Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

• This topic has 652 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 minutes ago by jamesg.
Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 652 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #121239 Reply
    jamesg

5/8/2020      cars  on  scheme     1880     no  change.

#121299 Reply
    Stephen

Honda E has just appeared

#121313 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Excellent spot Stephen. This will please quite a few here. 👏👏👍👍

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#121326 Reply
    jamesg

6/8/2020    cars  on  scheme     1886    Renault  2  off  model   Koleos ////Toyota  8  on  model  Aygo ////  Honda  2  off  model  HRV ////  Honda  2  on   model  Honda-E  ////

#121402 Reply
    jamesg

7/8/2020     cars  on  scheme    1881    Volkswagon   1  on  model   Golf  ////  Seat   6   off   models   Tarraco  2  off   Arona   2   off   Ateca   2   off  ///

#121413 Reply
    DaveW

What model is the extra Golf?

#121416 Reply
    jamesg

DaveW   Hi   1.0  Tsi  Life  5  door  manual  petrol  with  an  AP  OF  zero .

#121423 Reply
    DaveW

Thank you

#121446 Reply
    jamesg

8/8/2020    cars  on  scheme     1871     Honda  8  off   model   Civic ////  Toyota   2  off   model  Prius-Plus ////

#121482 Reply
    jamesg

9/8/2020     cars  on  scheme    1871   no  change   Yet!

#121548 Reply
    jamesg

10/8/2020    cars  on  scheme    1871     no  change.

#121599 Reply
    jamesg

11/8/2020     cars  on  scheme     1871    no  change.

#121647 Reply
    jamesg

12/8/2020     cars  on  scheme     1871     no  change.

#121721 Reply
    jamesg

13/8/2020     cars  on  scheme     1864      Suzuki   1  off  model   Ignis ////  Volkswagon   6  off  model  Tiguan.

#121722 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

James, as we all know, cars usually come of the scheme, then back on with a higher AP. Let’s hope the reverse is the case with the Tiguan. At one point every second thread on the forum was about the Tiguan, now it rarely gets a mention. This is almost certainly due to the huge increase in the AP.

So hopefully this time we see a reduction in the AP as it is a very good car but, on the forum, has been replaced by the Volvo xc40.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#121728 Reply
    jamesg

Sorry  Brydo   as  i  see it  Ap,s  is only  going  one  way  and  that is  up.  As  you  no  the Forum has always got  it,s  favourite  car  was  the  Tiguan  now  the  Volvo .  If  climate  change  is  upon  us i would  go  for  Jeep  Compass  Trailhawk.  In the here and now  i have  got  a two  month old  Audi  A1  with   162  miles  on clock .

#121743 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Wow. That’s a shame.
    On the plus side, there’s still 10 showing as available.

If the Tiguan had been a lower AP when I ordered, I’d almost certainly have gone for one.
    And the Jeep Compass Trailhawk was actually another consideration but oof, that AP!

#121755 Reply
    Shaine

Tiguan face-lift is incoming, expect an increase in price along with it.

#121760 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Oof. A good increase could send the ‘R’ towards the £5K mark.
    I’d have thought perhaps they’ll take it off completely for a while until the new car smell wears off the new model.

#121767 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

We looked at The VW Tiguan and when I mean look it was just that, the salesman was so less than interested, no demonstrator to look at only allowed a quick view of a 2 year old sold car.

Wife did not like the interior, maybe a fresh new car she would have felt different, the salesman told us he would phone when they have a demonstrator, he never phoned.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#121768 Reply
    Landyman

What I really struggle to understand is that manufacturers are spending millions on UK TV advertising for really good deals, low or 0 percent payments, pay the deposit or both but seem to be ignoring motability one of the biggest leasing companies.

#121773 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

What I really struggle to understand is that manufacturers are spending millions on UK TV advertising for really good deals, low or 0 percent payments, pay the deposit or both but seem to be ignoring motability one of the biggest leasing companies.

I am under the impression the dealerships make more money on the finance than the actual car itself. I would imagine Motability only pays a flat fee ?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#121776 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

It is probable that both manufacturers and dealers know there will be ongoing Motability sales no matter what, but in these times of economic uncertainty they are trying to capture discretionary customers by trying to tempt them into the showrooms with enticing offers.

The low interest rates offered are indicative of the prevailing BOE interest rates and are again being used to tempt discretionary purchasers who in normal times may not buy a brand-new car.

Plus, it gets cash flow into the dealerships from private customers paying non-refundable deposits. The fact they may have to wait months for their new cars is secondary to maintaining cash flow in a market sector recently starved of it for quite a few months but still had bills to pay.

Simple economics in a recession basically.

#121784 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I know for a fact that the Government are concerned about the amount of profit Motability are making. I have it in black and white too, so this isn’t speculation.

#121824 Reply
    jamesg

14/8/2020     cars  on  scheme     1960     Ford   104   on   models  Fiesta   36  on  Focus   66  on   Puma  2  on ////  Peugeot   2  off  models   3008  1  off   5008   1  off //// V0lkswagon    6  off   models   Sharan   2  off   Touran   4   off ////

Viewing 25 replies - 476 through 500 (of 652 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: