BP charge master positive story VW not so much.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #145503 Reply
    Djg193

Hi

Ordered a VW ID3 and had an email off BP two days later. After filling in the form I had a phone call one day later to arrange a fitting a week later which was done without fuss today. I know others have had issues but to be fair they have been great.

VW however keep telling me that my car will be ready in a few weeks. When contacting them for an update a few weeks later they say 10 days max and around we go. I have asked for a delivery date but they said they don’t give them. 🙈

what’s others experience of getting collection dates ??

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #145507 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

How long is a piece of string?

All cars – no matter how they’re powered – are subject to delays for a number of reasons… not least during a worldwide pandemic.

#145509 Reply
    Kev

Ask your dealer  for the order number to VW from dealer,you can then track the order, 8 digit number

#145520 Reply
    Mike

@solent60 – I’m sure anyone would be frustrated with continued delays. The dealer should set expectations and say they don’t have a delivery date instead of saying repeatedly a couple weeks.

As Kev said ask the dealer order number and track with VW directly.

#145531 Reply
    Djg193

Thanks guys.

@Solent , I understand what your saying but the waiting time isn’t the problem it’s the lack of solid info. If it’s 6 months or 6 weeks they should just say so.

#145532 Reply
    Chub

That’s great news re charger. I hope TVs fitting of a charger at my property will be easy after no charge master knocking me back.
    I also have ordered a Volkswagen my dealship first said June then Motability said juicy then Friday they sent me a message to say the car is nearly ready it just needs to be checked and polished.
    I was a bit confused like you at first. Turns out they found a car like I wanted at a different garage in the uk and they are just waiting for it to be delivered maybe it would be worth asking if any other dealerships have the car you would like.
    I hope it’ll be all up to date and I don’t have any problems.
    Good luck I hope you get some joy

#145538 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

@solent60 – I’m sure anyone would be frustrated with continued delays. The dealer should set expectations and say they don’t have a delivery date instead of saying repeatedly a couple weeks. As Kev said ask the dealer order number and track with VW directly.

I am in the same boat as the OP and yes, it’s very frustrating.

I was told by my dealer that my car had a build date of March 15th. When I emailed last Saturday for an update, the dealer emailed back & said “Sorry, it’s been delayed. You have a new build date of April 15th.”

No reason given for the delay of course. There never is. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic however, it’s not hard to figure out why a lot of dealers are telling very large porkies & are very economical with the truth. [1] : now that the UK has re-opened its car showrooms, dealers want to fill them with shiny new cars to entice the public into buying them. Recent reports in the media say car dealers are expecting a boom following the lock-down. A lot of cars that were (or are) destined for Motability customers will be heading for showroom display or going to private buyers instead. Which leads us to [2] : Car dealers know that we all have a 6-month automatic extension to our leases on our current vehicles. Because of that, their attitude will be… “You can wait – you’ll get it in the end. Simply use your existing car”.

Will my new car really get built tomorrow on April 15th? Who knows. Will it get delivered the very end of the month – as stated by my dealer? Again, who knows. Is my dealer now on holiday until April 26th and when he comes back (he says), he will update me further? Yes he is. When he does get back to work on the 26th- am I expecting him to email me & say the car has been delayed further still?

Hell yeah I am.

#145554 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Yep that’s the new car delivery motto of all or most car manufactures “Believe it when you see it”, but we will give you a date if you insist and it keeps you happy for a little while. 😒

Although a bit worst at the moment and more than likely going to get even worst over the Summer if were to believe in everyone out buying cars now they’ve been set free and I’m sure there will be some Motability gazumping going on too, for sure. 😢

At least I can count myself lucky this time around when I order in July that my current car is up to dealing with my disability for a few extra months on top of the 3 months.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: BP charge master positive story VW not so much.
Your information: