BMW Wait Times

This topic contains 166 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Trev 3 days, 16 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #62111 Reply

Adam

Hi All,

I’ve recently ordered a BMW 2 series coupe M sport. I’m told by the dealer that it will be available sometime early November. This is all the information I have for the minute.

Does anyone know if this time scale seems realistic or is it likely I’ll be getting it later. It’s my first new car and also my first motability car so fairly new to this.

The car was ordered on 16th September.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #63580 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

Oh my, oh my….@Adam, it’s so close that you could feasibly drive to the docks and take a look at your new car!

You’re not that excited, huh…? lol

#63612 Reply

Adam

The thought has passed through my mind many times! Got the mrs to keep me on track though luckily, with my luck I’ll be driving down to Southampton while my car is driving back up in the opposite direction.

Need to start booking my half day off work soon though.

#63630 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

Half day? Half day off!?

Go big or go home!

Take the whole day off. 😀

#63634 Reply

Adam

Haha, I had a half day I took off work earlier this year and have been waiting for an opportunity to take the other half off when needed. In fact I’m pretty sure I’m only getting this motability car so I have a good enough reason for myself to use this half day.

Truth is out, it’s been about the half day since the very beginning. The car is just a cover story.

#63638 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

Elaborate cover story for a half day off… 🤔

…works for me!

#63665 Reply

Brydo

I remember I used to work, I prefer not to now lol.

#63767 Reply

FlyingScotsman
    Participant

My latest update states the car is now “at sea”, rewatching every YouTube video of the Gran Tourer in anticipation.

#63769 Reply

Adam

I know that feeling flyingscotsman, my car is officially at the dealer now and handover on Wednesday 31st!

#63770 Reply

FlyingScotsman
    Participant

Wednesday! That’s so cool

#63774 Reply

garry
    Participant

My latest update is also at sea  FlyingScotsman, looks like ours are on the same boat 😀

Wednesday oh wow Adam bet you’re getting really excited now!

#63777 Reply

boomarang
    Participant

Hands up yes I have watched every You-Tube BMW Tourer review.

Sad I know but I also now know and understand every build stage, what port the car departs from, and even the name of the ship it was on.

I even found myself following the ship after it had dropped the car off.

I must get out more 🙂

Roll on Wed handover Day

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  boomarang.
    #63779 Reply

Adam

Yes very excited for Wednesday! Now I just need to look for accessories for the car, car fresheners etc! Already downloaded the bmw connected app!

#63780 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

I will freely admit that I am a tiny bit envious of you guys.

The latest update for my order was a day ago and reads:
    BMW Genius – “Your beautiful BMW 220dxSport Active Tourer has a current status of Confirmed by Production Control. Delivery for your vehicle is in week 47 which is the week commencing November 19, 2018”

Sadly, even though the car may well be arriving with my dealer earlier than expected, I still won’t be able to collect the vehicle until my existing lease is up on Dec 10th. I phoned Motability to ask whether it would be a possibility but was told I would have to cancel my existing contract early which would cost me the Good Condition Bonus and an early termination fee, which for the sake of two weeks or so is simply not worth it.

#63781 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

@Adam, so you’d spoil the new car smell with the smell of artificial sandalwood or artificial lemon or other such odour? ;D

#63782 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

Hey @boomarang, was it BMW Genius that told you the name of the ship?

Thanks in advance.

#63784 Reply

garry
    Participant

Me too boomerang  watched them  severalteen times 😂

Exciting times…….soon be Wednesday!

#63785 Reply

FlyingScotsman
    Participant

Missus is allergic to just about every ingredient in air fresheners, so we have to made do with opening a window every time the the kids get in.

#63786 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

Dunno why but I find that really funny. 😂

#63790 Reply

boomarang
    Participant

I researched which port the BMW Active tourer was being shipped out of (Bremerhaven) and then once Bmw Genius told me that it was at E.U port I looked at vehicle carrier ships in that port that had a destination ( in my case ) of Southampton  ( sat at EU port for 9 days ) From actual factory build day to handover was 31 days

( The carrier ship was held up for an hour due to the shipping incident that made headlines involving the passenger ferry off the  I.O.W )

When I heard about the Ferry incident I was already aware that the carrier ship the Arabian Breeze was chugging along the Solent but I must admit I was more worried in case my car had sunk to the bottom of the Solent  than the welfare of the craft/people that had been hit.

Glad to say all/everyone was well

This link will show all shipping traffic by name and also which ship is in port or at sea. ( just select a ship and click on map position below the pic)

https://www.vesselfinder.com/

#63806 Reply

FlyingScotsman
    Participant
    #63809 Reply

boomarang
    Participant

FlyingScotsman

Estimate you both could have your cars by the 9/10th of Nov

Best to ring your dealer now and ask to choose your reg

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  boomarang.
    #63811 Reply

Adam

good point! I guess I’m just excited! My first ever motability car

#63815 Reply

garry
    Participant

Thanks FlyingScotsman. Due in early tomorrow morning😀 Will check with bmw genius tomorrow afternoon and see if they update the status to match!

#63816 Reply

garry
    Participant

Even more exciting then being your first!

Although to be honest it doesn’t get much less exciting to get a new car anytime if you love cars 😀

#63832 Reply

FlyingScotsman
    Participant

Seems I was wrong, here in uk already

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 166 total)
Reply To: BMW Wait Times

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: