Car numbers on scheme today: Archive 22/11/2019 – 4/2/2020

• Creator
    Topic
  • #65960 Reply
    jamesg

2054 cars on scheme Dacia have put on 21      22\ 11\ 2018

Viewing 25 replies - 951 through 975 (of 998 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103874 Reply
    STAV

Think I’ve found 1 of the missing 2 ,Seat Tarraco 2.0l Excellence Lux auto. £3,249 .Nice but yikes

#103876 Reply
    L600MAT

Motability have now confirmed the Transporter Shuttle is on the website and I will be placing my order sometime next week.

#103879 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Motability can confirm that which mobility have informed them that the Transporter Shuttle is now on the motability scheme lol you couldn’t make that up.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#103886 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Motability have now confirmed the Transporter Shuttle is on the website and I will be placing my order sometime next week.

Excellent – Are you tempted by the two tone paint? I think it looks amazing, if only it was not such a massive extra cost. I have a T5.1.

#103887 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Think I’ve found 1 of the missing 2 ,Seat Tarraco 2.0l Excellence Lux auto. £3,249 .Nice but yikes

Excellent Stav, one to go!

#103888 Reply
    jamesg

23/1/2020     cars  on  scheme    1950      Nissan   2  on   model   Qashqai .

#103889 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Jamesg – Superstar! I will be on top of it tomorrow I promise.

#103891 Reply
    L600MAT

WMC – I am sadly most likely to pick Indium Gray. 

What’s the mpg like on yours? We currently have a BMW 2 Series 220D xDrive which does 40mpg.

My brother had a T6 Combi 200hp DSG and he said the mpg was mid twenties.

#103897 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

T5.1 DSG 140 here, Around 30mpg, 20 when towing a caravan. It hurts, but any alternative vehicle that will fit the family will incur the same running costs, or more if you look at the Hyundai i800 costs.

#103898 Reply
    L600MAT

I should probably expect similar mpg then. Isn’t the i800 a 2.5? 

#103900 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I800 is a 2.5, but it’s a stinker on fuel.

#103928 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Armed, Loaded and Cocked – Bring it on – all files up to date.

#103977 Reply
    jamesg

24/1/2020      cars  on scheme     1949    Mercedes   1  on   model   GLA  ////  Mitsubishi    1  off    model   Mirage  ////  Vauxhall   1  off  model  Crossland  X  ////

#104066 Reply
    jamesg

25/1/2020    cars  on  scheme   1949    no   change

#104162 Reply
    jamesg

26/1/2020     cars  on  scheme      1949     no  change

#104223 Reply
    jamesg

27/1/2020     cars  on  scheme       1949    no   change.

#104230 Reply
    Jeff Schofield

For some strange reason I now check this out everyday 😳haha

#104243 Reply
    Ian

Am I mistaken or did someone say a few weeks ago 100 to be added by the month end? Seems unlikely.

#104247 Reply
    blueclouduk
    Participant

Q1 of every year sees a cull, although this year has been particularly bad.

The net reduction from Q4 2019 is still over 200.

Adding 200 cars in a month would be unprecedented.

Personally, I think the problem is that all of the manufacturers are falling over themselves to add hybrids to their existing ranges.  The 48V systems seem to be very popular but it will still take time to filter down to Motability level.

There’s a lot of contradiction taking place in the media that isn’t helping.  Petrol and diesels will, allegedly disappearing.  No they won’t.  Petrol and diesels will just have 48V micro-hybrids installed.

The hybrids bring a secondary problem.  Engine size reduction.  In order to install a simple, under-the-bonnet system, internal combustion engines will be smaller and have to work harder to keep the hybrid batteries charged.

Most recently, the press have also started having a go at diesel cars (again) over the ineffectiveness of particulate filters and asking why petrol engines shouldn’t also be fitted with similar systems.  Also, the press have found a study that the next major hazard to the environment is brake dust from vehicles.

Advance payments have been creeping up and up over the last couple of years, some by ridiculous amounts.  The Citroen Berlingo and Peugeot Partner (now Rifter) automatics had APs of just £495 and £499 and a couple of years ago, now both are now well over £1000.

The Audi A4 is only on the scheme as there is probably a lot of RHD stock to get of.  (Brexit effect anyone)  On top of that 150BHP from a modern 2.0 petrol is a joke.

If anyone is due to change cars this quarter, be brave and wait.  Call Motability and tell them you’re struggling to find the extra money for an advance payment.  Particularly if you have a larger car.  I’ve done it more than once.

My current lease is up in September this year so I’m quite fortunate.  I will get my letter in June.  I’ll be able to order a car on 30th June and, if necessary, cancel it on 1st July in the event that something spectacular happens to the AP.  Last time I saved over £1000 on the AP by not cancelling but still had the reassurance that it was possible.

The only other thing we can “hope” for is another Daily Mail exposé and Motability are forced to reign in the APs.  It’s not that long ago that the maximum AP was £2000 for a manual and £2500 for an auto.  The number of cars on the scheme reduced but not by much.  It was the manufacturers that were forced to reconsider their pricing structure.  The last thing we want again is a repeat of when APs could reach just shy of £20,000 – yes, twenty thousand pounds – for a car.

#104253 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Some wise words blueclouduk.
    If the media were to be believed, 15 years ago we’d have all ditched petrol for diesel, then 5 years ago to now we’d have all ditched diesel. We’d be walking everywhere. Manufacturers response to the fossil fuel crisis was to throw low CC petrol engines into large cars, turbo charge them and claim this was the answer. It wasn’t. Squeezing 180bhp+ out of a 1.4 engine, whilst possible (F1 uses 1.6L turbo’d and in the 80’s, used similar), longevity isn’t their strong point or their fuel efficiency. Even with the gains in micron accuracy with regards to manufacturing, the stresses on these small CC engines is phenomenal. How they will actually last will be proven in the near future as they all near 100k miles.
    All fossil fuel engines from here on in are a giant sticking plaster until EV’s rule the roads.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#104324 Reply
    jamesg

28/1/2020     cars   on   scheme     1949      no   change.

#104458 Reply
    jamesg

29/1/2020      cars  on   scheme      1952     Suzuki    3    on    models   S-Cross   1  on    Swift    2   on.

#104559 Reply
    Yaser Alsokary

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Going to be interesting to which models came off today! 9 removed. Eagerly waiting for Jamesg to post!</p>

#104561 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

My guess some of them will be the ford Kuga?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#104563 Reply
    jamesg

30/1/2020      cars  on   scheme       1943     Toyota    9   off    model   Proace    Verso.

Viewing 25 replies - 951 through 975 (of 998 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on scheme today: Archive 22/11/2019 – 4/2/2020
Your information: