Cancellation of order

• Creator
    Topic
    dafaceman7
    Participant

I ordered my EV6 2 weeks ago AP £4995. It’s ready in the yard does not need building, my handover date is 18th nay.  Dealer did not take deposit.
      I’ve now seen the Ioniq 5 has come down in price dramatically.

Do you think it’s going to be difficult to cancel the Ev6 order? And order the Ioniq 5.
      can’t see anywhere in paperwork about cancellation cost and as mentioned I’ve not paid a deposit.

anybody had experiences with this in the past?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Westdev
      Participant

You have no obligation until you enter you PIN at collection. You may also want to consider the increased time delay in Hyundai supplying a vehicle.

The Kia dealer may not be chuffed but as you say, the AP gap between the EV6 and the ioniq 5 is now very significant. And they can shift your ordered car to another customer.

dafaceman7
        Participant

Don’t mind having to wait an extra 2-3 months tbh, was just worried dealer would be difficult, think it’s easier due to the fact I’ve not paid a deposit.
          thanks for the reply

Glos Guy
          Participant

Technically, you are quite at liberty to cancel. You only enter into a legally binding contract when you enter your PIN on pick up and this contract is between you and Motability Operations. At no stage do we enter into a legally binding agreement with a dealer.

That being said, personally I’d feel bad about cancelling once the car has been built (as all our cars have been factory orders with options) but if you have ordered a car without options this will be less of an issue for the dealer. If you had chosen a car that was already built then I’d have no qualms at all about cancelling, as the dealer is in no worse a position than had you never walked in.

When all is said and done, we are paying £12k plus AP for a car that we have to have for 3 years and will never own, so it has to be right for you. You don’t want to spend the next 3 years regretting your decision, so one awkward conversation now could be the lesser of two evils! Good luck with your decision.

tvs
            Participant

As having an EV6 since Jan have no regrets on choosing it over the Ioniq 5.

Cost of AP (providing it is affordable) in secondary to being happy for 3 years. Personally prefer the body styling of the Kia, sporty handling, and to me is closer to the BMW X1 x drive to drive. The Ioniq 5 didn’t tick as many boxes. Personal choices, the Hyundai is very popular, see many on the roads, not so with the EV6, price reduction of £200 just announced today.

2024 - KIA EV6 GT Line AWD
              2019 - 2024 BMW X1 2.0d X Drive Sport Auto
              2017 -2019 Audi Q3 2.0d Quattro Sport Line Plus
              2005 - 2017 Honda CRV Exec 2.0d

ScotT
              Spectator

I ordered my EV6 2 weeks ago AP £4995. It’s ready in the yard does not need building, my handover date is 18th nay. Dealer did not take deposit. I’ve now seen the Ioniq 5 has come down in price dramatically. Do you think it’s going to be difficult to cancel the Ev6 order? And order the Ioniq 5. can’t see anywhere in paperwork about cancellation cost and as mentioned I’ve not paid a deposit. anybody had experiences with this in the past?

If you feel the Ioniq 5 meets your needs and the price is better for you, just phone the Kia dealer and cancel it and order the Ioniq 5 ASAP, just in case the vehicle is removed or price changes

You have zero obligations to the Kia dealer and they will simply cancel the order and put it to stock to be sold, there is no loss to the dealer despite others saying it would be, it will simply be sold to someone else.

Good luck

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.