BT and EE scam

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Flude 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #97305 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Please be aware the is a new scam going around you may be contacted by EE, but most worrying this morning I received an email of what looked like a very official BT email, stating due to Brexit you need to accept BT new terms and conditions.

You are asked to accept and follow the links, I contact BT by phone, this is quite a nasty scam.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #97326 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I don’t know what the EE scam is unless it’s the one I came across last week?

My local EE network mast is off line at the moment with a fault but the SIM I use is with Plusnet who use the EE network so I used the EE network status checker and it said they know of the fault and there working to fix it.

The EE site has an option to put your mobile number in and they then alert you to when its fixed so I did that but remember I’ve got a Plusnet SIM not an EE one but it seem to accept my number.

Coincidence or not but 2 day’s later I had an SMS so say from EE saying my direct debit had failed and I would be cut off if I didn’t follow the link enclosed to fix it.

I never follow links I get anyway because its so dangerous but the scammers are using clever gear if they have managed to see I’ve access an EE site even though I’m not an EE customer, well not directly anyway.

#97338 Reply

Philjb

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I had three scam HMRC tax rebate emails and four scam emails about tv license renewal. In the last week.</p>
    So be wary of any email asking for any personal info or basically check everyone as there are so many scammers out there.
    Not just emails but text messages too, even if it looks like it’s from a number related to you. It may not be.

#97345 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

It’s easy, never ever click on an unsolicited link, whether email or text, if it is a company that you owe money to they will find an alternative way to contact you, an actual letter will eventually find it’s way through your door.

#97359 Reply

Michael Flude

I have had alot of scam texts emails phone calls,WE MUST BE ON OUR GUARD ALL OF THE TIME.

last text was Tesco saying I had won first prize in questionnaire,please click on link,NO WAY HOSAE ,Tesco confirmed was scam,I’ve had scam texts supposed to be PayPal ??  Morrison’s ??,Tesco ??, One time an elaborate scam wanted me to be in film ,to play part of Capt Teddy Smith working with resistance against natzis ,another gave me part as fish chip shop seller ,all rubbish, I never got far enough into it for them to get info on me,or whatever next step was,they sent me contract from Warner brothers USA ,LOL it was stupid bit of paper done on printer,I am very carefully I’m not the soft touch they seem to think I am.

ALWAYS BE ON YOUR GUARD there’s alot scamers target UK.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: BT and EE scam

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: