Brilliant & affordable classics at auction this weekend

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #141257 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Interesting, Brydo. For me the XK8 would be a keeper and the Giulia the one with character (if not quite panache!) The rest? Not interesting enough…  Although the Rover P6 could be a maybe….

#141260 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Nice find, Brydo. Never liked the MGBs with those plastic/rubber bumpers and, as with all MGs of the period, they will break down with a planned inevitability (speak from experience). Quite fancy the Bentley because, well, it’s a Bentley. Really want a Mk VI but the price for those has far too many zeros on the end. Would love the Rover. The V8 was good but those who know reckon the original 2.0L was just as good but it did have to run on five-star petrol!</p>

#141263 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

But the V8 engine sounded so much better Tharg and I remember the lovely snick snick sound of the gear change too.

#141286 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Certainly right about that V8 rumble, Wigwam. My uncle had one of the “five-star” two litres and it went like the wind. Funnily enough, the thing I remember most were the white leather sculpted “racing” seats – even in the back! Panache, I reckon…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Brilliant & affordable classics at auction this weekend
Your information: