BMW I-3 ON SCHEME NOW

• Creator
    Topic
    jamesg

BMW   I-3   on scheme   now  one for Brydo  and Ian ?  whats happening  and  Shawn

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 108 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Trev
      Participant

Awesome news James, well spotted.

When’s the i8 coming on? lol

DBtruth

I’ve always been a little unsure on the styling but I saw one recently in a navy blue with black roof combo and i really liked it.

Range is under 200 miles which would be ok for me but might not be suitable for others. I’d easily get a weeks worth (mon-fri) of driving out of a charge.

ive also just watched a video of an i3 vs polo gti drag race and the polo won by a tenth of a second or something so these are i3’s are fast!

Anonymous

Extended test drive booked! with an overnight stay in MY garage on charge so I can measure the cost?

I won’t sleep this week now!??????

Cheers James!

BigDave
            Participant

Not badly priced either, with AP’s in the £897 to £2397 range.

It certainly stands out against the AP’s on the Renault Zoe!

Might be my next car when I am due to change again, providing it stays on the scheme of course.

jamesg

Has the  s  got more range   lets hope  others follow  suit

Anonymous

Not badly priced either, with AP’s in the £897 to £2397 range. It certainly stands out against the AP’s on the Renault Zoe! Might be my next car when I am due to change again, providing it stays on the scheme of course.

Where did you get those APs from the minimum is £1999 that I can see?

Mike

I think Dave is another War Pensioner, the AP’s are the WPMS ones.

Mike

Anonymous

Ahhhh I see! Thought it may have been a dealership giving a further discount. Would have been worth travelling for over a grand. I did notice that the dealer I phoned said ask about cash discounts whilst I was on hold.

mitch
                      Participant

yay lol another happy war pensioner lol.

i think ive just solved my problems.  off to bmw to have another look.

Brydo
                        Participant

FANTASTIC NEWS WELL DONE MOTABILITY.

We will now get a load of personal reviews and I can’t wait.

Shawn hope it suits you.

DB it is a bit quirky but lovely in the colour you mentioned.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                          Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

jamesg

Hi  Brydo  yes   well done  Motability   and   BMW   just  built the   I-3 s trim   £ 38 ,  300  hope  other   manufactures    will run with  it   i think  a lot  of the credit   must go  to yourself   for  the  perseverance   of  your  crusade  to get electric   cars  on scheme   and   educating   us about   them  thanks

ian

sooooooo excited! Christmas is here early……. XC60 to I3 is going to be quite a change methinks

Brydo
                              Participant

James your more than welcome and let’s hope its the first of many.

We all appreciate what you do, was delighted when I saw your post this morning.

Its been a while since I had a close look at the i3 and I think its too small for us but I will have a good look over the next couple of days.

Anonymous

Whats the difference between them all? I can see the “S” is different but the rest all look the same?

No mention of REX?

wmcforum
                                  Which Mobility Car

They no longer offer the range extender.

The only option is the 120, standard or s (which gives a bit more power and a little less range)

Still trying to work out the difference in models/prices, there should only be two options in reality, the prices may relate to extra bits – we will get to the bottom of it.

@brydo
                                    , that was the shortest campaign in history, we should feel very proud. ha ha.

Brydo
                                    Participant

WMC haha ? I really can’t wait to get personal feedback and as I said I will go have a look ? soon.

mitch
                                      Participant

just back from bmw chesterfield and they dont know either what the differences are. they didnt know it was on the scheme or that the x1 was off.lol. they are going to find out and let me know.

it is an odd fish but it does everything i want so i am happy theres an option to go to.

mitch
                                        Participant

playing with the configorator etc i am guessing the differences are the interiours loft,lodge,suite. but the i3s has an extra option so that may throw that idea.

my guess is

bmw i3 e120ah ap £897 =loft.   = bmw i3s e120ah ap £1647.00

bmw i3 e120ah ap £1147 =lodge. = bmw i3s e120ah ap £1897.00.

bmw i3 e120ah ap £1397 = suite. = bmw i3s e120ah ap £2147.00.

bmwi3s e120ah ap £2397.00  no idea,????

wmcforum
                                          Which Mobility Car
                                            wmcforum
                                            Which Mobility Car

I’ve just watched a video of an i3 vs polo gti drag race and the polo won by a tenth of a second or something so these are i3’s are fast!

The I3 used in that test was the 125kw version the ‘s’ is 135 kw and would win that drag race. The 0-62 time reduces from 7.3 to 6.9 seconds.

This is an exciting addition to the scheme. It will be good to get actual user reviews in the near future as those of you that are due for a new lease vehicle, and are brave enough to take the plunge (lol) feed info back to us.

Anonymous

Just had a brief look at the PDF and the picture with the child trying to get in makes it look really high up. Looks like I may have to Fosbury Flop into it.?

On the plus side however it looks like I might be able to shuffle from the drivers side to the passenger side to get out on the path instead of trying to get in a wheelchair on the road. No centre tunnel.?

mitch
                                                  Participant

theres a huge expanse of nothing accross the width of the car in front of the seats it is odd,you could almost get a chest of drawers from ikea under the dash. also on top the dash extends for a long way. its a bit like that odd fiat where you could sit 3 accross the front. the drive selector is like a 3rd indicator stalk on the steering column but stunted,and its an electronic hand brake so again very little between the seats. yes i reckon you could easily switch seats.

Ian

XC60 to i3 that’s going to be quite a change brilliant news!

Philjb

A long time coming for a reasonable AP.

Unfortunately the range or size wouldn’t suit my needs.

But I’m sure it will help lots of others.

hopefully wait times won’t be too long either.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 108 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.