BMW I-3 ON SCHEME NOW

• Creator
    Topic
    jamesg

BMW   I-3   on scheme   now  one for Brydo  and Ian ?  whats happening  and  Shawn

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 108 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brydo
      Participant

https://chargenow.chargemasterplc.com sorry guys try this.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
        Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Participant

Great news the i3 is now on the scheme,i would have definitely gone for one of these six months ago if they had been available.The Mini Phev we have is a fab car but a full EV would have suited us even better.

Brydo
          Participant

Eame 64 in two and a half years time, when you can change, there will be a number of  Bev’s on the scheme I.e. plenty of choice.

Oscarmax
            Participant

Shawn you can get the box fitted, free, and if you dont want to use it just use your “granny plug”. At least you have it to use in the future.

The sim card is an option you do not have to take it.

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4350

Anonymous

Thanks Oscarmax! so there can be contracts attached and monitoring,its not just me wearing a tinfoil hat?

Oscarmax
                Participant

Shawn I use the PHEV forum you do not have to have the sim card option many don’t it only to collect data, just go for a standard fast charger.

If you go onto Chargemasters site you will some of the charging points are free and others are 11 pence + VAT kWh.

Adam

Well I’ve done it, visited showroom this morning and told the sales person that unfortunately it’s not right for us at the present time.

Yes I could have lived with only using public chargers, yes I could have lived with paying extra for all the extras that you like in a car but even after your suggestions off transporting the wheelchair, I just cannot live with the boot size.

This car is a game changer for motability and hopefully other manufacturers will take notice of what BMW have done and include their cars with sensible advance payments.

Just finally, Louis Walsh was a great salesman at BMW Croydon, had all the time in the world to discuss the car and options and understood our position regarding the car. He was a refreshing change from others we have dealt with over the last month but that is for a different thread…..

adam

mitch
                    Participant

it is its main drawback for those that need wheelchairs or scooters as aids. i am fortunate that i am not there yet and dont have the need to accomodate wife,children etc so for me its huge lol. lets hope as electric vehicles improve so does the size to accomodate the needs of those that need mechanical assistance.

Slambo
                      Participant

I will be visiting my local bmw dealer next week with my sister and will find out if the sports version is worth the extra AP. I know the standard version has the most range and from looking online seems to be the best pick but I will definitely test the standard and the sports versions over the next couple of months and then give my opinion while placing my order. If I actually really like the standard version I shall actually place my order in the next two weeks so I can then give my full opinion and later a review. Do have a big family but we like the idea of going all electric for now managed to persuade them.

jamesg

Look  forward  to  all the  reviews

Brydo
                          Participant

Best Home energy EV rates as of June 2019

JS
                            Participant

@Brydo It’s amazing since about 10 days ago I said about companies advertising on tv car electricity just how many more I’ve seen or billboards and even on the side of buses, there seems to be a national push in that direction.

Brydo
                              Participant

A lot of them are a bit slow in tracking what’s happening in the real world JS. Now it is clear that EVs are THE next big thing and lots of electricity will be needed they are belatedly coming to the market.

in the future there will be many changes to the electricity supply market. For instance there is no reason, once motability have 600,000 + EVs, that we sell our electricity to the grid for profit. It would be the equivalent of a power generator of  30,000,000 kwh.

wmcforum
                                Which Mobility Car

@Brydo

How does one take advantage of the cheaper ‘Economy 7’ rates when charging a car?

Does the Wallbox BMW offer make it possible to do this? Are you able to set a timer for when the car starts charging or do you gave to get up in the middle of the night and plug the car in?

Footloose

maybe a silly question but does the off peak apply to all electrical devices as I see some discount applied to customers but I assume the grid does not identify that your charging your car as opposed to another electrical product or does it?

Ian

All on an App!

Car can be set to charge when electricity cheap in my case it can be set to take excess power from solar panels and switch of electricity from the grid (unless I need it)

A nice touch is you can set the car in the morning to be warm, windows clear and ready to go with your phone.

I3S sat on my drive looking mighty handsome. Really nice drive, very small boot, very airy. The one thing that has impressed me the most is the acceleration from low speed, very very different and smile raising!

Brydo
                                      Participant

Its been a while since I looked at this in any depth, and I am just heading out the door, when I last looked a smart meter was required when installing an EV charger. It is likely that this would be used to identify that you are charging an EV.

Leave this with me and I will look into it more when I get back tonight, things are changing on a regular basis so want to make sure my info is current.

Brydo
                                        Participant

As I said before someone will have the answer on this forum, good info ian.

Brydo
                                          Participant

This deal is via a smart meter.

Drive electric for a tenth the cost of a petrol car, says ScottishPower
                                            By Jonathan Musk / 4 months ago / New Cars, UK News / No Comments
                                            ScottishPower has launched a new tariff for EV owners that it says will cost drivers a tenth of the cost per mile of a standard petrol car.

ScottishPower’s new tariff claims the cost to EV drivers is a tenth of the cost per mile of a standard petrol car
                                            The SmartPower Green EV January 2021 tariff allows users to access discounted charging during off peak hours (between the hours of midnight and 5am), which consequently takes advantage of cheaper electricity rates via a smart meter – which the company claims is a first on the market.

The company’s smart EV charger also allows scheduled charging that can be set by a smartphone app.

ScottishPower also recently announced it would become the first integrated energy company in the UK to produce 100% green electricity and is already supporting the UK’s switch to cleaner transport by unveiling a unique link-up with the major car retailer Arnold Clark allowing buyers to purchase or lease an EV of their choice, book a home charging point installation and sign up to the exclusive ScottishPower tariff all at the same time.

Keith Anderson, ScottishPower CEO, said: “ScottishPower wants to help customers benefit from electric vehicles as quickly as possible as that will help improve air quality and cut carbon quicker. Helping cutting the cost of motoring will help people switch to electric vehicles faster.”

Brydo
                                            Participant

Stick in the BMW i3 and your electricity supplier costs per kwh, to see how much it will cost you to run.

Home Charging Calculator

Ian

I spoke our BMW i3 expert today when borrowing it for the day he said it will cost about £1 per 100 miles normal car between £10 and £15…..

Proper report tomorrow but really pleased with i3 only issue is boot…..that said huge smile when you put foot down. You are 100 ft down the road before opposition realises it’s green for go I have never experienced anything like it and I have a 1000cc motorbike

Brydo
                                                Participant

Ian what cost per kwh was that based on as it seems a bit cheap, 5p per kwh would probably give you about this cost return.

Trev
                                                  Participant

According to that calculator you posted Brydo and my 12.91p/kwh rate, it would cost £2.80 per 100 mile – still really, really good.

Brydo
                                                    Participant

Yes indeed Trev no matter how much you pay just now for your electricity, i think 18p per kwh is about the highest, it makes financial sense to go electric. I just want to draw it to everyones attention that there are huge differences in the cost of electricity, from 5p per kwh up and we should be moving supplier to get the best deal.

Trev
                                                      Participant

Brydo, which supplier gives 5p/kwh or is that solar cost?

I read average cost in the uk is 14.37p/kwh, the previous figure i quoted is the new deal i’ll be on with bulb which is the cheapest in my area – switch will be completed in 9 days.. yay!

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 108 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.