BMW I4

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m sure all of you who have one on order, have been eagerly waiting (as of I) for Q1 24 to see what will be updated… and now the msport is available! (With 3 different packs too).

now the question on my head. If we want to switch to the msport model with the dealer, will they have to raise a whole new order with the factory, or will they be able to trim msport with the original factory slot?

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 521 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      AKX
      Participant

Had an unusual call from the dealer today just before I got to collect the i4 saying that the price of the M Sport Pro pack has gone up so therefore I have to pay the extra fee for it even though it is a fixed payment on Motability (£6749) and the contract was signed from both ends including the amount of AP remaining.

I had to argue with him because the prices are exactly the same as they were in Jan and it seems like they want to charge me Q2 price on a car I ordered in August… so it seems like AP will rise but I will not be paying a single penny above what I already agreed on! Do not let them have their way it’s unfair.

Mm7
        Participant

@AKX thats ridiculous.

how much extra were they asking from you.??

something definitely going on esp with what you said aswell as Ayzee’s post about the pro pack.

i wonder if the i4 AP will go even more up in the next quarter/april again

Ryan
          Participant

Strange, the pro packs price doesn’t seem to have changed on the configurator for new orders from retail customers

AKX
            Participant

They are asking for an extra £250 so essentially the Pro pack is £6999, but I have said I will not be paying the extra amount as it was never informed to me and we have already signed and agreed on a contract for a fixed price. Even when APs have gone up in the past for any vehicle it doesn’t change your AP if you have already ordered beforehand. Motability has not changed their prices on the scheme nor has the prices changed on the BMW config, so where is this coming from?

I am collecting tomorrow so let’s see what happens, but I will definitely fight my case.

kezo
              Participant

They are asking for an extra £250 so essentially the Pro pack is £6999, but I have said I will not be paying the extra amount as it was never informed to me and we have already signed and agreed on a contract for a fixed price. Even when APs have gone up in the past for any vehicle it doesn’t change your AP if you have already ordered beforehand. Motability has not changed their prices on the scheme nor has the prices changed on the BMW config, so where is this coming from? I am collecting tomorrow so let’s see what happens, but I will definitely fight my case.

There is something certainly amiss here, as Motability rules say you lock in a price when ordering.

Any issues give Motability a ring.

JohnK
                Participant

@Akx
                  Have you or they added tinted windows as that works out at £250 on that build not sure why it’s £350 on sport though for same thing.

LordMuc
                  Participant

@matt, do you have a home charger as well?  Or just charge from station chargers.

Matt
                    Participant

@LordMuc I had an Ohme charger fitted and Since picking the car up I’ve only needed to charge at home as I’ve only drove locally. I’m just about to do a write up on my issues on another thread so I won’t go into detail here. But if you have any questions, please ask.

AKX
                      Participant

@Johnk No I haven’t added the privacy glass, since I’m going to do it myself. It has nothing to do with other packages it’s specifically the M Sport Pro that’s supposedly increased in price.

JohnK
                        Participant

@akx

Strange as far as i know price is locked in I ordered sport when ap was lower and they are not asking for anymore.

I have had a few cars that have gone up after ordering and no dealer has ever asked for increase.

Check your online account will have the ap you agreed to there.

Mm7
                          Participant

@AKX how did you get on at your dealers? Did you have to pay the extra or were you able to get out of it.

look forward to pictures of your car and review

AKX
                            Participant

@Mm7 I went in today and they cleared the additional fee, there wasn’t any reason behind it he just said I didn’t need to pay for it after speaking to the manager yesterday after our phone call. I was also told I’m eligible for good car condition payment which is a great bonus! It can be up to £900 returned back.

The car is very fast you have to be careful for drivers always switching lanes dangerously an old man almost crashed into me 5 mins out the dealer because he wanted to rush home and didn’t check his mirror to see me.

It went very well and was also provided with the 3-pin socket cable too, and pre-requested to remove the e35 badge and leave only the i4 which was done before I got there. To everyone waiting the car is everything you need and the back is actually long and spacious. Takes a lil while to learn the new idrive but you’ll get the hang of it, overall good experience at the dealer and a long 8 month wait but worth it. The only car that looked better was the M4 haha.

yasir247
                              Participant

@AKX

Hows the drive on your new car? Is it msport pro pack? Could you uploaded some photos we are looking forward to seeing your car. I have gone for msport pro pack & tech.

Mikeydarlo
                                Participant

well I got my i4 this time last week, and it’s not as clean as it is in this day one photo

Mikeydarlo
                                  Participant

Matt
                                    Participant

Congratulations Mikey, looks great.

Mikeydarlo
                                      Participant

It is nice, I was nervous because I’ve always been mid sized hatchback so it was a step up in size but when you’re going forward you don’t feel it, apart from the turning circle been bigger, caught me out pulling into parking bays a couple times and I’ve had to readjust.

my other main thing of note is it absorbs the pot holes so well, my step farther has an S class merc and it’s as good as that.  The flip side of that is on an undulating country road , where tree roots have made the road uneven it can feel a little choppy especially when accelerating but on a smooth road it handles well.

Mikeydarlo
                                        Participant

Also it’s the first car for me with Android auto which I really like and decided it was worth signing up for Spotify, something I’ve never used before and I found this bargain workaround.  You’ll need a vpn and be a little tech savvy but I scored 18month of Spotify for under £20.  Feel free to delete this post if not allowed but just thought it might be useful for folks .

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/spotify-premium-individual-indian-ps1820-for-18-months-vpn-required-4270823#comments

Matt
                                          Participant

The good thing about the car is you don’t need your phone with you to use Spotify as it has its own app. I tend to forget my phone quite often and if I’m only going out for a short trip it’s good not having to get out the car and go back inside to get it just to listen to music. I agree over the ride quality. I have some big long speed bums I have to travel over everyday and in the cla you had to literally crawl across them but in the i4 it just floats over them, if you give it a bit of gas, we’ll press the accelerator as you’re coming off them it levels the car and you hardly feel them. You get used to the turning circle, but it does catch you out at first especially reversing into a parking space.

The rear bumper of the car gets really dirty and when you use the screenwash because it’s on the wipers it can drip onto the drivers window. But if they’re the only quibbles I’ve got after over 3 weeks then I’m happy.

Participant

looks stunning in Sanremo green👍

Motabilty Cars:
                                              My 15 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Black Pearl
                                              My 18 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Juro White pearl
                                              My 21 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic Safety White
                                              My 24 BMW i4 Msport pro/tech Brooklyn Grey Metallic (on order)

Mikeydarlo
                                              Participant

The good thing about the car is you don’t need your phone with you to use Spotify as it has its own app. I tend to forget my phone quite often and if I’m only going out for a short trip it’s good not having to get out the car and go back inside to get it just to listen to music. I agree over the ride quality. I have some big long speed bums I have to travel over everyday and in the cla you had to literally crawl across them but in the i4 it just floats over them, if you give it a bit of gas, we’ll press the accelerator as you’re coming off them it levels the car and you hardly feel them. You get used to the turning circle, but it does catch you out at first especially reversing into a parking space. The rear bumper of the car gets really dirty and when you use the screenwash because it’s on the wipers it can drip onto the drivers window. But if they’re the only quibbles I’ve got after over 3 weeks then I’m happy.

that’s interesting re Spotify app, I never noticed it, is it just in the infotainment apps menu?  How does it work regarding streaming and data if you haven’t got your phone with you?

yes rear bumper filthy lol

AKX
                                                Participant

@Everyone Some of you guys have been waiting to see the M Sport Pro i4, I wanted to share this picture with you guys, I’ve also added the visibility pack with laser lights, don’t mind the grey highlighted marks for personal privacy.

I still need to add tints but this is how it came from showroom. 🔥

AKX
                                                  Participant

Hope you guys like it!

Participant

Gorgeous, that’s the colour m sport I’ve ordered, can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Motabilty Cars:
                                                      My 15 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Black Pearl
                                                      My 18 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Juro White pearl
                                                      My 21 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Dynamic Safety White
                                                      My 24 BMW i4 Msport pro/tech Brooklyn Grey Metallic (on order)

Mikeydarlo
                                                      Participant

Very nice indeed.  I must check the lights setting in mine tomorrow, I’ve only driven once in the dark so far and got flashed 4 times, they seemed very bright.  You won’t have that problem with laser lights

Viewing 25 replies - 426 through 450 (of 521 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.