Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

This topic contains 222 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 3 hours, 45 minutes ago.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 222 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #106726 Reply

Rhodgie

Just noticed the Peugeot e2008 is now on the scheme… 5 off them starting at £1,799 up to £2,599

Wonder how long they’ll last before removed…. 2 weeks, 4 weeks, Q2 🤔

#106728 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

I’ve been to see the e-2008 twice now, so it’s bound to be removed before I can order one in April.

#106804 Reply

Briggsy
    Participant

Interesting discussion but if someone could just clarify for me, who gets the advance payment and are they set in stone?

It does seem weird that a huge customer base that MO clearly has can’t brow beat the manufacturers down given their spending power?

As I say interesting discussion.

#106818 Reply

jamesg

17/2/2020    cars  on  scheme        1978       no  change.

#106819 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

@briggsy, it’s a question I’ve asked myself but never had a firm answer. I do know that it is the dealers who advertise AP reductions or cancel AP’s for a fixed period so it is with the dealers who I’d negotiate.

@matt, the website I used (National Vehicle Solutions) only published up to 10k miles for the deal. Above this is for discussion with the lease company. I added this as for many 10k would be enough. Increasing to 20k, I would expect to be adding  ~£800. Many companies have an excess mileage cost of ~8p per mile so a fixed cost should be less.
    To be fair, I did make the point regarding variables and also made the point about convenience of Motability.

I used myself as an example for the insurance and granted, I did not get a quote for the A4. However, I was insuring an XF Portfolio for £300, albeit two years old but used this as the estimate. I live in a rural area.

Likewise, the main dealer service for the XF was ~£170. For the first two, it did not need anything other than oil. Taking BMW as another example, their first service is 24 months unless excessive mileage is done. My X1 only had its first service after its second birthday. I suspect that at a cost of £600 for your GLC, it is covering more that oil.

As you may read in other posts, I regularly state how grateful I am to Motability and will probably renew on the scheme. However, it is in my nature to shop around as I like to feel I’m getting value for money.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#106821 Reply

jamesg

Just  look  up  Lease  Loco   I  was  surprised.

#106830 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I’ll check them out James. 👍

It’s nice to shop. 😂

#106843 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

£600 per service, yikes! The last service I had done on the o/h DS4 only cost £145 and that’s only 2 years old, just goes to show how much you pay for the extra “badge” appeal, I’ll stick to the real world thanks. Also my last insurance was £309 for the year for a 3 year old car (never paid more than £350 in 20 years) and I live 2 minutes from the city centre.

#106845 Reply

Landyman

Just had a look at lease loco James, that is a bit of a eye opener, definitely going to have a rethink, thanks for posting it.

#106878 Reply

jamesg

Yes  Motability   need  to  get there  act  together ???

#106965 Reply

jamesg

18/2/2020     cars  on  scheme     1995     Mercedes   13  on   models     A  Class   7  on   CLA   6   on.//// Seat  4 on  models  Arona   2   on    Ibiza  2   on.////

#106996 Reply

JS

I think the Arona offers great value for money.

#106997 Reply

roly
    Participant

Hi Jamesg,

I’m just wondering what the source of the on/off information is? Is there an API or other feed direct from Motability?

#107000 Reply

JS

A lot of work on JamesG part, taking the overall numbers direct from the Motability Car Search page, then sorting which manufacturers then narrowing it down to the individual make,

as always, thank you JamesG for your continued time and support to the Forum.

#107006 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Been to see the MG ZS EV, dealer reckons that with delivery times already at 5 months & increasing that it won’t be on the scheme for long.

#107026 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Yes, thank you James, you do a fantastic job

#107050 Reply

jamesg

19/2/2020    cars  on  scheme     1995     no  change.

#107129 Reply

jamesg

20/2/2020     cars  on scheme      1985      Audi   12   off   models    A3   10  off    A4   2  0ff //// Nissan  2  on   model   X- Trail ////

#107132 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Woah, that’s not a good cull. ☹️

#107137 Reply

jamesg

Off  on.   There can  be  no  communication  between  back  office  staff at  motability.   (complete  shambles )

#107143 Reply

Bird

To me personally it looks like a new back-end IT system gone wrong. Initial issues with adding vehicles at all earlier in January with the problems now

#107144 Reply

Landyman

Unbelievable…..

#107151 Reply

Footloose

Hi everyone,

ive called Motability this morning as this is beyond the joke!Ive asked for a response from the top as it’s not fair that the callers take the brunt whilst those at the top haven’t replied or commented on the fact the schemes administration and the way it is currently being run is at it it’s worst since I joined twenty years ago..I’ll let you all know how I get on but I’ve requested a call from atleast a manager rather than a draft email 👍

#107160 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Good luck Footloose.

I wonder what would happen if you went into a dealer and based a decision on their published quarterly list that was completely out of sync with Motability’s?
    I think I know the answer in that the dealer may go along with the sales right up until an order is attempted to be made!

Are the dealers aware of the daily changes? It must be frustrating for them as well.

#107171 Reply

Lord Muc

Wayne, when I was looking 3 years ago the audi a3 black edition came on for day or two. I was in an audi dealers at the time of notification from this site, the salesman was confused, as his system showed it wasn’t, he rang motobility and they confirmed it was, but even then he was still not convinced. But he said we could order as long it had a motobility reference no, on the motobility website, as it happened, we didn’t order. This also happened in a mazda dealer, over a model. and the guy said no, it wasn’t on the scheme, but the website said it was, I guess if they don’t check the motobility emails or whatever, that day, they are none the wiser.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 222 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: