Car Music Play List

• Creator
    Topic
  • #43862 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

What are us “Mobies” listening too in our cars as we tootle around ?

Motability
    Grand C-Max 2.0 tdci zetec
    Kuga 2.0 tdci zetec
    Kuga 1.5 eco 176ps awd auto titanium x

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #43614 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

Help me create a WMCF playlist….you can only pick 1 song…. go……

Mine is Mr Brightside by The Killers

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#43619 Reply
    lightbodyae55
    Participant

Hi Trev

Anything from Status Quo would do me, however you only want one so i would go for Down Down, but I do like SQ playing loud when i am driving long distance!

lightbodyae55

#43621 Reply
    Garys

A night on bare mountain ( commonly known as a night in bare mountain) played as loud as you can comfortably handle – preferably by a big orchestra to get max effect while on a quiet fast road at night

#43778 Reply
    Trev
    Participant

oi oi, looks like we’re back in business. Thanks wmcforum, or is it your alter ego wmcopenarms? lol

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#43797 Reply
    POPS

Three of my four sons play guitar. Two have played in bands and my youngest son’s band was offered a contract by a subsidiary of EMI.

One of my daughter in laws and my youngest son’s partner are both brilliant singers. (they have done London stage musicals) My youngest son’s partner does occasional wedding singing at the moment, but she is now rehearsing with a girl band and they’re doing an O2 gig soon.

Another of my sons does a brilliant Johnny Cash set, and I love doing Jim Reeves, Hank Williams and Perry Como …. Our weekly Karaoke parties are quite something!

I have a USB (64gb) in the car with 6000+ tunes on it).

#43803 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

Wait and Bleed or maybe Duality….Slipknot.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#43865 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

I have always had since year dot :

Joy Division
    New Order
    Pink Floyd
    Talking Heads

Recently the scottish electropop outfit “Churches” and my daughter has intoduced me to “Imagine Dragons”

Motability
    Kuga 2.0 tdci zetec

#43906 Reply
    Moody
    Participant

Comforably Numb – Pink Floyd

Motability
    Kuga 2.0 tdci zetec

#43973 Reply
    Landyman

Gimme Shelter from the Stones or  anything from Hawkwind.

#44034 Reply
    Meowsters
    Participant

Ozric Tentacles

Nothing More

Random Spotify stuff

#44036 Reply
    Kam

Lol. I guess it’s age related. I have various playlists set up on spotify (r&b, chilled, dance, Asian etc), then I have a favourites folder which takes all my favourites from these (pointless I know) and use this.

I can’t wait until I have apple play and have the proper spotify screen in my car

#96853 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

National Express song

#96883 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

OMD for me been going 40 years love their songs from messages in 79 to don’t go in 2019

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#97093 Reply
    joss

Currently my fav artist for in car is The fabulous Teddy Swims.

I have over 7 gigs worth of music on my flash drive for in car so much eclectic stuff.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#97226 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Three of my four sons play guitar. Two have played in bands and my youngest son’s band was offered a contract by a subsidiary of EMI. One of my daughter in laws and my youngest son’s partner are both brilliant singers. (they have done London stage musicals) My youngest son’s partner does occasional wedding singing at the moment, but she is now rehearsing with a girl band and they’re doing an O2 gig soon. Another of my sons does a brilliant Johnny Cash set, and I love doing Jim Reeves, Hank Williams and Perry Como …. Our weekly Karaoke parties are quite something! I have a USB (64gb) in the car with 6000+ tunes on it).

I have Around 160 tunes stored / downloaded on to my old IPhone 5s which has been replaced by a 6s , and I connect this to various speakers at home, the TV, and the Tiguan, and the artists include Carlos Santana , Mark Knopfler , John Williams , the Shadows, Lynryd Skynrid the Eagles, America, Chicago, Fleetwood Mac, The Mavericks, the DixieChicks, loads of Beach Boys stuff, Supertramp, the Turtles, Lonestar, Status Quo, the Moody Blues, quite a wide variety.

Pops, like your sons, I was a bit of a guitar buff for a while, and I bought my first solid electric guitar , in 1962, yes ‘1962’ , In fact, I started saving when I was about 12, I guess, and when I had saved up enough pennies etc (in Tom Thumb and Harlequin cigar tins) for the deposit on a guitar, I bought a new imported guitar from the USA , a Fender Stratocaster in a sunburst colour , which I had played the year before over in California , it cost a fortune but my Dad helped with half of the weekly payments , and I played it regularly, until I left school, and then I sold it at a giveaway price.

I did practice occasionally with a couple of guys from South Wales , who eventually bent me and shaped me in fact any way they wanted -if paradise was only half as nice in those days as it is now eh?- but I was never in a group, however as a teenager I stood in with some unknown local groups from time to time, playing rhythm guitar, at the local dances Etc!

I also had both a six and a twelve string acoustic guitar which I kept until long after I was married , and I also had a Squire electric in orange for quite a while!

Then many many years later I bought a new Strat plus in Sonic light blue, with a maple fretboard, which I used with my Fender practice amp, but other things got in the way ( Parkinsons Disease ) and I stored it away, after about 30 hours use only, and eventually sold it in 2013 at 5 years old,for way over twice as much as I had paid for it.

Now I have a Tanglewood acoustic, with an electric pickup ( as I still have the practice amp ) and I fiddle about with it occasionally, like today after reading your post!

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#97230 Reply
    POPS

Happy days Mike 700. Music makes a big difference and I remember Amen Corner from Cardiff, so much love for all you musicians and long may you keep playing.

I really like your choice of music.

#97324 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Thanks Pops,

SIX STRINGS.

When I was just a teenage lad
    Back home In Wales with my Mam and Dad
    I dreamed and dreamed of many things
    But mostly i dreamed about six strings

So I went & bought me a Stratocaster
    Which almost became a blinking disaster
    The cost was oh ever so much
    My Dad said WTF ‘? We’ll have to ‘go Dutch’

But l practised so hard on my posh new .shiny guitar
    Hoping one day i’d become a big star
    Well one Thomas Jones I did once follow
    He used to come to the local club, in some sleepy hollow

Of course He wasn’t really famous in those days
    And smoked even while singing, what silly ways
    Yeah and my gang and I each smoked a pipe
    Didn’t like it at all – don’t believe all the hype

Then I gave it all up for a different thing
    and anyway I freely admit that I couldn’t sing
    many years and more went by
    With travels far up in the sky

Then one day I saw another shiny Fender
    The wife said what? ” you been on a bender ”
    I could have a new lounge carpet for that sort of price
    But after all the arguing she lost on a throw of the dice

My Strat Plus guitar was still looking like new
    Shining in a lovely bright “Sonic Blue ”
    ’cause our friend Parky came on me to call
    And now I can hardly play it at all

But never mind eh. it’s was worth quite a bit they did say
    So I thought I would sell it on the local fleaBay
    But a valuer instead called from the Street named Denmark
    And they sold it for more then I had paid – oh what a lark

So all was not lost it went to a good home
    And anyway it was the inspiration for this feeble old poem
    So the moral here folks is that yes, Disability can sometimes be tough
    But There can be some smooth with that little bit of rough

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#97329 Reply
    POPS

Fender strat plus in sonic blue ….. mmmmmm! I bet you were sad to part with it.

We’ve got a music and karaoke party at home tomorrow night so the guitars will probably get an airing.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Car Music Play List
Your information: