Can motability really keep the present cap

This topic contains 39 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  FloozW 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #68926 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I was reading through some of the motor news on line, and i noticed an article about the new Rav4 Hybrid. I really like the look of this SUV but looking at the price point i cant see it getting onto the scheme, or if it does it will be the base models.

There are a couple of photos and some details about the various spec in the below link, worth a read i think.

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufacturer-news/2018/12/04/toyota-s-new-all-hybrid-rav4-suv-range-to-offer-co2-from-102g/km

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #69089 Reply

Bandit

I’d like to see the cap rules tweaked so that any model that is priced within the cap at one or more trim level is then eligible to be available on the scheme in ALL it’s trim levels and engine sizes etc.

#69705 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

That is one seriously ugly car, and £36k for Toyota. You can get a decent German car for that money.

Toyota RAV4 Road Test

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/reviews/toyota-rav4-review-much-improved-but-still-a-bit-of-a-dud/ar-BBSSE7d?ocid=spartandhp

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#69715 Reply

Stewart

And there we have it. A £36k load of rubbish.

#69726 Reply

Georgie

Front on it looks like a thug looking for a fight.  But then ‘boxy and brutish’ does seem to be the current style for cars at the moment.

#69733 Reply

Dragonfly

It is an ugly car, square wheel arches what was Toyota thinking?????

#69734 Reply

JS

I can’t think where toyota looked for inspiration lol

Usually there is a lot of difference between concept and finished car, but not in this case.

#69736 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

It may be ugly but it’s still better than the new Honda Civic?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#69737 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Haha I agree, the Honda Civic is without doubt one of the ugliest cars I’ve ever saw!

It’s like the Mr Potato head of the car world with odd looking shapes and bits placed here and there lol

Awful looking

When life hands you melons...,
    Make melonade!

#69966 Reply

solent60
    Participant

The European Union and Japan signed a trade pact in the Autumn of last year that will remove EU tariffs of 10 percent on Japanese cars (and 3 percent on most car parts) that are imported here. That agreement takes effect soon.

I would imagine that the likes of Mazda will be chuffed because nearly all of their cars are actually made in Japan before being shipped to the EU/UK. Am I correct in thinking that with this 10% tax reduction – the savings will be passed on to us, the Motability customer, by way of smaller advance payments?

Ten percent of (say) a Mazda MX-5 RF automatic is approx £2,750. The advance payment (currently) on that model is £1,999.

I am salivating at the thought!!!

#69972 Reply

Robert

I wouldn’t salivate too much, as you said, it’s an EU/Japan trade deal, and unfortunately we won’t be part of that deal next month.

#69975 Reply

FloozW
    Participant

I am happy for the cap to be removed completely, as allowing those who have the finances to pay for a more expensive car with a higher AP will ultimately put more money back into the scheme.

i agree with that; some quarters there’s not a great deal in the way of ‘nicer’ cars for those that don’t mind paying an AP to get what they want.

One thing i’d like to see is a bit of equality for those of us that have no choice but to drive an automatic.  If a particular model/trim level of a manual car is available, the auto version should always be available too, at the same, or similar price.  I know autos cost more, but then the residual value is also higher.

#69976 Reply

FloozW
    Participant

Haha I agree, the Honda Civic is without doubt one of the ugliest cars I’ve ever saw! It’s like the Mr Potato head of the car world with odd looking shapes and bits placed here and there lol Awful looking

Personally, I think the Toyota C-HR takes first prize. ?

#69979 Reply

Philjb

I hate the Toyota c-hr styling its even worse sat in one.

Tiny back widows. But hey ho if we all liked the same the world would be boring.

German cars from all manufacturers have been reliable for me. God the days of British Leyland and triumphs now they went wrong all the time.

New BMWs like a lot of new cars have there servicing schedules, reduced and reduced to please fleet buyers with many cars needing complete new engines once the warranty has run out.

Dont buy a 3 year old ex fleet bmw as engines are expensive.

The price cap does seem unfair if you need a big auto that’s suitable for those of us that need comfort and power, for our loaded up cars with wheelchairs, lifts, dogs, kids etc.

A nice Range Rover vogue would do me nicely.

#69992 Reply

FloozW
    Participant

I hate the Toyota c-hr styling its even worse sat in one. Tiny back widows.

I’ve never felt claustrophobic in a car, but I did in the C-HR. I’m of ‘average’ size, and would hate to see anyone taller and wider sat in the drivers seat!

It needs more than a facelift – a transplant maybe! ?

Viewing 14 replies - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Can motability really keep the present cap

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: