Bmw delivery date extended again.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127285 Reply
    Richard hewett

I drove to marshalls in kent to order my bmw x1 this was in June the last day of period 2 i did not order any out of the ordinary extras i was told car will be ready end of september. I then received a phone call stating the vehicle will be ready around a week before Christmas i then received another call yesterday to tell me the car will be defiantly ready  at the end of February and i may get a 2021 model ( yeh Right).

I was not expecting  to wait this long but i understand there are issues with covid 19 and  Brexit just thought that i would give any one that has ordered a bmw a heads up on waiting times.

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #147456 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I’m sure that it will be worth the wait Iain. The GC is certainly a looker. Enjoy it! Thanks for the tip re the webcam. I will try to find it.

#147477 Reply
    Shellie

Yeah same here fir webcams that’s only downside with bmw you do t really have a tracker with the Volvo we saw it every step of the way

#147482 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Yeah same here fir webcams that’s only downside with bmw you do t really have a tracker with the Volvo we saw it every step of the way

VW have a tracker as well but they can be just as frustrating, as the dates still chop and change, with build dates moving backwards and forwards and, at times, completely inaccurate information! I think that I listed all the BMW order progress codes a while back, so when asking a dealer about the order it’s always worth asking which specific order code status is showing. If they know that you have knowledge of them they are far less likely to give a vague, or even BS, answer!

If it hadn’t been for lockdown, we would have done what we did last time. Our order slot opened in March 2018 (3 months before lease expiry in June) but as we had decided on the Tiguan and we knew that they were taking around 5 months, we got the dealer to agree to order in January. When our order slot with Motability opened in March, the order was then placed on the Motability system, but we were already 2 months into the build queue with the ‘proper’ order. We ended up getting the car in June which, although was the predicted 5 months, was the lease expiry date of our previous car, so it all worked perfectly.

We knew that we wanted a change this time but had a number of cars on our shortlist and weren’t prepared to order until we could do test drives, so we ended up not ordering until 3 months before lease end (the standard timescale) which means that we will now have to extend our current lease by a few months. As our children would say ‘First World problems’, but I’m really looking forward to breaking from the Tiguan and going back to a BMW, which I know is far better suited to my preferences. The things that have irritated me about the Tiguan are now really in focus every time that I drive it, now that I know that something better is on the (distant) horizon!

#147489 Reply
    Shellie

Yeah when we could order back in 2019 there was nothing I really liked so we decided to extend lease they did say any time during the extension we could change but Volvo only were doing the xc40 and I’m not sure if I liked it where the x1 we liked a long time ago then it was took off list so got the xc60 I must say this has been  a weird thing ordering without going to dealership and delays with delays and all the cockups at dealer not been a good experience except did get good deal on AP

#147490 Reply
    Iain

Link to one of the webcams I used.

https://www.blg-logistics.com/en/contact/webcams

#147526 Reply
    Darren

Hi Iain, what’s the link please, and how can we check the build with BMW etc.

#147536 Reply
    Iain

Hello Darren,

Link above, you can ring bmw customer service or email,if you email it will be next day before they respond.

I quoted my order number and chassis number when I got it, but you must ask for status code to get correct information otherwise they will just give general info. Check back for Glos guys code list for full explanation.

I will try to post email address if I can copy it.

Iain👍

#147537 Reply
    Iain
    #163453 Reply
    Anne hayek

I ordered motability x1 from berry Thames Dutton in June and was given delivery date for September. Later they said delay to October.  They phoned me yesterday and said delivery delayed till January or possibly after due to problems in boot electricity problems. Any advice please?

#163465 Reply
    Lord Muc

Yup, that’s true, due to the chip shortage. BMW are removing the electric tail gate option on some models. Berry are very good, so you could ask them, or do it yourself, to find a similar car that is in stock, (from them or other dealers) problem is unless you find a car you want in stock, bmw or another brand, the wait is long, 6 months to a year, so it may not benefit you by cancelling. I would be looking at stock cars, and doing the leg work myself, and telling the salesman to grab it, if I needed a car now. Unfortunately, this chip shortage, and demand for new cars, the build up of savings due to lockdowns, have caused these delays.

#163467 Reply
    Lord Muc

Anne, just to add, now more than ever, it’s important to develop a good dialogue with the dealer and sales person, so you don’t drop off the radar and they focus on private buyers.

#163468 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I ordered motability x1 from berry Thames Dutton in June and was given delivery date for September. Later they said delay to October. They phoned me yesterday and said delivery delayed till January or possibly after due to problems in boot electricity problems. Any advice please?

Hi Anne – that’s frustrating. The electric tailgate is standard on all BMW X1’s (not an optional extra) so it’s odd if it’s being deleted. We ordered our X1 right at the end of March and took delivery in the 3rd week of July, so just under 4 months, although our dealer managed to nab a cancelled order from another dealership which helped. The other dealership wasn’t even in their group.  Our dealership also contacted BMW Production Control when our build date got pushed back and managed to get them to re-instate our original build date, so a helpful dealer can move mountains if they have the will. The only issue that the chip issue caused with our order was that we couldn’t have the Harman/kardon option, but the standard system is actually very good so we saved a few quid there! I would be very surprised if you find an in stock model as BMW only build to order, not speculatively, but a cancelled order is probably your best bet – although that won’t resolve the tailgate issue (if, indeed, that is what the issue is). Good luck.

#163486 Reply
    Lord Muc

For clarity, I did read somewhere, that the “kick to open”, the tailgate, is being deleted, is that an option in comfort mode, depends what extras have been added,

#163498 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

For clarity, I did read somewhere, that the “kick to open”, the tailgate, is being deleted, is that an option in comfort mode, depends what extras have been added,

That feature is part of the £1,000 Comfort Pack 2. The normal electric tailgate (which is standard on all X1’s) can be both opened and closed in 3 other ways – tailgate buttons, a button in the cabin and using the remote key. The maximum opening angle can also be configured via iDrive.

#164183 Reply
    Shellie

@glos guy roughly how much does it take to fill x1 to full with petrol we currently have a diesel this x1 will be our first petrol I may need a sticker to remind myself if that haha

#164184 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@glos guy roughly how much does it take to fill x1 to full with petrol we currently have a diesel this x1 will be our first petrol I may need a sticker to remind myself if that haha

Hi Shellie – The 20i X1 has a larger fuel tank, which is great as a range of 500-600 miles is easily achievable. The last time I filled up it took £80 of unleaded, which was just over 60 litres. I still had a range of round 50 miles left. I’ve done well over 1,000 miles now and only filled up twice. I don’t chose cars based on running costs, but it’s surprisingly economical. I’m averaging 43 mpg whereas the diesel Tiguan we had was averaging 38mpg (both high powered 2.0 litres with 4WD). The refinement is another level as well, so you won’t regret your choice. The engine is whisper quiet – in fact the air con fan drowns it out, even on the lowest setting! I don’t think you could put diesel in by mistake as almost all new cars now have mis-fuelling inlets that won’t let you put the wrong nozzle in. I thought you had your car by now? Any news on delivery date?

#164186 Reply
    Shellie

No it got put back to end October it’s gone back to 1200 as genius said dealer is hoping it moves forward this week it’s showing build of week 4th October got everything crossed there was a huge load put further back dealer said last week but ours stayed as it was I hardly dare ask now incase it changes there’s one thing I will get fill gcb as my lease on Volvo runs out end of this month i got an entendres policy for insurance on Volvo until November hope that’s the last 🤞

#164187 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

@glos-guy

By chance, do you have a picture of your ambient lighting?

#164188 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

@glos-guy By chance, do you have a picture of your ambient lighting?

Hi Rene. Here you go. I prefer the blue but you can also have white, orange, green, purple and one or two others I can’t recall. You can also set the brightness of it.

#164210 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Cheers bud. I’m trying to talk myself into a car that i just don’t like the interior of, gotta pick my battles i suppose. The 2 series interior is nicer (i just don’t like analogue dials anymore), but 136hp for rural driving (lots of overtaking/accelerating for farming equipment) does not really inspire me.

How do you listen to music? I know you’ve got Apple devices – but if you don’t have one (we have two ipad pros, but i don’t intend to lug those around just to listen to music)? Maybe integrated spotify, or hell, even another music streaming service?

#164211 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Cheers bud. I’m trying to talk myself into a car that i just don’t like the interior of, gotta pick my battles i suppose. The 2 series interior is nicer (i just don’t like analogue dials anymore), but 136hp for rural driving (lots of overtaking/accelerating for farming equipment) does not really inspire me. How do you listen to music? I know you’ve got Apple devices – but if you don’t have one (we have two ipad pros, but i don’t intend to lug those around just to listen to music)? Maybe integrated spotify, or hell, even another music streaming service?

Call me old fashioned, but the more modern interiors in some cars do nothing for me. We’ve had touch screen systems and I find them ruddy dangerous and nigh on impossible to use accurately when driving. The X1 is fully touch screen (if you want it) but I do everything through the iDrive controller, which is far safer and more accurate. I do use voice control as well as it’s accurate, unlike the cr@p system in the VW that we had before. I also prefer buttons and knobs (pure Neanderthal I know but, again, easier). The only bit of interior that I don’t like is the instrument cluster, not because it isn’t digital (again, had one of those, thought it was overrated) but because it’s too small. I got around that by opting for head-up display which renders it redundant – and it’s brilliant!

As for music, (Neanderthal alert once more) I mostly use the radio! However, I do have Amazon Music and that works well with iDrive. It’s poor through Apple CarPlay for some reason.

Is it worth you waiting for the all new model? It’s sure to have a digital dash and will also have iDrive 7 which works with Android. Could be well into 2022 before it is available to order on Motability though and, as we have discussed, choice might be restricted.

#164213 Reply
    JohnE

We’re on our second tank of petrol and definately not getting 43mpg. Would have to look on the board computer but think its 34mpg.

We did around 43mpg in our previous X1 diesel though 😉

#164214 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Why not music on a thumb drive? We ripped our very large combined CD collections into FLAC format and plug it in the USB port. Better quality than any streaming service.

#164215 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Why not music on a thumb drive? We ripped our very large combined CD collections into FLAC format and plug it in the USB port. Better quality than any streaming service.

Never mind Neanderthal, I must be prehistoric. The only two things I understood in that lot are CD and USB 😂

#164216 Reply
    Shellie

@glos guy that blue looks lovely it’s something I’m looking forward to messing about with I like to go through everything haha I get wrong tho as I should leave it alone husband says but best bit of a new car is playing with it I must however remember to set Volvo sat nav back to factory as I don’t like my home address been in for anyone to find but got plenty time to do that

Viewing 25 replies - 126 through 150 (of 160 total)
Reply To: Bmw delivery date extended again.
Your information: