Car mats

• This topic has 19 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Not_Even.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #174823 Reply
    X

Will my new Motability car come with car mats as standard?

X

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174825 Reply
    JohntheLeg
    Participant

I doubt it.  The only car I have had was my Seat Alhambra 3 and a half years ago.  You maybe lucky if your dealer is feeling kind.

#174831 Reply
    FiestaRed

Toyota’s come with fitted car mats, not the thickest though. Similar quality mats for previous Astras cost me in the region of £70.

#174832 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

BMW and Volvo do. I think our previous Nissan did. Hyundai didn’t. If you can’t persuade the dealer to throw them in, go eBay.

#174833 Reply
    Edward Akerman

You should do as i do, i always ask them for mats and a full tank of fuel if they want my custom, never been refused yet and i have been having cars since 1985.

#174835 Reply
    Russ

My VW came with mats.

#174837 Reply
    Xz130
    Participant

;TLDR Got mats eventually on day of pick up after a small back and forth with the manager.

I mentioned mats being included with my current car and got the dealer to agree to it in front of his boss who was watching the deal. When I went to pick up the car it had been forgotten about and I said I wouldn’t put the pin in until I got them as promised. The dealership manager said he understood I was promised them and threw them in the car personally as I watched.

Current car
    2019 Hyundai Ioniq Premium in black
    New car 2022 Hyundai Kona premium in Jungle green.

#174840 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

The Mazda didn’t have mats and we have bought mats already for the VW!!

Mazda CX5 is my DD
    VW ID3 Max on order 5 Nov 21

#174842 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

My first 2 scheme cars came with mats as standard, although I replaced them both for rubber mats as the carpet ones get filthy with all the rain/slush/snow. Refitted the original mats at handover, all lovely and looking brand new.

The Kia Soul EV didn’t come with mats, but a quick nudge of the dealer saw them and the funky boot liner thrown in for free. Sadly the mats are not rubber, so its off to e-bay for replacements.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#174843 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i got mats but dealer threw them in as i wasnt expecting them. he also diamond coated the vehicle

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by struth.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
    Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

#174846 Reply
    MickC
    Participant

My Ford Kuga ST-Line X Edition came with very nice red trimmed mats,i thought too nice to get them dirty,so i bought some genuine Ford rubber ones for my model,best thing for keeping muck and water out of the footwells.

The genuine supplied carpet mats can stay out of the car until the car goes back at the end of lease.

#174852 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

My car on order comes with mats but only because its not a base model and I’m paying a whopping AP so unless its specified for the cars trim level there will be no mats.

Something I’ve never understood with Motability is that they pay for metallic paint because it helps preserve the car for when its sold on yet like my current car that never came with mats now after more than 3 year wear has a hole in the cars main carpets where my foot pivots between the gas and brake.

My previous VW Golf SE had no mats but being a very popular model was easy to get cheap mats for online but my current car being a KIA Carens and not so popular, mats where hard to come by so a hole in the carpet it is.

#174854 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I literally cannot remember the last car that I had that didn’t come with carpeted mats as standard. It must be decades ago. I’m amazed that some manufacturers are such cheapskates as to make people pay extra for them.

#174861 Reply
    ajn

Xc40 yes however they are cheap nasty rubbish, better than nothing I guess

#174862 Reply
    Georgie

Current Golf GT came with them.  Not fancy, but serviceable.  They’re floor mats.

#174866 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The XC40 mats certainly aren’t the plush carpet that BMW supplies.  Volvo’s excuse is they are made from recycled bottletops or some such.  They seem to do the job though..

#174872 Reply
    ajn

That explains it then recycled bottletops = crap car mats 😆..

#174875 Reply
    Robert

I’m on my 6th vehicle and only 1 came with mats.

#174909 Reply
    Jojoe

Depends on the spec of the car. We had a VW Polo S that didn’t come with mats. Last 3 Skoda’s all had mats. We picked a car up once and there were no mats in it, the spec said their should be mats, dealer tried telling us it didn’t come with them. We got them in the end, the cynic in me thinks the  dealer took them out to sell or give someone else.

#174910 Reply
    Not_Even

Every car I’ve had on the scheme was supplied with mats, a Ford C-Max (Titanium trim), BMW X1 (SE Trim) and the Peugeot 3008 (GT trim) which I have now all had fairly decent mats.

My daughters Fiat was supplied without mats.

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Car mats
Your information: