BMW I4

• Creator
    Topic
    Ryan
    Participant

I’m sure all of you who have one on order, have been eagerly waiting (as of I) for Q1 24 to see what will be updated… and now the msport is available! (With 3 different packs too).

now the question on my head. If we want to switch to the msport model with the dealer, will they have to raise a whole new order with the factory, or will they be able to trim msport with the original factory slot?

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 547 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      pauld
      Participant

Hi Matt ,,i only got 1 cable too (all bmw now just 1 cable)also in sport no side seat bolster switch originally was supposed to be included.

Matt
        Participant
          1. @pauld I received two cables so that was a bonus, I don’t think I’ll ever use it though. I knew about the seats and had previously mentioned it. If anyone’s interested the socket for the wheel nuts is under the cubby hole on the left side of the boot, the one with the net the plastic at the bottom lifts up and the socket and attachment for towing is there. Hope this helps
          yasir247
          Participant

Hi

Did you receive this with you Bmw I4 Flexible Charging Cable (Mode
            2)?

Mikeydarlo
            Participant

So apparently you can change the wake up command for the voice controls, so rather than saying  “ok bmw” you can make it what you want.  So is anyone going to change it and what to?

im considering HAL from 2001 space odyssey

or ORAC from Blake’s 7

haha

72 dudes
              Participant

72 dudes
                Participant

72 dudes
                  Participant

Arrived last Friday, loving it and the colour combination!

More in depth review under New Car First Impressions thread.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by 72 dudes.
                    Participant

looks very beemerish. nice; too low for me tho.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                      Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

1961keightley
                      Participant

Same here was hoping for mid March delivery but 12 day shipping put a hold to that

didn’t realise that the i4 35 model is built in America 🇺🇸

mine sat on the docks in Charleston 😩

don’t trust what the dealers say

just chatted to bmw genius car built in Munich  germany delivery week 13 👍

Mm7
                        Participant

Whaaat why america? I thought it was built at the munich plant.
                          has everyone else had their orders built in america too?

AKX
                          Participant

I’m pretty sure mine was built in Germany, I guess it depends on the dealer group, as far as I know cars from Berry BMW come from Europe. I see a lot of people getting their sport models now, has anyone collected the M Sport trim yet?

kezo
                            Participant

35 model built in Munich for both European and American market.

1961keightley
                              Participant

1st digit of vin number is the country of manufacture

1-4 America

w   Germany

look at your vins let’s see where they came from

still waiting for ours

kezo
                                Participant

1st digit of vin number is the country of manufacture 1-4 America w Germany look at your vins let’s see where they came from still waiting for ours

Where have you got it manufactured in America from?

BMW doesn’t manufacture the i4 in (N) America, it is built at the Munich plant and shipped over.

https://www.electrive.com/2022/08/02/bmw-introduces-entry-level-i4-edrive35-in-the-usa/

kezo
                                  Participant

The i4 is also built in Munich for the UK and rest of European market.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/united-kingdom/article/detail/T0409585EN_GB/the-bmw-i4-edrive35-can-now-be-ordered-in-the-uk

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by kezo.
                                    yasir247
                                    Participant

ask your local bmw dealership to match the deals.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by yasir247.
                                      yasir247
                                      Participant

My advice will be test drive the Bmw I4 at your local dealership but place the order in leeds.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by yasir247.
                                        1961keightley
                                        Participant

Dealer

car has code 182 ready for delivery 29 feb

not getting it til end of March

I thought they were from Munich

Mm7
                                          Participant

I think its abit ridiculous and waste of money to ship the car from usa to uk when germany is closer. The american plant should cater for behicles being delivered to that side of the world

i asked genius about my order which is an m sport and is to be built on week of 18 march and they said until it goes to code 150 they wont know which factory it has been assigned to.

72 dudes
                                            Participant

Mine’s definitely a Munich build 😆

Participant

american one could either be a misprint or i suppose it might have got shipped to usa by mistake..

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                                                Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

Participant

@72-dudes Gorgeous mate! Good luck with it.  I changed my order to the Skyscraper Grey a while back and looking at yours I’m glad I did. My car is in production atm.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Avatar photobudest.
                                                  Mikeydarlo
                                                  Participant

Hi anyone confirm that the sport i4 with tech pack comes with parking assistant? ie it parks itself.

Also does it have something called reversing assistance where it can reverse back the route you just drove if selected

Matt
                                                    Participant

@Mikeydarlo Yes it comes with park assist and reverse assistant which when you stop if you select reverse assistant it will reverse back over the route you drove for 55 yards. I’ve only had a little play with it but I think it could help if for example you’re driving down a single lane country road and had to reverse for oncoming traffic.  Hope this helps

Mikeydarlo
                                                      Participant

Excellent thanks, good to know and I agree reverse assistance could be handy, especially at the hospital I attend lol.

Do you know if you can use what3words for navigation?

I have it in my A class and it’s really useful for pinpointing exactly where u want to navigate to.  It’s a voice command and I was wondering it it worked in the BMW.   I usually say “hey Mercedes, navigate to what three words” and then the destination words.

Viewing 25 replies - 376 through 400 (of 547 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.