Can you order a model of car if it’s not on Motability

• This topic has 25 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Tharg.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #128194 Reply
    Martinod

Would Motability let you order a model of car if that particular model is not on the scheme if it suttee your needs.
    example :-  Vauxhall’s Corsa all models are on except the last model the top of the rang that has all the stuff you need  heated seat , electric folding mirrors etc

Or would they just say no .

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #128195 Reply
    C2clo

Basically they will say no. Two years ago they agreed that we could have a vehicle that was not on the scheme as we had discounted every vehicle they pointed us at. However there was a sting in the tail, the AP was astronomical as the manufacturer would not give Motability the volume discount they get on vehicles offered on the scheme.

Worth a try, but you need to show you have done your research and there is no other car that suits your needs.

#128197 Reply
    Azzy

I don’t think so and if that was the case I think we would all have a car that wasn’t listed on the scheme

#128198 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

I don’t think so and if that was the case I think we would all have a car that wasn’t listed on the scheme

Indeed. I’d be driving around now in a Toyota Supra with an advance payment of around £23,000 !!!

#128209 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’m just off to my local Ferrari dealer

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#128210 Reply
    Martinod

Ferrara would be nice but I couldn’t get in or out it

#128216 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Does the Ferrari come with power folding mirrors though😁

#128218 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Is there any particular model that has piqued your interest that isn’t on the scheme, Martinod?

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#128222 Reply
    Martinod

Aygo1991 Honda CR-V  EX because it has power seats that i need, the CRV the doors open so wide and so much easier to get in  and out and the space in the front is great

i now beggars can’t be choosers

#128223 Reply
    Tharg

A few years back, I thought I would like a Vauxhall Insignia but the list did not have the model I wanted in automatic. At the dealer’s suggestion I made a request to Motability for a “special order”. (I think that was what it was called.) Took a week or three but they agreed to make the auto available for me (and included it on the scheme list).

Dunno if this would still work now though.

#128229 Reply
    Azzy

Martinod we are choosers not beggars, No matter how much others may like us to believe we are. I believe most cars should be on the scheme, it’s worth a shot contacting Motability, nothing to lose, only something to gain

#128230 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Does the Ferrari come with power folding mirrors though😁

My guess is that would be a £10,000 extra.😁

#128265 Reply
    Tharg

My guess would be that Ferrari mirrors do not “fold”; they “exude sensually from the car’s physique”.

#128307 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Martinod, the CR-V in EX trim is a superb choice! I definitely second the wide-opening doors and specious cabin.

Motability cars:

2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#128343 Reply
    Martinod

Aygo1991 the other issue is I’ve applied for a grant so need to see what they come back with then I can see

#128352 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

If we could choose our own, mine would be a BMW M440i.

#128368 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Any of the crew cab diesel pickups with a truckman top would be perfect for me.

#128372 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Fingers crossed, Martinod.

My special request car would be a Mazda CX-5 Sport Nav Auto or a CX-30 GT Sport Tech AWD Auto while my fantasy car would be either a Ferrari Portofino or a Rolls Royce Cullinan. Imagine the AP on those…

Motability cars:

2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#128382 Reply
    Brad

Aygo1991, each time I look at your old car list, my heart feels depressed as you were the owner of a Range Rover on the scheme. My realistic dream car. Oh how good it would be to have them on the scheme. (I know their reviews aren’t great and have some issues)

#128388 Reply
    Tharg

Dream car? Citroen DS please. Or maybe a 1950s Bentley R-type Continental by Mulliner or Park Ward.

#128389 Reply
    John

Aygo1991.  I see you have written off 2 cars in the last 5 years. Were they both motobility cars? (I can’t see a range rover being on the scheme..) and did you have any problems in getting insured again?  Only reason I ask is that I wrote off our 2018 qashqai in March and now we have an Ateca but I am petrified of any claim on the insurance after causing 16.5k damage to the qashqai. I aquaplaned at 60mph. Police behind me saw it all so that helped my claim obviously.

#128396 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

(I can’t see a range rover being on the scheme..)

Range Rovers, along with certain other ‘top end-ish’ vehicles were available on the scheme in years past. I believe the AP on the Range Rover at the time was in excess of £10k.

Then the Daily Mail printed an article about Motability and the rest is history!

#128402 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Brad, different Range Rover models were available on the scheme until 2015, including the flagship Vogue model. There was a lot of hubbub in the media which criticised the availability of such cars on the scheme. As such, LR withdrew their brand in 2015. Before withdrawing, I managed to obtain an Evoque with a £3,000 AP.

John, yes they were all Motability cars. Because of what occurred, in order to obtain another car, I had to put in an appeal explaining what occurred on each occasion and why we should receive another car. Thankfully, Motability saw in our favour but warned my voluntary excess would be double the usual amount and that I would be removed as a named driver if I ever claim again.

Motability cars:

2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#128403 Reply
    Martinod

Just give Motability customers the old 3 wheeled blue disabled car like they use too…

How  did they get away with give disabled them to drive not every disabled person could drive it

#128435 Reply
    John

Wow 3k AP was a steal for a Evoque lol. And thanks for reply about the insurance. I have installed a 4k dash cam anyway to be on the safe side.

#128440 Reply
    Tharg

Doubt that the Invacar would be allowed on scheme now – too fast and sporty. They used to race them on F1 tracks!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Can you order a model of car if it’s not on Motability
Your information: