Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 764 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #106199 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

11/2/2020 cars on scheme 1960 Audi 17 off models A1 6 off A3 7 off Q 2 2 off A4 2 off now ZERO //// Seat 6 off model Alhambra now ZERO //// Vauxhall 4 on model Grandland X////

Cars coming off the scheme all from the VW family, I wonder how long it will be before the Tiguan is off?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#106200 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

The big problem is people book test drives on vehicles and before they have tried the vehicle it gets removed. Motability should be making sure vehicles are on the scheme for the whole quarter, however I just think they don’t care about their customers.

#106254 Reply
    Footloose

With regards to Elliots post..I’ve asked Motability why vehicles can’t remain on the scheme for the quarter they are added and why as customers we are let down by suitable vehicles being added then removed in a short space of time and that is the reason why so much time and effort is spent each day searching for vehicles that you hope remain only to find they are no longer there!

#106267 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Did you get an answer Footloose?

#106281 Reply
    Footloose

I’ve only sent it today so hopefully get a reply soon and will let you know 👍

#106301 Reply
    martino

i dont think youll get a direct answer you just get excuses

#106304 Reply
    Rhodgie

Hope you get a reply and the end  of this ridiculous on/off situation, it’s becoming a lottery to try and get a suitable car

#106312 Reply
    jamesg

12/2/2020      cars  on  scheme     1944     Kia   16  off   model    Picanto    now  ZERO ////

#106315 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I cannot understand what is going on, I can now understand why when we visit the dealership the sales staff are less than interest and the demonstrator is not available  at the moment. I am finding myself in a very strange position, I can order my next car in the next few weeks or do I wait until the new next quarter 1st April.

Here lies the problem, will the cars on my short list still be there in the next few weeks, will they be there in the next quarter, I feel I am being rushed into making a discussion due the mass culling of vehicles on the Motability scheme.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#106326 Reply
    turbocatt

hi jamesg

did you get your order in for the audi a1 35 before it was taken off the scheme.

is the cod still fitted to the 35 engine,no information in hand book on cod,and

no display to indicate in cod mode

turbcatt

#106334 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Oscarmax I feel the same way, under pressure. Test drove the Tiguan yesterday, liked it but didn’t love it. Feel I need to decide quickly as cars come off the scheme as quickly as they come on it.
    Cant see me getting a petrol and with no BEV SUVs on the scheme, diesel is my engine of choice. The choice of diesel is reducing on a monthly basis.

So what do I do, looks like the Tiguan but when you think of it when was the last time you bought something that wasn’t top of your list?

The joys of the motability scheme.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#106342 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Brydo we looked at the VW Tiguan, compared to the Ford Kuga the large plastic dashboard made it is seemed to be a little claustrophobic plus the seating position the flooring seems a bit high and the seats nowhere near as comfortable as  very basic Kuga Zetec.

For us it the Outlander PHEV it tick all the boxes for us, we had a long chat with Motability salesman who informed us the majority of the Outlanders PHEV sales tend to higher specification, the lower specification models like the Design not so. All Outlander PHEV are UK stock with a lead time of 3 or 4 weeks.

With all Mitsubishi promotion and discounts on offer at the moment I can see the stock depleting quickly.

#106349 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@Brydo

Are you not considering a PHEV or even a lowly 48v hybrid? I thought any type of electrification would be your preference? The Ford Kuga PHEV will be along soon if the Outlander does not float your boat.

#106387 Reply
    jamesg

Hi  turbocatt   dont think  it has  cod  no  test  drive ?    Will   cod  be  compatible  with  launch   control ?

#106389 Reply
    turbocatt

hi jamesg

spoke to dealer,he says the 2019/20 tfsi 35 engine does have cod.

if it does it does not display on information screen has previous models did.

anyone else any news on this.

did you get your order in for the A1 35 before it dissapeard jamesg.

turbocatt

#106404 Reply
    jamesg

Yes  order  in   expected   change over  first  week in April.

#106428 Reply
    jamesg

13/2/2020    cars  on  scheme        1944     no  change     Yet!

#106484 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Still no answer Footloose?

#106487 Reply
    Footloose

Hi all,received a response from Motability regarding ehicles bein added and then removed after a short period within a new quarter and the reply states”it is due to particular models being taken out of production “so take from that what you will but it is ridiculous that just as we have researched and looked forward to viewing/test drive a suitable vehicle it gets removed and as for a manufacture issue I don’t believe that is something a non Motability customer would have to face and whilst I appreciate the Tiguan is an excellent vehicle it would be great to be able to discuss other quality vehicles that some may be considering only to find it removed soon after being added to the scheme!

#106491 Reply
    Rhodgie

Well they’re lying about models being taken out of production because several times we’ve seen models being removed for a few days then coming back at a higher price… eg is the electric Corsa & the Zoe

#106499 Reply
    Noel

The Merc CLA is another added back with an extra grand added, would have got one otherwise.

It’s pure greed by manufacturers and probably nothing to do with Motability as they can only sell what the manufacturers make available.

#106548 Reply
    jamesg

14/2/2020       cars  on  scheme       1946       MG   2  on    model    ZS     Electric.

#106550 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Footloose, Thank you for taking the time to engage Motability on this. Sadly though, the response given to you is as expected in that it is as woolly as a Merino sheep. (Yes I looked that up!🤣).

I guess that they <i>really</i> have no idea of the stress this causes. This added to erratic AP changes makes the whole process unpleasant. In my case, the car I ordered dropped by £1,500. ☹️
    I’m due to change in Q3 and, as I always say, whilst I’m eternally grateful to Motability for taking the stress of my mobility away, the whole process is already causing me sleepless nights. I’m not very lucky and expect to feel ripped off in all cases but to invest £thousands in a vehicle to then read the price is halved, or as in the recent case of BMW, cars offered for £0 AP, it actually makes me feel really sick.

I’m actually considering extending my term in the hope that a good deal will appear. I’m also considering dropping out of the scheme after only one car and buying second hand but adding good AA breakdown/repair cover.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#106563 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Worth having a look at the MG ZS Electric to see if it suits.

Decent size.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#106565 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@brydo

Be quick, the Budget is soon and the grant looks like it will be removed.

I would be interested in your views on the costing: motability v purchase on the MG and as to the projected depreciation.
    The Chinese are coming to save the Scheme!

(Can you open a new thread please)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 764 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on the Motability Scheme today
Your information: