Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 1,280 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #134735 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

It seems a £3999 price cap for cars plus MPV’s, looks like a £10,000 Jeep’s are off the menu then.

Yes, a great shame for the many hundreds who were rushing to part with £20k (including £10k in sacrificed benefits) to lease the highly prestigious and top quality product that is a Jeep 😉

#134738 Reply
    jamesg

Has  there been a short circuit or  power  output !

#134739 Reply
    Southamman

Well, looks even more Motability don’t want us to drive EVs….

#134756 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

I wonder if it’s because of a pricing mistake? If so I wonder if anyone that’s ordered one will get their money back, surely they can’t be removing them from the scheme after only 5 days

#134759 Reply
    martinod

why do they removed cars  like that some are just on then off

#134761 Reply
    martinod

so removing phevs and electric cars is that them not going backwards

#134763 Reply
    Ian

Never known motability go forward. Only backwards.

#134767 Reply
    Ianfca

Wouldn’t it be great if motability would give us a daily update on vehicles leaving and joining the scheme. They could even give an explanation for the changes, we could at least then try to work out which direction the scheme is going. It’s so difficult to forward plan future vehicles when such large number of vehicles leave the system overnight with no warning.

#134768 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

This on the scheme off the scheme has become increasingly annoying. There was a rule introduced three years ago which said something along the line  if a car was on the scheme in q1 it should remain throughout the year. Not for a few days.

Current car VW Touran SEL

#134775 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

This on the scheme off the scheme has become increasingly annoying. There was a rule introduced three years ago which said something along the line if a car was on the scheme in q1 it should remain throughout the year. Not for a few days.

It is very annoying. The rule you mention was in reference to the price caps, so if a car that met the price cap criteria in Q1 was subject to a retail price increase later in the year that pushed it over, it would remain on the scheme until at least Q4. There seems to be very little rationale behind cars coming on and off the scheme, especially when they come off within days or weeks of first appearing!

#134780 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@Gloss Guy yep that sounds more like the rule I was trying to remember.</p>
    I had a call from local VW dealer yesterday. I would’ve been able to order next week. I asked about Tiguan Allspace been taken off the scheme. He did say it was due to it getting an update. Would be nice if Motability could give a simple reason like this for cars coming off the scheme then you could have a choice to wait for it to come back on or if unwilling to wait find an alternative.

Current car VW Touran SEL

#134792 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@Gloss Guy yep that sounds more like the rule I was trying to remember.</p> I had a call from local VW dealer yesterday. I would’ve been able to order next week. I asked about Tiguan Allspace been taken off the scheme. He did say it was due to it getting an update. Would be nice if Motability could give a simple reason like this for cars coming off the scheme then you could have a choice to wait for it to come back on or if unwilling to wait find an alternative.

It makes sense that the Allspace would have the same facelift as the regular Tiguan, but I read in a car magazine that VW was considering replacing the Allspace with a new SUV variant that has been released recently elsewhere in the world. I’m afraid that I can’t recall any details and it might be when the next all-new Tiguan is released, whereas the latest version is just a mid life facelift.

#134807 Reply
    jonw

We were tempted by an Allspace in Nov 20 but were informed that there was a 7 month waiting list, explanation was production in Brazil had been heavily impacted by Coronavirus.  Ordered the facelifted Tiguan.  VW manufacture/tracking system didn’t work but despite Brexit and lockdown in Germany it has arrived in the UK and will be ready for handover in early Feb.

#134808 Reply
    jonw

missus just corrected me – dealership said Mexico not Brazil

#134816 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>@Gloss Guy yep that sounds more like the rule I was trying to remember.</p> I had a call from local VW dealer yesterday. I would’ve been able to order next week. I asked about Tiguan Allspace been taken off the scheme. He did say it was due to it getting an update. Would be nice if Motability could give a simple reason like this for cars coming off the scheme then you could have a choice to wait for it to come back on or if unwilling to wait find an alternative.

It makes sense that the Allspace would have the same facelift as the regular Tiguan, but I read in a car magazine that VW was considering replacing the Allspace with a new SUV variant that has been released recently elsewhere in the world. I’m afraid that I can’t recall any details and it might be when the next all-new Tiguan is released, whereas the latest version is just a mid life facelift.

The initial rumour was that the Tiguan would be replaced by a simpler, less sophisticated version of a VW badged Seat Ateca, which is called the ‘Tao’ in the US. The next Tiguan, due in 2023, is expected to adopt a coupè-like appearance and become a style-led model. The Allspace would remain and become the Tiguan.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Aygo1991.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#134827 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thanks Aygo. That would be a strange move in the UK market, given that Seat is positioned as a budget brand here whereas VW is towards the top of the upper-mid segment. It would make sense however to combine the Tiguan and Allspace but as long as they have 5 and 7 seat options. We looked at the Allspace but discounted it as the rearmost seats (which we would never use) don’t fold flush into the floor, which made the boot space less practical than the standard Tiguan for my wife’s wheelchair. If they did an Allspace size body with 5 seats and a larger completely flat load area then I would be very interested in that.

#134828 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Wednesday 6th January 1552 vehicles on Scheme. 57 removed

Ford +34 (10 petrol & 24 Diesel)

42 Ford Focus added

4 Fiesta removed

4 Grand Tourneo Connect removed

Kia (-1)

1 petrol Ceed removed

Nissan (-4)

4 petrol Juke removed

Toyota (-47)

16 CHR removed (removal of old model)

31 Corolla removed

Vauxhall (-37) (15 petrol 22 Diesel)

1 Astra removed

15 Combo Life removed

3 Corsa removed

12 Crossland X removed

5 Grandland X removed

1 Vivaro Life removed

#134913 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Thursday 7th January 1568 vehicles on the Scheme. 16 added

Ford +10 (8 petrol 2 diesel)

Focus +4

Puma +6 Automatic version of the 1.0 litre 125 added from £895

Toyota +1

RAV4 +1

Skoda +4 (petrol)

Kamiq +4 1.0 litre petrol 110ps, Manual and Auto Suitable for under 25’s

Vauxhall +1 (petrol)

The new Crossland has been added which is a mid life change for the Crossland X, Vauxhall have decided to drop the X in an attempt to confuse everybody. The single variant added is a 1.2 petrol manual in Premium Nav trim for £49 AP

#134915 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@wmc these seem to be the lowest numbers of cars that have been available on the scheme for as long as I can remember.

#134949 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

elliot i agree which when you consider that is the number of individual cars not makes or models and if like me your restricted to auto matic that number immediately becomes 747 and when you then specify a high seating position suv/mpv it again falls to 336 its pretty scary when you think that 33 of those are seat arona ateca and tarracco,22 ford puma,torneo,kuga,galaxy,smax and 22 toyota. 2 models rav4 and chr.

#134951 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I would be interested to know what the maximum number of vehicles that were ever available  through Motability was and how that compares to now. As Mitch says, once you narrow down your search especially if, like us, you need a big car (for wheelchair etc), prefer an SUV (ease of access), need an automatic and, due to where you live, would prefer 4WD you have very little choice, even compared to much smaller leasing companies. As a very minimum, given that this is a scheme to aid disabled people, I would like to see every variant of every single car that is available in manual form on the scheme to be available in auto, even if that means a bigger engine (obviously with an AP that reflects the additional cost). Always seems contradictory to me that those with more severe disabilities who have no option but to have an auto are faced with far less choice.

#134954 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Do take into consideration that following the WLTP regulations a couple of years ago where every model variant had to be tested we have seen a vast reduction in the number of models per vehicle.

BMW now only have 18 vehicles on the Scheme MG 14 these are two of the most popular brands on the Scheme.

I will dig out some old numbers but off the top of my head I recall around 2700 pre WLTP.

#134955 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

I would be interested to know what the maximum number of vehicles that were ever available through Motability was and how that compares to now. As Mitch says, once you narrow down your search especially if, like us, you need a big car (for wheelchair etc), prefer an SUV (ease of access), need an automatic and, due to where you live, would prefer 4WD you have very little choice, even compared to much smaller leasing companies. As a very minimum, given that this is a scheme to aid disabled people, I would like to see every variant of every single car that is available in manual form on the scheme to be available in auto, even if that means a bigger engine (obviously with an AP that reflects the additional cost). Always seems contradictory to me that those with more severe disabilities who have no option but to have an auto are faced with far less choice.

Glos Guy,

I have taken the following ‘snapshot’ from the Motability Quarterly Price guide dated Jan to March 2008:

So, back then there were in excess of 3000 cars available on the scheme. I believe the WAV’s were listed as extra to this as well.

That is the highest total I can find mentioned in the pdf’s of the Quarterly Price Guides I have from kept from back in the ‘noughties’. If I could find a way to post up some of the old quarterly price guides (for comparison with nowadays) I would.

#134971 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

If I could find a way to post up some of the old quarterly price guides (for comparison with nowadays) I would.

Anything you want to post @bigDave email it to me and I can host it, send you a www address and you can post it at your leisure.

I have every price for the last few years on file. We should open a thread about the old prices, people will be shocked at some of the old prices, time has a way of healing.

#134977 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

If I could find a way to post up some of the old quarterly price guides (for comparison with nowadays) I would.

Anything you want to post @bigDave email it to me and I can host it, send you a www address and you can post it at your leisure. I have every price for the last few years on file. We should open a thread about the old prices, people will be shocked at some of the old prices, time has a way of healing.

WMC,

No problem,

I will e-mail you a few over.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,051 through 1,075 (of 1,280 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: