Can an manual boot be made electric push button boot

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Olpk 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118850 Reply

martino

some cars have a push button boot /hatchback ,

if you ordered a car that had a manual use your hand pull down boot/hatchback can it be adapted to work electronically with a push button

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118858 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i would have thought it depends on the range and if they do an automatic boot option.

also what exactly do you mean push a button on the key fob to unlock but you still have to lift or do you mean a boot that opens fully automatically. if the latter i would have thought not as the opening/closing mechanism would be considerbly different to an ordinary boot.

there are i think instances where the top of the range models have auto boots but it is not enabled on cheaper versions and there are after market fixes to enable the function. but thats only because the same mechanism is fitted to all but not enabled in the computer/wiring etc.

#118859 Reply

Susan

As anything like that would need approval and fitting by an approved installer you need to be talking to Motability about this.

#118860 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I have fitted electric opening to the boot of a few cars over the years, some were just adding factory parts/electrics etc and some had to have aftermarket systems to make them auto.

Depends on the vehicle, either way you would need to contact Mota to find out.

#118938 Reply

Ade

Martino, Hattchback opening mechanism uses electric motors in the struts and solenoids on the locking mechanism, its not something that can be ‘enabled’.

You can tell if the boot is an auto opening just by looking at the thickness of the struts. Non-auto opening struts are a lot thinner.

#118974 Reply

Olpk

<p style=”text-align: left;”>You can buy aftermarket conversion kits for some cars but you would have to get approval from motability as its their car.</p>

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Can an manual boot be made electric push button boot

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: