Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,076 through 1,100 (of 1,287 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135162 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Friday 8th January 1587 vehicles on the Scheme. 19 added

Ford +4

2 petrol and 2 diesel Ford Focus added

Vauxhall +15

15 Crossland added. This is the mid life update for the Crossland X, they dropped the X. The 1.2 petrol with 128 bhp is avaialble as an auto or manual for NIL advance Payment in well stocked Elite trim. Some Good News!

#135217 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Thanks Aygo. That would be a strange move in the UK market, given that Seat is positioned as a budget brand here whereas VW is towards the top of the upper-mid segment. It would make sense however to combine the Tiguan and Allspace but as long as they have 5 and 7 seat options. We looked at the Allspace but discounted it as the rearmost seats (which we would never use) don’t fold flush into the floor, which made the boot space less practical than the standard Tiguan for my wife’s wheelchair. If they did an Allspace size body with 5 seats and a larger completely flat load area then I would be very interested in that.

It would be very strange, indeed but it’s almost certain VW won’t do that.

I would have thought that the rearmost seats would fold neatly into the floor, especially for such a recent car.

I did consider the Tiguan Allspace, especially when it came onto the scheme for £1,749.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#135308 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Saturday 9th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1592. 5 added

Vauxhall (+6)

Crossland 1 diesel and 5 petrol, Ultimate trim added

Volkswagen (-1)

1 petrol T-Roc removed

#135317 Reply
    Russ

The allspace 3rd row do lay flat as the 2nd row of seats are adjustable and slide.

I almost discounted the allspace until found that out.

Showrooms tend to push the 2nd row back as far as they will go so it looks massive behind the front passengers.

Im “6. 2” and with the 3 rd row down flat I’m more than comfortable in the 2nd row.

#135331 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

The allspace 3rd row do lay flat as the 2nd row of seats are adjustable and slide. I almost discounted the allspace until found that out. Showrooms tend to push the 2nd row back as far as they will go so it looks massive behind the front passengers. Im “6. 2” and with the 3 rd row down flat I’m more than comfortable in the 2nd row.

Thanks Russ. That’s useful to know. At the risk of sounding pedantic, can I just ask if, when the 3rd row seats are laid flat, is the boot floor then the same level all the way from the tailgate to the back of the 2nd two of seats? The Allspace I looked at had the 3rd row stowed flat, but they were still at a higher level then the rest of the boot. As I have to use the boot for a wheelchair, I really need a completely flat load space without lips, gaps and even slightly varying levels etc. If so, the Allspace could be a contender for us although I would want the Elegance model and because we want a petrol Auto next time, I suspect that our only choice would be the 1.5 litre which I would worry is insufficient for a car of that size and weight.

#135333 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Any idea when the allspace facelift will hit dealerships in the uk

#135334 Reply
    Southamman
    #135336 Reply
    Russ

I think the best YouTube video on the Allspace is from OSV.

Very thorough and covers every aspect of the car.

It is slightly raised from the tailgate but not enough to cause problems.

#135338 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Any idea when the allspace facelift will hit dealerships in the uk

I can’t find any info online whatsoever. I think we are just hoping that the reason the current model has been removed from Motability is because the facelift is imminent, but if that was the case I think there would be info out there by now. We can order end March but with lockdown may delay a bit. Quarter 1 has left us underwhelmed, so maybe Quarter 2 may provide more choice. But then again….

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Glos Guy.
    #135340 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

It looks like the rear occasional seats do go flat, but the rear three seats are slightly raised. https://www.google.com/search?q=tiguan+allspace&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB590GB590&hl=en-GB&prmd=ivn&sxsrf=ALeKk00KSDns4kKsQGfauuOe5UFzocc0UQ:1610199336212&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj56c77-47uAhUOyIUKHcFdAJQQ_AUoAXoECAUQAQ&biw=1366&bih=893#imgrc=BlL47cWozv306M dud you look at the Kidiaq\/ a bit bigger boot than the Allspace

Thanks Southamman. That’s a good photo, better than any on the VW website. The rearmost section of the boot seems to be much higher than in the standard Tiguan, presumably to level up with the folded 3rd row? Odd, as you seem to gain space in one respect but loose it in the other. Haven’t really considered Škoda. I know that they are great cars these days but they just don’t quite do it for me. Neither does the Tiguan to be honest, but it feels a little bit better quality.

#135341 Reply
    Markymate

Glos Guy, all I would say to you is go and test drive a Kodiaq. The interior quality in my opinion is of equal, if not better quality than the Tiquan Allspace. And the boot floor is completely flat with no lips or gaps, and bigger than the Allspace.

#135434 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sunday 10th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1592. No Change

#135441 Reply
    Brydo

Markymate that is one fantastic beast, stick a mattress in there and your weekends away are sorted.

#135483 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

Thanks Brydo, she’s been a fantastic beast. Just seems to swallow anything I put in there. And as I’ve banged on here, the most comfortable driving car I’ve had the pleasure of driving. Going to be really sad when she goes in March.:(

#135505 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

That sure is a fantastic boot Markymate. Try as I might, I just can’t get too excited about getting a Skoda, but I know that they are well equipped and get rave reviews, so I may have to keep an open mind. Did I imagine it or did someone say recently that the Kodiak SE-L had recently had some standard kit removed? I’d also be a bit concerned about the fact that you can only get the 1.5 litre petrol as I am used to much more pokey engines and it’s a very big car.

#135513 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

I know, the badge thing can really shake some people, me included, that was until I drove this beauty. Keep an open mind and just book a test drive and see what you think. I’ve got the SE L with leather seats.   I’ve said it numerous times, the engine is better than the size suggests. Like you, I was a 2lt plus man with plenty of toque, and was certainly not thinking of moving to petrol, or auto for that fact. But as the Kodiaq had just come out all the dealer had was the 1.4TSi DSG. A sulky face turned into a very smiley one in about 10 minutes driving. Never looked backed or regretted it in the 3 years I’ve had the pleasure driving it.

The Kodiaq SE L has recently lost a few things that were standard, nothing major at first, removable torch, door protectors, one of the umbrella’s went. And now the Columbus infotainment system has been replaced with the next grade down, now being an option at £1200.  Very sad, but going to enjoy my last 2 and half months driving, although Covid has pretty much going to infringe on that!!

#135536 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Monday 11th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1592. No Change

#135788 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Tuesday 12th January –  Vehicles on the Scheme – 1588. 4 Removed

Citroen

C5 Aircross 1.2 petrol Shine trim £495 AP Removed.

Grand C4 Spacetourer one diesel old trim line removed

Vauxhall

1 Diesel Vivaro Life removed

Seat 

Taracco 2.0 petrol 189bhp 4 wheel drive in Xcellence trim Removed.

#135813 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Having been reminded on the ‘Nostalgia’ thread that the number of cars available on the Motability scheme has halved over the last 12 years and is still falling, I am tempted to work out how long, based upon these trends, it will take before the scheme offers no choice and is down to just one car – plus, given the fact that the Invacar is no longer produced, what will that car be? 😂

#135825 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Brands are simply offering less engines and fewer trim lines per model, replacing these with optional packs, streamlining production to maximise profit.

In 2012 on the Scheme VW had 13.25 choices per model, today 6.33, BMW 14 per model, today 3.6.

#135827 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Tuesday 12th January – Vehicles on the Scheme – 1588. 4 Removed Citroen C5 Aircross 1.2 petrol Shine trim £495 AP Removed. Grand C4 Spacetourer one diesel old trim line removed Vauxhall 1 Diesel Vivaro Life removed Seat Taracco 2.0 petrol 189bhp 4 wheel drive in Xcellence trim Removed.

why do cars/vehicles get removed is it lack of interest or problem with supply..

#135831 Reply
    Southamman

Looking at the different VAG websites, there are no 190 BHP petrol currently being built

#135833 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Brands are simply offering less engines and fewer trim lines per model, replacing these with optional packs, streamlining production to maximise profit. In 2012 on the Scheme VW had 13.25 choices per model, today 6.33, BMW 14 per model, today 3.6.

A definite factor, but not the sole reason for the severe drops. I suspect we can all think of several models of cars that used to be on the scheme, are still built yet are no longer available through Motability.

#135835 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Looking at the different VAG websites, there are no 190 BHP petrol currently being built

They must have production problems, as with the move from Diesel back to petrol they will surely need to offer a bigger engine than 1.5 litres, especially as 4WD only seems to be mated to the 2.0 in models such as the Tiguan?

#135855 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@Southamman Quite right re 150bhp max for “ordinary” VAG offerings. They’ve even stopped doing the Polo GTi which is a great loss to the interesting supermini market. Shame.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,076 through 1,100 (of 1,287 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: