Can you extras for free?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #130996 Reply
    Amanda

Random question, but there’s always deals to be done when it comes to buying cars normally.

Has anyone ever heard of getting a few extras thrown in when purchasing through the motability scheme?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #131000 Reply
    rox
    Participant

I guess it can depend on alot of factors and often some dealers do deals on the advance payment. on my last car i got £200 off and the one before that £250 off the AP. I never add any extra’s, i chosse the cars that have what i need and want as standard. You can use this link to see https://www.motaclarity.co.uk/news/motability-deals what deals are on offer and where they are and some users have travelled to get a car, cheaper and i guess if you save on the ap you can use that to offset any extra’s but i just see them as added money you never will get back after the 3 year lease and mb will benefit from.

#131009 Reply
    Azzy

In the 10+ years I’ve been on the scheme they have said no to offering me a discount on extras but if you don’t ask you don’t get, so try your luck

#131017 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

In the 10+ years I’ve been on the scheme they have said no to offering me a discount on extras but if you don’t ask you don’t get, so try your luck

Good advice Azzy, 1st time order for me Amanda too, however I managed a £250 discount from Volvo due to this web site.

i simply copied and pasted the thread of discount given to four other members on here to the dealer got an instant reply discount added to final AP  price.

This is a great site for people like you and me who simply haven’t done this sort of thing before.

#131019 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I would like mudflaps fitted free of charge but scared to ask if I’m being honest

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#131021 Reply
    Karen

Have tried on every occasion I’ve had a Motability car (including the Volvo I get next week) and I’m always told no.

#131028 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Have tried on every occasion I’ve had a Motability car (including the Volvo I get next week) and I’m always told no.

#131030 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Karen I think we ordered the same model b4p 2ltr inscrip pro, as I say above £250 off plus £250 deposit leaves £1699, however same car now has gone through the roof, £3,799 I think.

pick up next week month late

#131035 Reply
    Landyman

Always ask, if you get no as a answer just say that’s a shame.

#131037 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Landyman if I’m thinking of the right Karen, she did ask however think there were limited dealers close by, but can’t be sure.

#131040 Reply
    Brydo

I’ve had free mats, free alloy upgrade and £600 off the AP.

#131045 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I have 5 Toyota dealers near me surely one would give me free mudflaps fitted worth around £150

#131046 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Do I say I will def order car if you fit free mudflaps ?

#131053 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Mike; go through all the chat/blurb with the salesman etc etc… and then say: “I’ll tell you what; if you throw in free mudflaps – I’ll have the car today”. – simple as. They won’t want to lose a sale in this current climate all for the sake of a hundred and fifty quid!

#131060 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Solent Thankyou for the reply I haven’t saw a CHR with mudflaps on but I’m sure Toyota make them I have a lot of country lanes where I live and mudflaps would keep it so much cleaner ! I’m trying to find a photo online of a Toyota Chr with mudflaps on

#131062 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Just built a CHR doesn’t list mudflaps in accessories but says they are available at dealers with option of fitting saw them on eBay £41

#131063 Reply
    solent60
    Participant
    #131064 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

The C-HR forum link above will be your best friend or all-things C-HR Mike. Great owner’s forum that will answer everything you will ever want to know.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Can you extras for free?
Your information: