BMW X1 XLine

This topic contains 69 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Rico 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #64799 Reply

Efc84

Good evening all,

i was wondering if anyone is currently driving the BMW X1 XLine and what they think about it and how they are finding it on a whole?

My motobility is up for renewal early next year and I am starting to look for the next car.

i currently have the Nissan Qashqai so we are looking for another SUV and something that looks & drives well,

I seen a stunning Hyundai Tuscan on Wednesday too I’m yet to look in to AP for them but from what I’m looking at the X-Line bmw is £1499,

I don’t need adaptations for either cars im looking for a larger car as I have 2 young children also,

Thank you.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #72289 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Not my experience, Kris., Must be very diappointing.  Pretty pleased with our X1. Agree tyre noise is an issue and seats are not the best I’ve experience and it took a while to adjust them right.  If the car wanders, assuming the tyres aren’t over-inflated (I run ours at 32 front and back) I would get the geometry checked.

#72293 Reply

Kris

fwipperie. Can I ask how long you had yours for and could you change cars? We haven’t had ours long but the one we test drove drives nothing like the one we got. My husband who doesn’t drive thinks it’s great I feel it’s skitterish on the road and not as stable as our last car.

#72294 Reply

Kris

Wigwam. Thank you i will check the tyres out. Very disappointing I think though my other half’s head was turned at the customer service bmw were giving us lol

#72295 Reply

Philjb

I wonder if you guys could be experiencing the run flat tyres the one I tested did the same, salesman said it was run flat tyres? We went for the Tiguan just was much more comfortable and having owned vw’s before and had good experiences we gave the x1 a miss. Plus the seats are adult size. lol 

#72296 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

We had ours about 4 to 5 months before motability agreed to an early termination and in reality this could have been shorter. A fee of £50 was payable but could have been £250 max.  Any monies spent on extras was lost too which was very little in my case but any AP is refunded pro rata.

#72301 Reply

Ronny

Hi, I recently changed mine, it was so so uncomfortable I couldn’t drive it. Lovely car, very low AP at the time,  lots of extras but it was missing something. The seats are to flat and wide and not long enough. And where bmw had turned the engin removing the bit down the middle you lot the cockpit as such, I felt very exposed it’s difficult t explain. I was Very unhappy. I have to say Motability we’re absolutely brilliant from the first csll to the pick up of my new car. So much better and so much happier!

#72304 Reply

Philjb

what did you swap to Ronny if you don’t mind me asking?

Did you mean it had no arm rest?

#72305 Reply

Persuader

Ronny could you explain your middle section above? No idea what it means but I’m intrigued….

#72311 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I think he means that now they’re front wheel drive transverse layout it has no transmission tunnel/centre console.

#72318 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

Tunnel is still present as used in x drive 4wd.

#72321 Reply

Persuader

Thanks fwipperie. Makes sense!

#72323 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

I was just trying to decipher his statement, not checked the facts mam!

#72456 Reply

Stewart

I also have the X Line 25D and it’s a fantastic car. Very powerful, comfortable, a great auto box and definitely premium. If it was still on the list I would have no hesitation in getting another one.

#72531 Reply

Les Richardson

I have had an X1 1.8s auto for two years now. Its a nice car, I tried the sports seats but they were too restrictive for getting in and out. The 1.8 d is a good motor especially with the 8 speed auto box the engine is rated at 146BHP ( I think) and is responsive and quick enough. The ride is a bit harsh with the larger 18 inch alloys I would go for the standard and higher walled tyres.                                                The car is not massive inside, it will seat 4 comfortably but 5 is tight, boot space is just big enough for a rollator. big niggle for wife is the seatbelt top mount is not adjustable and is uncomfortably high for her. sat nav and controls are all good. no problems at all in 2 years and 20K miles, which is as it should be.

#72866 Reply

Ronny

Hi, no it had an arm rest but bmw have rotated the engine 90degrees so taking out that Cockpit Feel and security, I liked the centre consul that went down past your legs up onto the armrest, most comfortable as in the most of the other series they do. With this one the seats are far to flat and wide and because of my brace I slid all over the place, it was so uncomfortable for me. So I now have a Mini Countryman PHEV, and I LOVE it !

#72867 Reply

Ronny

With the centre consul it used to surround you, going up past your left leg with controls at elobow height, with the atm rest next to the seat, like a cockpit or cabin. BMW  have now rotated the engine 90° so therefore taking this away, it does make the car more roomy however for me it made it uncomfortable as it was to big a space   and I slide around, I wear a brace and it was a nice fit before the change, in my 1 and 2 series and also current 4 (Privatly owned) where is after the   changed  I was all over the place it was very very uncomfortable for me .

#72868 Reply

Ronny

Apologies if I didn’t make it clear guys, Beautiful car, lots of toys and all wheel drive but unfortunately if I can’t drive it it wasted money

#72876 Reply

Philjb

not good Ronny no need to apologise

I too wear a brace brace well I have 3.

That’s another reason I like the Vw as it feels very much still like our 8 year old touran inside.

Just more tech and more comfy. With the massage seats and head rests that adjust forward too.

So what’s next Ronnie. Are you looking at anything else?

#72884 Reply

Philjb

apologies Ronnie I missed the end few lines.

The mini is more comfortable as in the seats hold you in?

My daughter has a cooper s but it’s too low and bumpy for me.

I did wonder how comfy the countryman was?

I just fear the seats wouldn’t be hight enough for me even if it were big enough for all our disabilities stuff.

#72911 Reply

POPS

I have a beautiful BMW X1 XDIVE XLINE AUTO 25D.

I truly love this car …. but!

It was recovered on a transporter yesterday after flashing up a “low oil pressure, switch off engine immediately to avoid damage” message on the main screen.

This is the second time that I’ve had to have my car recovered to the dealer for what I believe are general maintenance issues.

My car has been telling me for the last 4500 miles that a service is overdue, and yet Motability have set an arbitrary two year first service requirement.

This is not the way to look after a new car, especially not a Motability lease car. My vehicle is used more gently than a ‘reps’ car and as a consequence builds up sludge in both the sump and the diesel particulate filter through the lack of long journeys. The two year first service stipulation must cause problems for a lot of Motability vehicles.

I added over four grands worth of extras to this car with the intention of buying it at the end of the lease, but due to my concerns about the possible long term damage to the car by the lack of maintenance this is no longer viable.

Has any one else had similar concerns about the delayed first service?

#72915 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

My 2.0 diesel alhambra had a service after 1 year at 15,000 miles, it won’t get another service until the lease is up and it will have done 45,000 miles by then, can’t be good for a car to do 30,000 miles on the same oil and filters but as I have no intention of buying after lease then it’s up to Motability if they want to risk damage to cars they will be trying to sell on for a profit, I can see it going bang at some stage and leaving either Mota or Seat with a massive bill for a replacement engine!

#72916 Reply

POPS

It’s obviously a cost saving strategy by Motability, but it’s potentially damaging.

#72931 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have a beautiful BMW X1 XDIVE XLINE AUTO 25D. I truly love this car …. but! It was recovered on a transporter yesterday after flashing up a “low oil pressure, switch off engine immediately to avoid damage” message on the main screen. This is the second time that I’ve had to have my car recovered to the dealer for what I believe are general maintenance issues. My car has been telling me for the last 4500 miles that a service is overdue, and yet Motability have set an arbitrary two year first service requirement. This is not the way to look after a new car, especially not a Motability lease car. My vehicle is used more gently than a ‘reps’ car and as a consequence builds up sludge in both the sump and the diesel particulate filter through the lack of long journeys. The two year first service stipulation must cause problems for a lot of Motability vehicles. I added over four grands worth of extras to this car with the intention of buying it at the end of the lease, but due to my concerns about the possible long term damage to the car by the lack of maintenance this is no longer viable. Has any one else had similar concerns about the delayed first service?

Pops you have added £4000 of extras hoping to purchase the car at the end of the lease. Personally I would bit the bullet and pay BMW for a 12 month oil change.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#72933 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

Interesting post. I have leased my present car with a view to a possible purchase at the end and it has 12month/10000 mile services, in reality 11000.  As I cover anything between 12-15000 miles a year I was concerned about the regular frequency until a close relative who works in the automobile sector put my mind at rest by pointing out the downfalls of 2 year servicing, particularly relating to regular oil changes. I hope your x1 is soon sorted and back with you.

#72936 Reply

Robert

Motability have to realise that s lot of modern cars have different service requirements and intervals from cars of the past. BMW have a conditional service system that tells both the driver and BMW (by sending vehicle data) what is needed. Its not just a BMW thing many manufacturers are moving over to this way of working.

If Motability are saying you can only get it serviced every 2 years that would mean my car would have done almost 40,000 miles before a service.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 69 total)
Reply To: BMW X1 XLine

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: