Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,101 through 1,125 (of 1,126 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135971 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 13th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1597.  9 vehicles added

Volkswagen (+12)

T-Cross 6 manual and Automatic T-Cross 1.0 petrol 110 suitable for under 25’s

Tiguan Allspace 7 added. The same 7 that were available last quarter but £150 cheaper

T-Roc 1 petrol car removed

Seat (-3) 

Ateca 3 removed, 2.0 litre petrol 190 4 wheel drive

#135979 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Interesting that the Allspace has returned. I guess that means that it’s not receiving the same facelift as the regular Tiguan any time soon, which was why I had assumed that it had been removed. That’s a shame as, other than the R-Line Tech (which isn’t available on the scheme in Allspace) the facelift version of the standard Tiguan has had a few nice additions.

#136150 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 14th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1570.  27 removed

Peugeot (-26)

15 petrol, 7 diesel and 4 electric removed

208 – 18 removed (facelifted model due)

2008 – 8 removed including all electric

Volkswagen (-1)

T-Roc 2.0 litre 190 4 wheel drive petrol removed (we all knew this was overdue)

#136152 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

At last! Thank you Peugeot.

Looking forward to seeing what the new 208 prices will be for the GT and GT Premium versions.

#136153 Reply
    Mike11

Solent 60 sorry to go off topic but In our CHR with the auto air condo you have to press the button to turn it off every time you get in the car ?

#136157 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Staying off-topic! Mike11, why would you turn it off?

#136160 Reply
    Mike11

Because it uses fuel wigwam and I don’t want the air con on all the time

#136161 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Assuming we are talking about automatic climate control Mike11 (I don’t know the car) the extra fuel used is negligible.  It’s job is to maintain normal levels of humidity and temperature. It’s not really aircon in the old sense any more.  It comes on by default for that reason.

#136162 Reply
    Martinod

Iv never used air con in a car it uses fuel I just put the heater on no air con

More cars being removed everyday there more and more  being removed by the time we get out of lock down our choice of cars will not be much if anything

#136163 Reply
    Mike11

Yes wigwam it is climate control  I’ve never had before you can set temp for driver and passenger does it use fuel ?

#136167 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Solent 60 sorry to go off topic but In our CHR with the auto air condo you have to press the button to turn it off every time you get in the car ?

No Mike, it stays the same as when you left it. Same with the heated seats etc. If you left them on when you locked the vehicle for the night, they will still be on next morning when you start the car up. Aircon settings are the same.

#136168 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

In the first car I had with climate control I did a long run one way with CC on, the other way with it off. There was no noticable difference to fuel consumption. Just leave it do its job.  The main benefit is controlling humidity in the car in general, so windows should never mist up.

#136173 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

In the first car I had with climate control I did a long run one way with CC on, the other way with it off. There was no noticable difference to fuel consumption. Just leave it do its job. The main benefit is controlling humidity in the car in general, so windows should never mist up.

Agreed. People misunderstand climate control / air con as being something that you just need to cool the car in the summer. As you rightly say it is designed to be on permanently, all year round as it regulates both temperature and humidity, the latter of which helps avoid driver fatigue. In fact, if you don’t keep the Air Con switched on all year round the seals dry out and perish, which causes the refrigerant to leak out and then in the summer when you really do want nice cool air the efficiency of the system is much reduced.

#136174 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Because it uses fuel wigwam and I don’t want the air con on all the time

Mike once you get used to the car, if it is anything like mine, in the setting you find the necessary adjustment, mine automatically switches on at start up , in setting I can switch to manual.

As your Toyota is a Hybrid is constantly harvesting energy so I doubt you will notice the slightest difference in fuel consumption using the climate control.

Please be aware according to the manufacture instruction manual you regularly need to run you aircon/ climate control, personally I leave mine as it is it has not made any difference to my range

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#136175 Reply
    Southamman

Whilst in the original use Air con did decrease the MPG, this, with the exception of fully electric cars, (which also suffer MPG loss using the heater)

is now not the case. Air con units are much more efficient and smaller pumps with same efficiency, they make very little difference, plus Climate control also keeps the cabin humid free during winter (outside temp allowing) so just leave it on. If MPG us so tight, turn everything off ☺️

#136177 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Mike,

Don’t turn climate control off. I did for a few months as I wanted to test the impact on mpg.  Turns out the gas in the system does not like being inert for long periods and I had to get the system Re gassed. It was never the same again.
    As I recall turning it off made no noticeable difference to the fuel consumption.

#136180 Reply
    Mike11

Thank you so much for the replies about climate control what temp in the digital display should I set it for winter and summer it’s all new to me ?

#136184 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i have mine on 18 drivers side 15 pass as i never have passengers lol.

#136187 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

20 and 20

#136194 Reply
    Mmoreton5

All the 190 petrols being removed. Why?

#136221 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I have a feeling that this may be more of a VW supply issue with these engines than a Motability one. To take the facelifted Tiguan as an example, the 2.0TSi engine has not been released for sale in the UK yet and this must be hampering sales, as the sole petrol engine available at present is the 1.5 and that only comes with 2 wheel drive. To get 4WD at present means a diesel. A lot of SUV drivers want 2.0 engines and 4WD but are looking to move away from diesels.

#136243 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Because it is immoral to have a car which can do more than pull the skin off an even slightly damp custard?

#136382 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 15th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1563.  7 removed

Vauxhall (-6) 

6 petrol Astra removed

Toyota (-2)

2 RAV4 removed, AWD version in Design trim. No AWD RAV4 on Scheme. Front wheel drive RAV4 in Excel trim removed. Trim order: Icon, Design, Excel, Dynamic, Black Edition (not on Scheme).

SsangYong (+1)

Korando 1.5 petrol added with an automatic gearbox. £2999 Advance Payment which seems high for a car that has an OTR price of £25k. The Ventura trim is also base level, sitting below Pioneer and Ultimate.

#136399 Reply
    martinod

yet even more cars off when will it stop

#136447 Reply
    JS

the ssangyong @3 Grand seems Motability is expecting big loses in residual sales

Viewing 25 replies - 1,101 through 1,125 (of 1,126 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: