Boring colours

• Creator
    Topic
  • #155887 Reply
    Paul

Why are the vast majority of cars only available in the usual drab and boring colours?

I can’t be the only one who likes unusual or bright colours, I wish the ST estate would come back on I had that in Tangerine 🍊 Scream now that was a good colour 👌😎

Currently got an X1 in Sunset orange and struggling to find anything out of the ordinary on the scheme, any ideas maybe a Q3 in pulse orange?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #155893 Reply
    Paul

Has to be an estate, large family saloon or suv similar in size to the X1 btw 🤔

#155894 Reply
    FiestaRed

Sorry, boring old fart alert Paul. I’ve just ordered my new one in Sterling Silver to replace the Sovereign Silver Astra ST that’s got to go back.

#155896 Reply
    Paul

😂 hmmm I’ll let you off as out of the usual colours I quite like silver although I’m showing my age if I tell you my last silver car was a Maestro back in ‘97 😂

Enjoy the new car pal 👊

#155899 Reply
    ajn

I guess we sort of just get used to the same old thing Paul, however some cars can carry off brighter colours better than others I find..

I thought we were being brave with Blonde leather interior, still had black paint though..

#155900 Reply
    FiestaRed

Thanks Paul.

Talking of Maestros, I’ve booked a visit to the new Great British Car Journey museum in Derbyshire next week. Maestros, Metros and all the other old favourites there on display. Looking forward to it.

#155902 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Don’t look at the XC40 then.  You can have black, white, shades of grey in between, silver or dull red.

#155903 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i am with you paul, i have a soft spot for brg a bit boring i know but otherwise i do prefer something a bit different. if you take out silver and gre from all the colour charts of manufacturers theres not a lot left.

at one time i was looking at a jeep renegade as they do a yellow and an orange.

#155904 Reply
    ajn

@Paul What colour interior on the X1 in Sunset orange did you choose..

#155905 Reply
    Paul

Thanks for the replies folks, fiestared enjoy the museum, it’ll be good that I saw it on bbc breakfast 👌😎

ajn – mocha brown, deffo suits it, the salesman tried to get me to order black but then admitted the chocolate brown looked better, it’s gotta go back in November and I don’t fancy the same car, I like a change and at the minute the q3 in pulse orange 🍊 is leading the way, I’ll have a good root through the next price list, I can order in August 👍

#155906 Reply
    Richardw

We also have a BMW in Sunset orange. Great colour but a lot of similar ones now from other manufacturers. Almost ordered an A3 saloon in python yellow but went for 3008 hybrid4 in Vertigo blue instead.

#155909 Reply
    Georgie

Lousy colour choice is a real bug-bear with me.  Black, white, bright red, blue, three shades of grey/silver.  Yawn.

What happened to pale gold Mercedes, light green Skoda, dark green, deep red, purple, yellow, turquoise, Volvo’s available in two kinds of copper . . . ?  Why are car colour ‘options’ not only identical but also so relentlessly dull?

#155910 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Green definitely seems out of fashion. I had a S-type Jaguar in Racing Green mica paint. Classic colour always got comments.

#155911 Reply
    Brydo

Xc40 Recharge, not on scheme 😞 Sage Green 🤮

#155912 Reply
    Paul

I’m with you Georgie 👍 I’m always got my eye out for something different hence this topic and Richard you are the man 👊😂 I didn’t know you could get an a3 saloon in python 🐍 🟡

Please Please Please 🙏 let that vehicle say on in the next price list, I’ve gotta have it 👌😎

#155916 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

More grey than green to my eye. Brydo. Like the denim blue is more grey than blue.

#155919 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

BMW used to offer over 60 colour options on the 5 series, every shade of black, grey and silver you could wish for and nothing else.

#155920 Reply
    ajn

I kind of like being boring, I like being left alone with no fuss what so ever😂..

I hate all this get a granny in a parachute stuff taking six months or more to arrange, just to be shuffled out of an aeroplane, eyes closed screaming all the way then babied to the floor strapped to a professional pretending that they are amazing…😳

Imagine all the fuss if I pulled up in a metallic, made up colour name like a shimmering lilac, indigo splurge xc40… with unbelievable mint coloured seats..

Jumping out in a silver shimmering suit, and pink boots..

Bit like that women with the pink Range…

However we’re all different I guess🤣.

#155921 Reply
    Noel
    Participant

This always turns heads…..

#155922 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s a good green – I’d skip the rest of it…

#155925 Reply
    Brydo

I had a look at it today wigwam and it’s “bogging”, why anyone would pick that colour is beyond me.

#155941 Reply
    Richardw

Yes Paul, it used to be only available on the S3 etc but  fairly recently it became available on all trims.

#155954 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Confess to liking BRG. Have a Mini wearing it. Do agree with everyone else though – most colour choice is black, white or hundreds of shades of grey. Just ordered a T-ROC in bright red. A cliche, I know but I just like red cars. The T-ROC has a couple of decent shades though: the blue looks good in the metal (crap in photos) and you’ve got to like the yellow…

Particularly good with the black hat, but that costs another £500!

#155961 Reply
    Markymate

Couldn’t agree more with you. I’ve said this before on the forum, colours are just so bland nowadays, 50 shades of grey and silver.  So hard to find something brighter. When I first started driving in the 70’s you could get cars in all colours of the rainbow, and some in-between!!

This is the best I could find when I renewed in March.

#155969 Reply
    ajn

@Markymate that’s nice

#155975 Reply
    Paul

Agreed 👌😎

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 64 total)
Reply To: Boring colours
Your information: