BP Pulse EV Chargers

• Creator
    Topic
  • #166412 Reply
    Coastalview

BP Pulse provide the charger and standard  installation for Motability for Customers who choose electric Vehicles.However,there have been a number of issues with regard to installation, the reliability of such units and the Phone App that should allow you to access control over the unit in particular to schedule charging at off peak periods.Their Customer service has been found to be lacking and fail to respond to complaint.

BP Pulse has recently featured on the BBC Watchdog/One Show Programme with regard to the above .

Due to have an Electric Vehicle ,I have crossed paths with them and have not been that enamoured and have decided to go with another supplier which will I have to pay for.

I have expressed my concerns to Motability regards this situation and unfortunately their response was as expected.They state that they are aware of complaints regarding this Company including those from Motability Customers and are working with BP Pulse to resolve them.Blah Blah Blah.

Apparently it’s a standard Charger good enough for Motabilty customers which will be upgraded in February next year.

I am frustrated that Motabilty were fully aware of the issues regarding these Chargers for sometime and once more failed to deal robustly with these matters.It doesn’t even warrant a mention on their website so that contact details were available in order to resolve issues with them directly.They left that to BP Pulse.

If you  wish to complain to Motabilty regarding this charger and associated issues his name is Mark Gallagher who is a Manager for the BP Pulse installations.

Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167169 Reply
    billybobb2019

Hi Rich et al

spoke again with MB – another advisor admitted yes they use ohme but it’s a pilot, but they are now escalating my issue to another team and will look at ohme taking over the install – i may make a complaint as i seem to have a mindset that creeps into my interactions that MB are being kind letting us have a car etc and then i remember that actually it’s not free and we do pay …..

thanks for the replies appreciated 😄👍

#167347 Reply
    Coastalview

MB refusing to allow me any other EV Charger provider than BP Pulse even though they do use OHME.There is a choice but they call the shots for allocation, lump or leave it or get your own.No point being FOC if the charger they give you is rubbish.It’s really not worth the hassle.Have a look at Trustpilot reviews,some from MB Customers.. .terrible.

#167355 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Trustpilot reviews I take with a large pinch of salt.</p>

#167362 Reply
    Coastalview

Why’s that then  the fwippers ?

#167364 Reply
    billybobb2019

hi coastal view make a complaint to MB  go to their customer services team i did as if had enough eventually after 30 mins of to and fro they caved in when i said i was going to fund it myself – they cancelled the BP install but are only doing OHME in small numbers and ramping up and ditching BP they have given me the difference that they pay BP so with the grant i’ve got £650 towards an install

persevere and they will cave

good luck

#167366 Reply
    Coastalview

billybob2019

Excellent news,hopefully common sense is dawning on them.

#167369 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Why’s that then the fwippers ?

Cuta long story short, it is full of lots of fake reviews. We dealt with an online company, had a faulty product and it was a nightmare to get a refund. When I left a 1 star review I had to provide Trustpilot with copies of invoices etc, but all the 5 star ones get published without this, and some just have a look that makes you wonder. When motability and John Lewis, Amazon score an average of 2 and some other outfits 5, it makes you wonder. The difference is they pay a premium to Trustpilot to try and filter out the bad reviews by challenging them. These sites have their uses but as with everything caveat emptor.

#167434 Reply
    Coastalview

fwippers

The trouble is most are these are 1 star with very few 4 or 5.Plus some  identify themselves as MB Customers so I have a tendency to believe what’s written.Especially when combined with the negative comments made on the BP Pulse Twitter feed and other sources.All adds up to a rather woeful picture that I for one wish to avoid.

#167609 Reply
    Si

I was also lucky with BP, installation was straight forward and it has worked faultlessly since.  I do not use the BP Pulse as the Hyundai Blue App is much more intuative and I use that to schedual off-peak charging for my Kona.  Best thing I ever did was go electric, last time I got a bill I have spent £7 charging my car since April bearing in mind in West Yorkshire charging is free in council carparks until Friday this week and I have making full use of that hardly using my home charger.  I have Octopus go tariff so it will only cost 4.5p per Kw/hr when I do charge from home.

#169715 Reply
    Just2Fish

Update to me saying that I’d got no problem with my BP Pulse it has only worked for the last couple of weeks if I jump start it by switching off and back on at the isolator, and I’ve so far been waiting 10 days for BP to even arrange for someone to come out to fix it.

#169798 Reply
    Coastalview

I refused to have a BP Pulse Charger fitted point blank.After a couple of weeks MB came back to me and agreed that I could use OHME.It’s being installed this week.Now all I need is theID3 ..but when who knows.

#169909 Reply
    Just2Fish

Two weeks on I’m still waiting for even a date for when BP will come to fix their home charger. Motability have been completely useless as they admit to just repeatedly referring a complaint to BP with no cut off point when they, Motability, would get another company to fix the BP charger or fit a different one. Also Motability point blank deny that they also use OHME, we know that they do. The car is great but BP and Motability are spoiling their influence on electric car take-up, I’d expect nothing less of a petrol company, but not Motability.

#169915 Reply
    struth
    Participant

bp chargers do seem to get bad rep. a friend on another frum has one too and has had loads of issues with both it and the servicing of it.

i was quite pleased that i was told i would be getting an ohme charger, and although they and there agents have been attentive, im struggling to get my housing ass to give me permesso; why i dont know.  still it looks like a decent charger and has a current clamp that can be set so it wont over draw current from mains if your using other stuff etc. very clever.

#169957 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

Hi all. I placed an order for a VW ID3 at the beginning of November and have received the obligatory text message from BP about the installation. There is plenty of time before the said car arrives, thankfully.

As I have no confidence in BP, my expectation is a rocky ride. My charge point will be at least 25m from my electric meter, it needs to go through the loft void, under a garden path and there isn’t anywhere for the charger to be fixed to. Yes, I have very low expectations of a smooth, trouble free installation. I am expecting additional costs.

But hey, if the bulk of the cost is met by Motability, I am not going to complain, well, not at first!

BP seem to have little appetite for customer care/satisfaction and Motability are not up to speed with the changing market. It is a recipe for disaster.

5th November 2021 Max Pro Performance in Stonewashed Blue ordered
    22nd November 2021 Text received from BP Pulse requesting installation information
    23rd November 2021 BP Pulse information completed and sent

#169967 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

Don’t forget, DumfriesDik, that you can get the additional £250 grant from the Energy Savings Trust that will go a long way to help with your non-standard installation if you live in Scotland…

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#169987 Reply
    DumfriesDik
    Participant

That would be nice, but I am expecting it to go to Motability. But fingers crossed.

5th November 2021 Max Pro Performance in Stonewashed Blue ordered
    22nd November 2021 Text received from BP Pulse requesting installation information
    23rd November 2021 BP Pulse information completed and sent

#170026 Reply
    ldc7080

i had a really easy install from BP pulse.  ordered my car 20.09.  a week later BP pulse were in contact via email with an online form to fill in regarding my property.  sent that off about 2 weeks later and  a week after that a local contractor contacted me to arrange an install .   I picked 5.11 as I had an holiday on this day and it was done in 65 minutes.

Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
Reply To: BP Pulse EV Chargers
Your information: