regard to any “green” agenda you may have as the petrol engines in PHEV tend to be less efficient than your standard petrol ICE car.

I do a school run which is a 25 mile round trip twice a day. For this reason alone it would make sense for us. The problem is the initial outlay, especially in the current situation.

#137794 Reply
    Brydo

You will need to crunch the numbers Robert £4,000 -£5000 is a lot of money to lay out at one time. Keeping it 5 years would make the finances work better, assuming nothing changes with regards to tax per mile etc. So it’s a big commitment and if it’s pushing you financially I would resist the temptation and get a cheaper PHEV.

#137800 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

At last! I’ve been waiting for the new updated 208 to come onto the scheme.

Now all I have to do is wait for Peugeot’s ‘proper’ Motability list which (hopefully) includes the GT Premium.

Happy days! 🙂

#137804 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

martinod – by “tanks” I mean the SUV off-road styling which has become so popular today. For me, they are too high to get in and out of comfortably. Moreover, the bigger/higher/wider styling seems to me to be a waste of extra metal and power to push it along. The whole “Chelsea Tractor” thing seems just a fashion trend. (Although I can see many disabled drivers need the extra space).

Don’t think the Seat and Peugeot are small cars. Seat derives from, and is slightly larger than, the VW Golf which I’ve always thought of as a medium sized family car. Peugeot is some 30cm shorter but still medium in my book. I would count the Mini hatch 3dr as a small car – half a metre shorter than a Golf

#137809 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Motability’s website is average at best. It’s always best to go direct to a manufacturer’s own Motability website.

Peugeot have just this minute added the 208 130 EAT8 GT Premium with an AP of £799 which is marvelous news!

This top spec version comes with heated alcantara seats, adaptive cruise control, keyless entry & unique darker alloys.

At last – I can finally order my next car… and what a car it is – for me anyway.

#137889 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 28th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1619.  1 removed

Peugeot +4

1 petrol 1 diesel and 2 Electric added

Peugeot 208 +5 – 2 lower trim electric added, 208 Electric now from £999 AP

Peugeot 2008 -1

SEAT +2

2 more PHEV Leon added at 5k+ AP!

Suzuki -1

Swift -1

Toyota -4 

4 CHR removed

Vauxhall -2

2 New Crossland Diesel removed

#137891 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I can’t see which Toyota CHR have been removed ? Mine on order is still on

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#138049 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 29th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1622.  3 Added

Peugeot +3

2 petrol 1 diesel

Peugeot 208 +2

Peugeot 2008 +1  The 1.2 petrol 153bhp 0-62 in 8.2 seconds £1699 AP

#138144 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 30th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1623.  1 Added

This one:

MINI COUNTRYMAN HATCHBACK 2.0 COOPER S CLASSIC ALL4 5DR AUTO [COM/NAV+ PACK] £1899 AP

#138145 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Quite a good addition, especially with the 4×4. Damn good AP too – about the same that I paid for a 2wd 3 door Cooper S hatch in March 2020!

(edited for crap spulling)

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Tharg.
    #138150 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

We’re due to change soon and the Minis are on my shortlist. That’s a lot of car for £1899

#138161 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Try the new Renault Clio rs line 130 edc and the new peugeot 208 gt line eat but the Mini cooper s paddle shift is nice as well and ask for £500 off the advanced payment like i did with mini and got it shop around and play the dealers be prepared to walk away if you want a deal.

#138179 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Try the new Renault Clio rs line 130 edc and the new peugeot 208 gt line eat but the Mini cooper s paddle shift is nice as well and ask for £500 off the advanced payment like i did with mini and got it shop around and play the dealers be prepared to walk away if you want a deal.

I have just got off the phone 30-minutes ago after having ordered the Peugeot 208 GT Premium 130 EAT8. Advance payment was £799 which I thought was very reasonable indeed for a fully kitted out car.

#138182 Reply
    Matthew

Anyone think the more powerful 3 series bmw touring will come back on the scheme?

#138203 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Anyone think the more powerful 3 series bmw touring will come back on the scheme?

Very nice i would have choose that if was available but it was not in nov 2019 but i am happy with the Renault RS Line edc although only paid £295 ap but its not available on the scheme at this time i see.

#138204 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Very nice i would have choose that if was available but it was not in nov 2019 but i am happy with the Renault RS Line edc although only paid £295 ap but its not available on the scheme at this time i see.

I have just got off the phone 30-minutes ago after having ordered the Peugeot 208 GT Premium 130 EAT8. Advance payment was £799 which I thought was very reasonable indeed for a fully kitted out car.

Sorry this should be on this post Very nice i would have choose that if was available but it was not in nov 2019 but i am happy with the Renault RS Line edc although only paid £295 ap but its not available on the scheme at this time i see.

#138207 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

None of us know for certain Matthew, but I would think it unlikely as it wasn’t removed randomly (as many are, only to return later) but at a quarter change and it didn’t appear on the BMW price list. The 320i Touring was top of my list, but we might have had to discount it in favour of an SUV if my wife found it too low for access (she’s a wheelchair user). I wouldn’t rule out the 318i though. It’s still a 2.0 litre but obviously a lower state of tune than the 320i. I wouldn’t be surprised if that disappears in Q2 as well, as it seems odd to just have one version of a car on the scheme and each quarter seems to result in less and less choice.

#138257 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sunday 31st January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1623.  No change

#138260 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

Thanks for that. The 208 is also on the list. Love the yellow!

#138349 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 1st February –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1623.  No change

Fact of the Day

Pinch Punch, first of the month

This phrase is thought to date back to old England times when people believed in the existence of witches. The ‘pinch’ part refers to the pinching of the salt – as this kitchen ingredient was believed to weaken the witches when thrown at them. The ‘punch’ part was to banish the witch once and for all.

#138515 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 2nd February –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1623.  No change

#138517 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Tuesday 2nd February – Vehicles on the Scheme – 1623. No change

wmcforum – This daily update is invaluable and saves us all a lot of work. Thank you so much for doing it. I’m curious though. Do you get an update from Motability each day or, when you see that the number of cars has changed, do you literally have to go through every make and model to ‘spot the differences’? I hope for your sake it’s the former but if it’s the latter then full respect to you!

#138521 Reply
    des

I have just been thinking the same Glos Guy

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,782 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: