Car numbers on scheme today

This topic contains 38 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jamesg 17 hours, 12 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #65960 Reply

jamesg

2054 cars on scheme Dacia have put on 21      22\ 11\ 2018

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #65963 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

And all the Dacia cars are manuals. Odd decision by them for Motability customers.

#65968 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Why would anyone use Mobility allowance for a Dacia vehicle, these are budget end remanufactured old designs. For the same AP or less you could get a better mobility car, at the bottom end they are against Honda and Toyota and higher up they are against some very stiff and to add insult they are all manual.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#65971 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

I personally don’t like them. Merely commenting on how odd it is that they are all manual, when many Motability customers need auto.

#65975 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Huh, 21 “new” 15 year old Renaults in new frocks, I can buy one of those for 200 quid at the local auction, why would I want to pay between £9,ooo and £11,000 over 3 years instead? Oh and no automatics as well, just shows what the car industry thinks of disabled people!

I was going to rant on and on but I can’t be bothered any more, just another tick on my list for not renewing next time.

#65982 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

Vinalspin

Do Renault keep tarting up old designs then? I didn’t know.

#65985 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Dacia are basically old renaults.

#65987 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

Thanks. I didn’t know that.

#65992 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

In 2008 we brought a 6months old Toyota Aygo Platinum in 10 years besides servicing the only extra cost a set disc and pads. It has been trouble free now the daughter is going to have it group 1 insurance and £20 road tax, it now worth only £1000 even though it looks like the day we brought it,like vinalspin why spend  £9000 – 11000 on a recycled Renault.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#66001 Reply

Tony D

Given the effective VAT-free ‘trade’ prices of Dacia’s, I reckon Motability should make a nice profit.

(That is, if anyone wants one.)

#66039 Reply

jamesg

23/11/2018    2075  cars on scheme Peugeot  12 cars on   Kia 9 cars on

#66042 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Tony Dacia  have very poor resale value, there will be no profit.

#66043 Reply

Robert

Highest Dacia AP £2999.

For that you can get a Volvo XC40, various Mercedes, BMW’s, VW’s with quite a few for much less.

Obviously there are other marques, that are the same AP or cheaper, I just mentioned those which are perceived to be premium brands.

There is also the NCAP safety rating which is as low as 3 stars on some models (last time I looked)

Basically, don’t buy a Dacia.

#66053 Reply

Tony D

Good point.
    Hence the high AP.

#66065 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Mini have updated the prices on mini and countryman (still waiting on clubman) as their trimlines have changed to classic, sport and exclusive.

#66145 Reply

jamesg

24/11/2018  2073 cars on scheme  Ford 2 off  Peugeot  3 off  and Ssangyong  3 on

#66375 Reply

jamesg

28/11/2018      2072 cars on scheme  Vauxhall  1 off

#66376 Reply

Finsoop

Over 2000. Is good

#66384 Reply

jamesg

Hi Finsoop  by mid January in my personal opinion the numbers will rise to 2200    – 2300 which will be good i expect a number of new cars to the scheme and a number  of old favourites making a reaperance

#66433 Reply

jamesg

29/11/2018     cars on scheme  2079    nissan 1 on  Toyota 4 on   Vauxhall  1 on fiat  1 on

#66434 Reply

catturbo

hi jamesg

don’t know how you get to know what cars are coming on the scheme,or leaving the scheme

but you are doing a great job.saves all of us who are ready to change looking up all

makes and models every day.

catturbo

#66435 Reply

jamesg

Hi catturbo   thanks for the post  hope everybody gets  a car that suits there needs my self i change March 2020 if i cant afford aps i will probably get a 2year extention  i dont want my car to be turned into a garden orniment while saving for AP for new car although its colour is Valencia Orange and adds a bit of colour to the garden

#66459 Reply

jamesg

30/11/2018   car numbers on scheme  2104        Mini have put on 25

#66460 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

What I find interesting the AP of the PHEV has not gone up despite the removal the £2500 grant? are Mini subsidising as Mitsubishi mobility till the end of the year?

#66461 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Mini Clubman back on (with new trim lines) as is the Prius plus which is a 7 seat hybrid (not plugin) based on the old Prius and does look dated now but quite good value at £995 for Icon or £1195 AP in Excel.

#66469 Reply

Ben Stewart

The Prius + is a brilliant car, I looked at one a number of times earlier in the year when we thought there was still hope of my daughter regaining her walking ability prior to diagnosis completely ruling it out.

Little small on the back 2 as all 5+2s are but a nice economical estate with occasional seats if you rarely need them.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
Reply To: Car numbers on scheme today

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: