Can one has brid solar inverter have two microgenerstion meter fitted?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

At present I have a 3.6kwh inverter which is about 8years old and services two strings one facing east and one south. I have a microgeneration meter fitted for my feed-in-tariff payment. I am looking at fitting another two arrays, one looking south and one looking west. I’ve had a company suggest I get rid of my existing inverter and replace it with a 8kwh hybrid inverter. What I need to know is cam the two strings I presently have be combined through the new inverter and into my existing meter and the other two new strings be combined and have their own meter.

Hopefully, this makes sense but if not I can give further clarification.

As the existing feed-in tariff is lucrative I don’t want to lose it, so keeping a legitimate record of the existing solar panels generation is a must.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brydo
      Participant

“Can one has brid solar inverter have two microgeneration meters fitted?”

This should read “ Can one hybrid solar inverter have two microgeneration meters fitted”

kezo
        Participant

Yes!

Where this is usefull is, when your existing solar panels are on the older more lucrative feed in tariffs combined through the hybrid inverter along with the new solar panels but, go through the existing microgeneration meter and the new solar have their own seperate microgeneration meter on say a new less lucrtive feed in tariff.

There is a limit to how much you can feed in to the grid remain eligible for for payments.

Brydo
          Participant

“There is a limit to how much you can feed into the grid to remain eligible for payments.”

Do the DNO decide how much can be fed back onto the grid I’m looking to send most of my solar production back to the grid. When I crunch the numbers it is essential to know this to establish if it’s worth the additional cost of more solar.

kezo
            Participant

Its 4-5 Mw from memory

kezo
              Participant
                Brydo
                Participant

@kezo I think we need to go over the rules of this partnership:- I ask the questions then do nothing, you give me the answers and I go speak to the installers as if I’m an expert. I’ve looked over the rules and nowhere does it says brydo reads a 500-page government guidance file to find something that kezo already knows but is just fed up answering brydos questions to give him the answer ????

kezo
                  Participant

Next you will want me sitting in the exam room with you ??

An “accredited” installation and any extensions must not exceed 5MW in combined
                    totall installed capacity or 2kW for micro-Combined Heat and Power fossil derived.

Brydo
                    Participant

Mixing threads here but just got another price for ASHP, Solar and battery storage of £20,100.

One or two things to chat about before I go for it but it’s the best quote yet and offers a 13kw Grants ASHP, 4kw of solar, 8.8kw hybrid inverter and 10kwh battery storage. I want 30 kwh iof battery storage (maybe 45kwh) so that’s one area to be firmed up on.

The best previous quote was for £21,000 and that was an 8kw ASHP and 2.5 kw of solar and 13.5 kwh battery storage.

kezo
                      Participant

There is a 5kw difference, which is not small margin when looking at a Hybrid setup or are now looking at a full ASHP system?

Which, if any of the 2 quotes did a satisfactory heat loss calculation or did they both pluck a number out of the sky?

The 2 quotes are relatively similar in that what one offers better in one thing, the other betters in another but overall I’d say your latest quote has a slight edge.

Grant is made in Japan by Chofu if your interested. Have they quoted you for the solar panels you wanted and what battery manufacturer were they using?

Brydo
                        Participant

@kezo I’m in the process of carrying out a heat loss survey on my own. Heatpunks do an app that can be used for DIY calculation. I’ve measured the rooms, windows and radiators just to check loft insulation coverage then I will give the App a go.

None of the installers have carried out a proper heat loss survey, all said that as it was a hybrid ASHP it’s not required as the combi kicks in when the ASHP can’t cope with low temperatures. I’m carrying it out for my own piece of mind. I don’t want a pump that is oversized as they can be inefficient and too small will mean higher gas bills. I’m expecting a 10kw pump to be the sweet spot for my situation but will find out tomorrow if/when I complete the calcs ?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Brydo.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.