Can you order online?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #138756 Reply
    PraxxtorCruel
    Participant

With the lockdown on can you order online? I’ve been looking to order for a couple of years but I mentally cant get myself to go to the dealer. I’ve got major fear issues of being around people and unfamiliar places. I dont go anywhere without immediate family. I got neurodevelopmental disorders.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #138764 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

With the lockdown on can you order online? I’ve been looking to order for a couple of years but I mentally cant get myself to go to the dealer. I’ve got major fear issues of being around people and unfamiliar places. I dont go anywhere without immediate family. I got neurodevelopmental disorders.

Taken from Motability’s FAQ page:

FAQs from the Motability Scheme regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

So, basically it is down to the dealership and their policy.

You will probably need to scan in and e-mail your allowance award notice, ID documents and driving licence etc as the dealer will need them.

It maybe easier to do the actual order over the phone as the dealer will need to ask you questions to ascertain the vehicle is suitable for you.

You would only then need to physically visit the dealership to collect the vehicle.

#138765 Reply
    Slimtrim

You can order online and over the phone @PraxxtorCruel. If you have a car in mind, email your nearest  Motability dealer to check the lead time as some vehicles do take considerably amount of weeks from order to delivery.

Your chosen dealer would request your PIP entitlement letter as well as your ID to submit the application to Motability.

Also have a look at the Motability deals and offers topic as some do offer reduced AP.

#138770 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

PraxxtorCruel; I ordered my next car on Saturday just gone via ‘click and collect’.

My dealer only needed to see my award letter & my driving licence – both of which I took a photo of on my mobile phone & emailed them through to him. You’ll have to answer several basic questions on the phone like name, address, any previous accidents, etc. but it’s all very basic and very quick. Within minutes, he had ordered the car & a few minutes later – I had an email from Motability thanking me for my order!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Can you order online?
Your information: