BMW Wait Times

• Creator
    Topic
  • #62111 Reply
    Adam

Hi All,

I’ve recently ordered a BMW 2 series coupe M sport. I’m told by the dealer that it will be available sometime early November. This is all the information I have for the minute.

Does anyone know if this time scale seems realistic or is it likely I’ll be getting it later. It’s my first new car and also my first motability car so fairly new to this.

The car was ordered on 16th September.

Viewing 19 replies - 176 through 194 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129667 Reply
    Zoe

I ordered my BMW X1 end of May, was initially told September/October that was put when when ordered to 5th December. I contacted BMW live chat who said it was due to be built the start of November. I contacted them again and it had been built and would be delivered this week. My dealer also contacted me because it was on the way. I’m assuming it’ll be another week by the time it is registered etc but it was built earlier than expected. I had extras also. Get your order number from your dealer and go onto BMW live chat they are very good. If the dealer won’t give the order number then it would seem it wasn’t assigned a slot and will take longer but lockdown has had an effect and most cars seem to be taking 6 months

#129683 Reply
    Tyrone

Thanks Zoe I will ask for a build number again but I don’t hold out much hope

#129749 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Zoe I don’t believe a single word the dealer say about Lockdown as logistics are essential. My order is built and is in the UK since 27th of Oct. The question is what is going on from there. Everybody else seem to be getting theirs earlier and delivered within a week as soon as it is at entry port. Especially when they’re quoted Feb 2021!

Live chat only update you on the vehicle itself. The dealer is the one who has all the info and control! They choose when they want it delivered. Mine responded to as they’re waiting on 10 other vehicle so why should we have to suffer and wait on the others! If its built earlier then deliver it also, rather rotting it away, not rocket science for them. Hope yours gets moving quick!

#129976 Reply
    Zoe

I would definitely get onto the dealer and if no joy speak to motability. To wait a month because they want other cars is a bit much. Mine is now in the country and I pick it up next week.

#129991 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Yes I agree Zoe a month is taking the absolute mick! See this is what I mean, you’re another member who has received theirs after a week! I am going to ring Motability first thing tomorrow morning. I am sick of it.

#129995 Reply
    Addy

I spoke to a bmw genius today about my bmw 3 series sport that i ordered in july and just had news that it is in the uk but i still have to wait til the 2nd of december to get the car, absolute joke, its been over 4 months that iv been waiting

#129996 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

But why is that Addy? Live chat have not once mentioned anything about a delay to myself. In another thread some have mentioned a delay at the Felixstowe Port but that shouldn’t be a problem also. Have you spoke with your dealer? There seems to be no specific answer.

#130062 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Just rang Motability up Zoe and they have been no help. The lady on the phone said it has nothing to do with us until you have entered your pin as the contract would be binding at that moment. She is kind of right tbf but time is of the essence here. If I had expected this then I could’ve just waited until 2nd Dec (which looks it now). Dealers are one of the biggest lying frauds out there. Rare to find the honest and committed ones out there. Hope your handover goes well Zoe!

#130064 Reply
    matt

i know its not bmw but my cla was at zeebrugge thursday and today its in the uk ready to go to the dealers i dont know what port bmw ship from but theres not a problem i can see with zeebrugge

#130097 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Ordered my 3 series in June and have been told by the dealer it’s on the boat from Mexico. Contacted BMW to verify this but they haven’t bothered getting back to me.

#130105 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Yes Elliot you are one of the many few who is also being mistreated and deserves to know answers. I remember you ordered in June. You should’ve had yours by last month! What are Marshalls playing at. Have you tried the Live Chat? Mine started off smooth and now delivery is the only problem.

#130150 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

Lets not forget these are unusual times and any business is having to deal with problems they have never encountered before. Mexico? , not surprised things have been delayed tbh. I think we should perhaps be a little more tolerant when it comes to wait times etc. I agree it is very frustrating but these really are very ‘1st world’ problems.

#130162 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@RICHARD WAITES, yes I do understand the situation but what I don’t understand is why does the dealer give me a different story every time I call them and why have people who ordered their car after me received theirs a month ago. I am tolerant but what I won’t accept are lies and BS.

As for BMW live chat, they were supposed to get back to me last week but heard nothing from them.

I now see why people say Motability customers are bottom of the list with dealers. Never had any problems when I was a private customer.

#130180 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@RICHARD WAITES, yes I do understand the situation but what I don’t understand is why does the dealer give me a different story every time I call them and why have people who ordered their car after me received theirs a month ago. I am tolerant but what I won’t accept are lies and BS. As for BMW live chat, they were supposed to get back to me last week but heard nothing from them. I now see why people say Motability customers are bottom of the list with dealers. Never had any problems when I was a private customer.

I would feel exactly the same as you Elliot. I had the same when we ordered our current Tiguan. The VW dealer did nothing and left me to do all the chasing. All I can say is that the 3 Series will be a car well worth waiting for. I’ve had 4 or 5 of them over the years and they are great cars. The new one will be far better than the ones I had. I shall look forward to hearing about how you find it when it arrives. It’s top of my shortlist for when we change in Q1, but it will all depend on whether or not my wife can get in and out of it OK. If not, it’s another SUV and neither of us are convinced by the X1.

#130186 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

@Glos Guy, this will be my 6th 3 series and I’ve loved them all. It will be interesting to see if it will be better than the 4 series I’ve had as that was a fantastic car. I’m just so annoyed with the dealer who has been nothing short of useless all the way through the process. Initially they forgot to place my order and tried to blame Motability which sums things up.

#130196 Reply
    Zoe

Yes I agree when they lie to you it is frustrating and you have every right to be annoyed, coronovirus or not they could at least just be honest then you wouldn’t be waiting you’d know it’s not going to be before December 2nd. Yes I have been lucky that my dealer has been quite good and honest with what’s going on. Hopefully you get some truth soon.

#130222 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Finally heard from BMW. Firstly they said the car was still at the factory in Mexico then when I queried this the guy said no it appears it is now in the UK and will be at the dealership w/c 1st December.

#130259 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

I still think it’s a very ‘1st world’ problem.

#130354 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Finally that is some great news Elliot.

I finally found an BMW online genius who gave me a more explanatory answer compared to his colleagues. “So Southampton is the UK Port where the cars normally arrive. Then your new BMW gets taken over to Thorne which is where the pre-delivery inspection checks are carried out”.

Viewing 19 replies - 176 through 194 (of 194 total)
Reply To: BMW Wait Times
Your information: