BP Pulse EV Chargers

• Creator
    Topic
  • #166412 Reply
    Coastalview

BP Pulse provide the charger and standard  installation for Motability for Customers who choose electric Vehicles.However,there have been a number of issues with regard to installation, the reliability of such units and the Phone App that should allow you to access control over the unit in particular to schedule charging at off peak periods.Their Customer service has been found to be lacking and fail to respond to complaint.

BP Pulse has recently featured on the BBC Watchdog/One Show Programme with regard to the above .

Due to have an Electric Vehicle ,I have crossed paths with them and have not been that enamoured and have decided to go with another supplier which will I have to pay for.

I have expressed my concerns to Motability regards this situation and unfortunately their response was as expected.They state that they are aware of complaints regarding this Company including those from Motability Customers and are working with BP Pulse to resolve them.Blah Blah Blah.

Apparently it’s a standard Charger good enough for Motabilty customers which will be upgraded in February next year.

I am frustrated that Motabilty were fully aware of the issues regarding these Chargers for sometime and once more failed to deal robustly with these matters.It doesn’t even warrant a mention on their website so that contact details were available in order to resolve issues with them directly.They left that to BP Pulse.

If you  wish to complain to Motabilty regarding this charger and associated issues his name is Mark Gallagher who is a Manager for the BP Pulse installations.

Viewing 4 replies - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #176459 Reply
    Michael

pod point are supplying ours through motability, so far been good

#176461 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

pod point are supplying ours through motability, so far been good

Podpoint for nearly 2 years now, excellent bit of kit.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#176476 Reply
    Coastalview

Since this post last year, MB supplied me with a OHME Charger.The only fly in the ointment is that I don’t have the VW ID3 to attach to it.Ordered July 2021 and still waiting.

#176676 Reply
    Javert

My wife received an email to fill in a form for a BP Pulse installation.  Since this is our first EV and actually we plan to sell this house in about 3 years or so, I’m not going to try to kick up a fuss to try to get a different charger – maybe next time once I have some experience…

Viewing 4 replies - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
Reply To: Reply #166694 in BP Pulse EV Chargers
Your information: