Bp pulse charger …is it a 7kw one ?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #155742 Reply
    Jtb

Hi…can anyone who’s had the bp pulse charger from motability confirm it’s a 7kw one?Mine is charging not much faster than the granny charger 🙄

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155746 Reply
    Ian

Haven’t got a BP charger but slow charging sometimes can be sorted in the car settings.

#155747 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

What car have you got and what is the current level of charge?

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#155748 Reply
    brydo

A 7Kw charger charges about three times faster than a “granny charger” but it is not quick. Best to plug it in overnight while you are sleeping.

#155749 Reply
    Jtb

Vw id3……currently charging at 12mph……granny charger was 8mph.

#155750 Reply
    Jtb

Trying to work out if I’m being dumb and a 3.7kw charger installed and not a 7kw one

#155753 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Trying to work out if I’m being dumb and a 3.7kw charger installed and not a 7kw one

12mph does appear to be 16 amp 3.7kW, you should get around 23mph on a 32 amp 7kW set up.  Have you checked if there are any options in the in car menus to restrict, also, at 90% plus it will really start lowering the ampage in the BMS

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#155754 Reply
    Jtb

I’ve just got off phone from motability and the lady had no idea what should be installed and told me to call dealer …..hardly worth all the hassle if its a 3.7 kW that’s been installed.

#155756 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Mine has just stopped working after 4 charges, rang them to report the fault this morning and they said i should get a call within a week, how crap is that for service. So for the next week i have to use the granny charger supplied with my car. To add insult to injury they tried blaming the car and advised i contact KIA until i told them the car is no where near the socket and it still trips the fuse. Getting really fed up with BP now and if nothing is done by the end of next week im seriously thinking of contacting Motability and rejecting the car.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#155760 Reply
    Ian Price

I know we get a free charger from motability for an EV. But after reading all the reviews about the BP charger and all the grief people have had, I for one will not be installing it. Would rather pay for it and know what I am getting. Just read the reviews about the people they use to install it.

#155762 Reply
    Jtb

Called bp pulse again and they confirmed it is a 7kw but the installer may have set it to 3.6kw if he thinks there is an electrical risk …..so I now have to call installer tmrw and ask as bp pulse havent received any paperwork for the install yet….he did say the installer may have done this by mistake though.

#155831 Reply
    Jtb

Finally sorted…..I had to unscrew the box under the charger and press a red button …now charging at 25mph.

#155840 Reply
    Gary

result 🙂

#155924 Reply
    Des

BP pulse are useless. Honestly I’ve never dealt with a company that are so bad.

#156016 Reply
    Richard

Trouble with BP is its not them they’re just pulling a Serco/Capita & fronting it to rake in the cash then passing the installs on to whatever compsny they use. In my case its Elm Electrical who are based in Southend apparently. I had a bit of a hussy fit at Motability as I got an out if the blue call from a company I have no relationship with expecting unrestricted access to my house, this is a disaster waiting to happen if fraudsters find out about that.

Im fed up with the whole thing BP, UKPN Octopus they’ve all been an utter shambles over the install that still hadn’t happened.

If I don’t get good news tomorrow during this survey I’m rejecting the car. I’ve been waiting since 10th May so far.

#156021 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I found BP Pulse total muppets, it was like taking to the village idiot, as stated before I went for a tethered Podpoint 7 kW unit everything totally seamless and first class.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: Bp pulse charger …is it a 7kw one ?
Your information: