Buying from another dealership and servicing by local dealership?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Olpk 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103655 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

VW JCT600 Newark are offering £500 of a Tiguan range, my local VW is offering nothing I have therefore pushed them for an answer, If I buy from another dealership will you service it, to date no answer.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103658 Reply

Rhodgie

You can get your car serviced at any main dealer… buy in Cornwall and get servicing done in Inverness if you like a road trip 😁

#103660 Reply

Macca
    Participant

I wouldn’t have even asked, i’d have just booked it in when ther service was due making it clear it was a motability vehicle.

Think about it, if you lived down south, and took a car, then relocated to scotland before the first service was due, you’d likely have it serviced locally wouldn’t you?

#103663 Reply

Dave h

Or if it isn’t that far away from you take it to jct600 since they gave you the deal why give the local dealer the business when they cant even be arsed to reply to you

#103664 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

You can get your car serviced at any main dealer… buy in Cornwall and get servicing done in Inverness if you like a road trip 😁

When we moved from Mid Wales we just contacted Bristol Street Motors in Stafford and Motability, but are local VW has recently been taken over by Johnsons Group, they just seem so uninterested in Motability.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#103665 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Or if it isn’t that far away from you take it to jct600 since they gave you the deal why give the local dealer the business when they cant even be arsed to reply to you

I was hoping Johnson VW would match JCT600 looks like the answer is no.

#103673 Reply

Rhodgie

I’m with Dave H, I still take mines to Alex Noble in Edinburgh although its 44 miles away… partly cause they gave me the best deal when I got it and cause I  like driving.

Sounds like you dont like your local garage so why even bother with them, go to the one that seems to care and offers the best deals otherwise they’ll stop giving good deals out 👍

#103674 Reply

Beau

Remember dealerships make money on services so don’t care where the car comes from.

Also, think of all the company cars that come from a central dealership that get serviced all over the country.

Motabilty stated to me it doesn’t have to be from where you got it as long as it’s an approved manufactures service centre.

I’m ordering my Tiguan RLine from Marshall’s in South Oxford as it has £400 off, (JCT too far away), and it will be serviced in Cardiff.

Paul

#103675 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I got my Golf from Johnson’s VW Solihull 45 miles away got £500 off ap always have it serviced 5 miles away at listers Loughborough the motability guy at Loughborough Owen  fryer said snap Johnson’s hand off to get the £500 off nearly 2 years ago

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#103679 Reply

blueclouduk
    Participant

Ordered from a dealership in Durham, serviced by a different dealership in Darlington.

Sales team in Durham were great, service team not so.

Reverse order for dealership in Darlington.

#103680 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I got my Golf from Johnson’s VW Solihull 45 miles away got £500 off ap always have it serviced 5 miles away at listers Loughborough the motability guy at Loughborough Owen fryer said snap Johnson’s hand off to get the £500 off nearly 2 years ago

They have sent me an email to arrange an appointment and see what they can do, lets see what happens?

#103684 Reply

JS

I’ve just had the car serviced over 90 miles away from where it came from. No issues at all.

#103685 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Oscarmax what model VW do you want ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#103689 Reply

Lord Muc

Bought X1 in Portsmouth, 55 miles away, serviced in south london, no issues.

#103691 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Oscarmax what model VW do you want ?

My shortlist is between a  Tiguan RTech DSG diesel and an Mitsubishi Outlander Design PHEV, the Mitsubshi dealer seems far more accommodating.

#103703 Reply

Colin
    Participant

I have had all of the services on the XC60 done from a different dealer to the one who supplied it, but I did have to specifically notify motability that I was changing my preferred dealer after the second or third time I went to the “wrong” one.

I will be doing the same thing with the Tiguan due any day, local dealer is a lot closer than the supplying dealer

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Colin.

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#103746 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I got my Golf from Johnson’s VW Solihull 45 miles away got £500 off ap always have it serviced 5 miles away at listers Loughborough the motability guy at Loughborough Owen fryer said snap Johnson’s hand off to get the £500 off nearly 2 years ago

They have sent me an email to arrange an appointment and see what they can do, lets see what happens?

Stuck my head in Johnson’s VW this morning as per their email, Motability list price only and to add insult to injury towbar £1500. JCT are offering same car for £500 less and factory fitted towbar £735, I can get the same towbar fitted including programming for £475, they obviously don’t want Motability business.

The sad things is sitting in the Tiguan both the wife and I do not like it and prefer our current Ford Kuga.

#103748 Reply

Mike

That’s a shame

#103791 Reply

rox
    Participant

There’s a few cars i liked, but the dealers are not local. So for me they just not viable at all.

It’s servicing etc not buying it from a distance thats the problem for me. It just don’t fit in with my life and commitments and i know that it would add to my stress levels.. As every service or problem i’d have to travel there and back or like recently when i just popped in to change wipers before xmas or get them to put more oil in, as they put longerlife in but it don’t ever last the 20k till the service.

My golf is due it’s mot before i give it back in april and needs a software update as well. (A recall which is going to take 3 hours to update) so i’m getting a loan car. I decided not to get another vw  but i was considering buying one from further afield as deals was better and i got no issues getting it serviced at the local vw dealer at all or any other dealer if a problem happens when away etc. As it’s what best for me..

#103815 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Well I popped into the local Mitsubishi today to have a look at the Outlander PHEV Design very friendly happy to collect and return the car for any work, lovely car and loads of space in the boot for both my scooter and walker at the same time,

#103846 Reply

Olpk

My current car has been to 3 different dealers.

I merely ring up whichever I want and book it in and just say it’s a motability car.

They never bat an eyelid. You can get your car worked on at any dealer for that brand.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Buying from another dealership and servicing by local dealership?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: