BMW Wait Times

This topic contains 166 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Trev 3 days, 16 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #62111 Reply

Adam

Hi All,

I’ve recently ordered a BMW 2 series coupe M sport. I’m told by the dealer that it will be available sometime early November. This is all the information I have for the minute.

Does anyone know if this time scale seems realistic or is it likely I’ll be getting it later. It’s my first new car and also my first motability car so fairly new to this.

The car was ordered on 16th September.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #63098 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

I agree, re. KESSY (Keyless Entry & Keyless Start). I like and am totally behind the keyless start but they really need to work on the keyless entry part of the technology. Therefore, I too am glad NOT to have keyless entry but happy to have keyless start.

I see you have the 220d engine which comes with the 8 Speed Sport AT ‘box, how do you find the gear changes at slow speeds, such as creeping in traffic in 1st/2nd/3rd/etc.? Are they smooth or a little hesitant/choppy?

#63101 Reply

garry
    Participant

Thanks Rapster, so do I.

#63103 Reply

garry
    Participant

Hi Flying Scotsman, sorry I somehow managed to miss your reply.

Hope all goes well, I know what you mean definitely starting to feel real!

#63130 Reply

fred

Interesting question!

I haven’t had an auto box since the late 1980’s/ early 1990’s. I doesn’t seem want to creep from stationary as much as the older boxes did. A bit strange when the auto stop has kicked in and the engine starts and the auto box kicks in at the same time.

It is very smooth – in my limited experience – and the kickdown is superb! It even has the paddles on the steering column for up and down but all I haven’t worked out how to use them yet; not sure I ever will TBH.

#63133 Reply

fred

NO offence. PIP.

The “HUD” isn’t quite a HUD, it is a plastic screen between the steering wheel and the windscreen that is projected on. Comes up as a free option on the 220d Lux x drive Gran Tourer (not sure about other models), if you tick the free BMW Navigation Plus box. The option is “Head-up display”.

#63136 Reply

garry
    Participant

I hate the stop/start with auto boxes, my last two cars Volvo V40 and Audi Q3 both have it. Literally the first thing I do before setting off is disable it.

It really has caused me some anxious moments when slowing down and nearly stopping  enough for it to just go in shut-off mode,  then lagging before restart kicks in when I want to re-accellerate quickly again at a roundabout for instance.

I suppose it depends on driving style though.

#63140 Reply

Adam

Great to hear your updates Garry, I still don’t have any codes yet to follow up on mine, but my dealer is now saying I’ll have the car “very end of October”, which will be great if true!

#63147 Reply

garry
    Participant

Fingers crossed for you Adam that is terrific news!

Just ask your dealer for the 7 digit  bmw order number they definitely have it, tell them you want to track the stages of build online with it.

(edit corrected.6 to 7 digit)

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  garry.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  garry. Reason: 6 changed to 7 digit
    #63155 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Thank you rapster.

#63227 Reply

Adam

Update on my vehicle. It is at the docks! haven’t confirmed if that’s in the UK or Germany, I’m guessing it’s UK as the car is due for delivery end of October!

#63229 Reply

garry
    Participant

Yayy that’s great news not long now! 😁

#63272 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

Adam, I bet you’re getting excited now!

I would’ve loved to get the Coupe but have to be all sensible this time round so I ordered the 2AT.

(Part of me wishes I’d have said to hell with it and ordered the 2 Series Convertible. That’s the part which always gets me in trouble though… 😂)

#63274 Reply

Phil

I never even test drove then bmw 2 series grand tourer as they didn’t have the spec mobility offer or the seats? Or the new engines and digital dash lay out on there rest car, so it was a waste of time, but as you’d expect from a bmw it drove well.

But I like to try the car I’m buying before ordering, not take the salesman’s word.

Without doubt the best info tainment system and general lay out though

let’s hope they stay truer too there word over delivery times, mine said 12-14 weeks  for the 2.0 petrol lux auto

But as said they only had an m sport demo ?

#63299 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

I was under the impression that the HUD was part of the Tech Pack… 🤔

Might be different for the Gran Tourer as I only have experience of the Active Tourer. On the Active Tourer, the only way to get the HUD (code 610) was to have the Tech Pack (code ZBT), which would’ve been an extra cost of £1,260, which was a little too much for me on top of the £1,499 AP. I thought it was expensive for what it offered…or I’m too cheap. lol

Thanks for the info though. 👍

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Rapster.
    #63301 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

The older Start/Stop (S/S) system on VAG’s was horrible from the standpoint of the engine would only restart when you pressed the accelerator, which as you point out, can be quite frustrating and not to mention scary at roundabouts or junctions as it took a moment or two for the engine to start and transmission to engage.

Thankfully, things have changed and most manufacturer implementations of S/S with Auto ‘box (I’ve personally tried: BMW, VW, Skoda, Mazda, Toyota and one or two others) now have the engine start as soon as you remove your foot off the brake, which means the engine has started and transmission engaged before you press the accelerator.

This has made the S/S much safer and intuitive and I believe behaves as close as possible to the manual version of said system. I tested an Audi which had the annoying (and less safe) S/S system where the engine restarted when pressing the accelerator and it was awful. I’d never understood why a friend complained about it until trying it for myself. The new way S/S works is perfectly acceptable and performs exactly as you would not only expect but also safely and reliably.

Then again, some people just hate S/S. Like my friend. 🙂

#63306 Reply

FlyingScotsman
    Participant

Love reading everyone’s updates on their cars, helps the time fly by.

I’ve prob spoken to Karan more than some of my close family recently.

Latest update is

#63312 Reply

garry
    Participant

Agree about reading the updates and speaking to Karan too FlyingScotsman.

I notice We’ve  been given the same delivery dates hopefully will be on the same  boat 😀

#63331 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

I wouldn’t be surprised if you get yours a week late due to calling that bloke ‘Karen’… 😉 lol

#63333 Reply

Rapster
    Participant

Congrats guys, @flyingscotsman and @garry! Not long to go now…

Remember to keep us updated and when you get your new cars you can pop down to Bromsgrove for a cup of tea and allow me to look over your P&J’s…

(Damn, I’m feeling a little jealous… 🤔)

#63357 Reply

garry
    Participant

Haha 😂 Totally innocent me ………..that predictive typing gets me in all sorts of trouble though, especially when I try to type without my bins on. 😗 lol

#63377 Reply

boomarang
    Participant

Current BMW BUILD/DELIVERY TIMELINE FOR

BMW ACTIVE 220I SPORT TOURER

CAR ORDERED WEEK 24

Car built on the 1/10/2018

Sat at E.U dock till 19/10/2018

SET SAIL FOR SOUTHAMPTON ON THE ARABIAN BREEZE 20/10/2018

Dealer handover WEEK 44 …  31/10/2018

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  boomarang.
    #63494 Reply

garry
    Participant

Nice @boomarang not long now nearly with you 😀

#63496 Reply

garry
    Participant

My latest update………I’m getting less sceptical by the update lol

#63522 Reply

FlyingScotsman
    Participant

Checked mine an hour ago and got exactly same update.

My dealers on course this week so can’t get vin number until he comes back.

#63529 Reply

Adam

Great news Garry. I finally have a VIN for my car, I’m told it’s in Southampton at the moment! Getting exciting!

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 166 total)
Reply To: BMW Wait Times

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: