BMW Wait Times

• Creator
    Topic
  • #62111 Reply
    Adam

Hi All,

I’ve recently ordered a BMW 2 series coupe M sport. I’m told by the dealer that it will be available sometime early November. This is all the information I have for the minute.

Does anyone know if this time scale seems realistic or is it likely I’ll be getting it later. It’s my first new car and also my first motability car so fairly new to this.

The car was ordered on 16th September.

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130592 Reply
    Ali

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thank you for the advice glos guy.  I thought some fishy going on when i ordered it. But didnt question it because i managed to negotiate £500 off AP . I think ill drop her email tomorrow see what she has to say</p>

#130604 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Dave G, that’s great news. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it. Mine should be at the dealers next week.

#130616 Reply
    Addy

@dave g iv been givin the date for 4th dec but dont think it will come as iv been led on for quite some time now

#130617 Reply
    Zoe

My dealer contacted me today I’m due to pick up this weekend or Monday saying it is waiting for the transporter so not sure if it’s an issue at the port. To be honest if rather it was after this lockdown ends so I can have a proper handover so don’t mind waiting to Wednesday.

#130620 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Thank you Elliot. Saying that, you, should’ve received yours before me and everyone else!! Looks like Marshalls won’t be getting a good review. I will post a pic and let you know how it goes!

Yes Zoe I thought the exact same thing. All those days waiting but could’ve just had 2nd Dec in mind. I think the main problem lies in Thorne where they carry out the checks. Or even worse, the dealers decide and allocate each and every one of their vehicle order onto the transporter and deliver when they want it. There all frauds!

#130663 Reply
    Zoe

Oh mine never have me a closer date it was just because it was built early that he contacted me so I wouldn’t say he was a fraud but there has clearly been a hold up somewhere. To be fair I won’t be out in it much in winter anyway but id like to know so I don’t fill my current car and then end up handing it back with a full tank of fuel.

#130686 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

I collected my vehicle yesterday. The handover was horrible, I most certainly did not like the handover guy over at BMW. I mean what I don’t understand is why there is no harm in the dealer who you stay in contact with carry out the handover also?

Firstly, it was really quiet, I went in (had to wait for my dealer, have a temp check etc) the dealer was 10/10, calm collective, like he knew his customer and what was required! He kind enough stayed just to come and see me! To pass time on waiting around he even showed me the exterior of the car at the handover bay which was the handover person’s job of which he didn’t even bother asking to do!

So my dealer had to go and the handover dealer comes along, sits down. Cut to the chase, I asked him what the process of the GCB was and if he was going to carry out a pre inspection check on my previous vehicle knowing Motability had advised me as it was my first time and he turns around and says it’s Motability’s job not ours. I agreed and waited for the next step, so he gets up to go and check my previous vehicle? I was bemused. I sarcastically said that’s what I just asked you and you disagreed! Essentially he was just blaming Motability about everything but still got up and carried it out!

Now on to the payment. He asks for the full amount as mentioned on Motability’s price. I turned around and said no, me and my dealer honored an agreement and he also took a deposit. He was confused and said to me to wait whilst he confirmed it. I even heard him run back then slow down and start to walk like as if I didn’t hear him run which was really unprofessional. When he came back with the confirmation, his face went red and he just lost the plot! He tried to make me look like I was the idiot without any customer research!

I really do hate dealers like that who never put customers first, never do their customer research, who are so money orientated. I even knew more than him and he turns around and says I like it when customers do their research to save time. Erm more like YOU don’t know how to do your research.

So folks do please be careful when going to your handover. Ensure YOUR dealer is there, not the handover team. Also, make sure your discounts and deposits are honored and take no crap from them!

#130687 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

#130688 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Elliot, the drive is absolutely smooth, calm and quiet! You will love it! The sports steering wheel is soft and just so elegant. When you start the vehicle it sounds like something from an M3! (Well for me or maybe perhaps its my first petrol 😂). My favourite is the Android Auto and lane keeping assist. I was driving back and I must’ve went a little over the lane and the steering just inteferred and steered me back in lane!

Mine does need tinting and Motability have given me permission to have some light privacy glass. £320 sun protection glass from BMW was not worth it. Saying that, that shadowline effect on the edges does make it better than even tints are not required. The dealer did say I had a good taste in choice. The heated seats are just so hot, do be careful. Only problem I have is the roof lighting which I can’t seem to turn off but still getting to know the car!

#130696 Reply
    Zoe

Oh what a horrible experience, I didn’t know the dealer doesn’t do the handover. The car is beautiful, health to drive. Enjoy it after all the madness. Can’t wait for mine now

#130697 Reply
    Zoe

I did wonder if we would get android auto as i had read somewhere the X1 wasn’t getting it yet so good to know.

#130707 Reply
    Ali

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi Dave G.  Sorry to hear about your hand over which dealership did you get it from?  The car looks really nice.  Have you any photos of the inside? Did the lane keep assist come as standard?  When did you make your order ive been waiting since August</p>

#130708 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Dave G, that looks fantastic and glad you love it. I’ve always loved the 3 series and looks like this model is the best yet.

Can’t wait to get mine and hopefully it will be in the next week or so.

#130710 Reply
    file28
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Happy New Car</p>
    Shame about the handover

Enjoy your beemer

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#130717 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Hi Zoe, yes unfortunately in my scenario/experience my dealer couldn’t carry it out but without further ado, they will be getting a phone call from me to the manager/head office AND a 1 star review 😊. If they are that evil they would end up deleting my review. That’s sadly the world we’ve come to.

It pretty much depends on the dealership. At VW for my previous vehicle, the same dealer did the same handover for me which wasn’t a problem! Do confirm this but hey who knows your experience may be different to mine! Also, Android Auto for ID 7 software is now available so do not worry about it! Do confirm this just to be on the safe side. Thank you very much!

#130718 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Hi Ali, it was Sytner! Yes, the lane keep assist comes as standard. Great safety feature. You can turn this feature off as the car can get confused sometimes but I love it! There alot of features that come as standard, many of which I was surprised and you will be too! I just realised today I have got automatic boot lid opening as standard too! Did not pay a dime for it.

I will definitely post some pictures of the interior for you tomorrow. I ordered in mid July, arrived in the UK end of Oct but the delivery took forever! I think everybody is on the same boat with delivery.

#130719 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Elliot, you will absolutely love it! Only problem you may have is the side mirrors (you’ll get used to it) and getting out of the vehicle as the door sill/pillar tends to get in the way. Kind of like getting in and out of a BMW i8 😂. The mpg is great for me also! The boot is gigantic in my Touring and marvellous if you have a wheelchair!

File28, it’s common mate, I know for a fact I would never treat my customers like this and thank you very much!

#130725 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I love the Touring @Dave G but my wife who also drives the car says it’s too big for her.

#130769 Reply
    Zoe

picked up my car today, service was very good (as well as it could be with covid). The person who sold me the car was the one who done the handover. He even stayed back as we were late. Car was exactly what we ordered, although there were 200 miles on the clock but that’s a minor issue. It literally got off the transporter and we took it away. There is no android auto in the X1 and my phone doesn’t fit the wireless charger which is annoying but we only got that package for the reversing camera so not too annoyed and the dealer even said he hasn’t seen the wireless charger like this one as it’s obviously changed. All in all a good experience and a lovely car to drive. 

#130789 Reply
    Lou

that sounds great but what’s the reason for the miles before collection? Can you upload some pics incl the car charging bit please? Mines not due until the end of March and I’m worrying as Iv recently been booked for major surgery (date to be confirmed) also did you pay all advance payment and extras upon collection?

Many thanks lou

#130813 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Finally got my handover date, 13th December which is a Sunday. The dealership are doing the handover themselves.

#130816 Reply
    Addy

@daveg looks gorgeous in that colour, finally some good news i collect mine tmrow at 3:30 cant wait

#130857 Reply
    Pudsey
    Participant

Finally got my handover date, 13th December which is a Sunday. The dealership are doing the handover themselves.

Pleased for you Elliot, sure it will have been worth the wait. I picked up my 220i auto Active Tourer at the end of July and love it. The combination of 193 bhp and the lovely auto box makes driving a pleasure.

#130863 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Thanks Pudsey. Glad you are enjoying your car, the BMW auto box is a joy.

#130987 Reply
    Ali

Hi DaveG did you manage to take any photos of the inside . Still waiting for mine ordered mid August.  Cant wait

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 235 total)
Reply To: BMW Wait Times
Your information: