Bmw delivery date extended again.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127285 Reply
    Richard hewett

I drove to marshalls in kent to order my bmw x1 this was in June the last day of period 2 i did not order any out of the ordinary extras i was told car will be ready end of september. I then received a phone call stating the vehicle will be ready around a week before Christmas i then received another call yesterday to tell me the car will be defiantly ready  at the end of February and i may get a 2021 model ( yeh Right).

I was not expecting  to wait this long but i understand there are issues with covid 19 and  Brexit just thought that i would give any one that has ordered a bmw a heads up on waiting times.

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #145733 Reply
    Shellie

I thought it will be delayed but the date wasn’t from dealer I spoke to someone on bmw Facebook page it was them that gave me that date but we will see hopefully it is a bit closer to October lol then I will get more bonus back lol 😀

#145734 Reply
    Iain

Had GREAT new,I spoke to bmw UK and my 2 series gran coupe is in production and I have a chassis number,they say 4 days to complete but wouldn’t commit to a delivery date,so hopefully beginning of may is looking good.

#145735 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I thought it will be delayed but the date wasn’t from dealer I spoke to someone on bmw Facebook page it was them that gave me that date but we will see hopefully it is a bit closer to October lol then I will get more bonus back lol 😀

If you have been given that information by BMW UK then it should be accurate. Dealers are notorious at telling porkies because they want the orders even when they don’t have build allocations, but the info from head offices is usually reliable. Sounds very much as though you struck gold and your dealer had a cancelled order that they could divert to you. Unfortunately, you don’t get any more good condition bonus if your new car is delayed. It’s £600 after 3 years and £900 after 5 years but nothing more than £600 between those two dates!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Glos Guy.
    #145741 Reply
    Shellie

Motorbility told me if I get new one before October it will be £700 had mine 4 year 6 months at min

#145742 Reply
    Shellie

I extended contract on Volvo to 5 year but can order anytime in the extra 2 years been a customer for 15 year and it’s first one we extended with lockdown it’s got hardly any miles on it someone is going to get a good car

#145756 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Motorbility told me if I get new one before October it will be £700 had mine 4 year 6 months at min

I thought that you had to go the full 5 years to get more than £600, but it only seems fair that they offer more if you are that close. However, if you’ve had it 4 years and 6 months it would jump to £900 in October, so you won’t want to take delivery in September! We’ve never voluntarily extended, but looks like we will have no choice this time as our lease expires in June and there’s no way we will have our X1 by then!

#145763 Reply
    Shellie
    Participant

I didn’t want to loose the offer we had way we looked at it was last time we changed it was before the gcb went up there was nothing else on list that we wanted so we just went for it I’ve been looking since we extended lease as I now really need an automatic so I spoke to motorbility they said I could change whenever and they told me the gcb that I got as it stands

#145921 Reply
    Shellie

Well I got email from bmw my status is currently scheduled for production so fingers crossed it’s soon

#145928 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Well I got email from bmw my status is currently scheduled for production so fingers crossed it’s soon

I’m very envious Shellie. I am stuck at the ‘No Quota Available’ stage. The dealer knows that I am unhappy but they are saying that this is the same for all customers at all dealerships (they showed me the bulletin from BMW). I mentioned your order (obviously not knowing your name or which dealer you ordered from) and they said that your dealer must have had a cancelled order that they could slot you into, which is what I thought. I wish that I had your luck! I’m going to give it until May and then of things haven’t progressed I might have to reconsider the order.

#145932 Reply
    Iain

Hi All,

I just spoke to bmw UK and they say my car is scheduled for body shop,so it is mov6 through production, however she did say that as of Friday gone the production line has greatly reduced due to covid and as of today the car may be stuck on line for a day or two,I did ask if they had a new delivery date but she said no.

A date will not now be given untill the car leaves the line and is received into the compound.so I will have to wait a bit longer I guess.

I will ring them again next week for an update.

Iain.🤔

#145940 Reply
    Shellie

I will keep you all updated I’m not holding my breath but can only go with what bmw U.K. have said so fingers crossed obviously for security I won’t say exactly where I live but it’s in northeast somewhere lol 😆 I am excited about getting car but I love car I have now so a delay is expected but it’s not as if I don’t have a car if you know what I mean I will say I’ve found bmw nice so far they emailed me back and I’ve spoke to someone on their Facebook page also

#146642 Reply
    Iain

Just a quick update.

I spoke to bmw UK this morning and they insist my car is complete and at port awaiting shipment to (wait for it) Germany from the USA.i asked to verify all the details which he reaffirmed his statement.So I rang my dealer because the 2 series GC is not made in USA,he checked into it and can’t understand why they said that,it is at Bremerhaven port waiting shipment.

So won’t be long now lol😁

#146803 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Our local BMW dealer has managed to nab a cancelled X1 order from another dealer and has assigned it to me. This means that the likely September delivery that I was quoted has suddenly become the end of June. Obviously all subject to change, so I’m not counting on it, but it’s at the ‘1200 – Scheduled for Production’ stage of the BMW order process and the next step locks down the specification. After much consideration and two test drives totalling 6 hours over the past week, I have added quite a few options to get it ‘right for me’. Sadly, I can’t add anything to get rid of the excessive road noise on concrete surfaces and the lack of auto-hold (which is a right pain) but, hey-ho.

#146872 Reply
    Shellie

I would double check with bmw I’ve had mine cancelled as dealer put s drive on order not x drive I’m furious now I lost that slot and god knows when I will get mine and top it off dealer has given me wrong order number last night and I’m not getting response on email any other way of getting it? It’s first ever bmw they not making good impression I am seriously well you know what

#146883 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I would double check with bmw I’ve had mine cancelled as dealer put s drive on order not x drive I’m furious now I lost that slot and god knows when I will get mine and top it off dealer has given me wrong order number last night and I’m not getting response on email any other way of getting it? It’s first ever bmw they not making good impression I am seriously well you know what

So sorry to hear that Shellie. I have been emailed screen shots of my order and have checked every aspect of the spec, including all the optional extras I have added, so I am satisfied that it’s 100% accurate. Delivery dates are always subject to change though. Your dealer should have been able to amend the order, rather than cancel it. I have amended mine this week to add another option. Makes you wonder if they were blagging all along. I know how you feel. I have had very bad service from a Volvo dealer this week and it leaves a bad taste and puts you off the brand.

#146888 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

So sorry to hear that Shellie. I have been emailed screen shots of my order and have checked every aspect of the spec, including all the optional extras I have added, so I am satisfied that it’s 100% accurate. Delivery dates are always subject to change though. Your dealer should have been able to amend the order, rather than cancel it. I have amended mine this week to add another option. Makes you wonder if they were blagging all along. I know how you feel. I have had very bad service from a Volvo dealer this week and it leaves a bad taste and puts you off the brand.

Might not have been able to modify the order, as it was meant to be the X drive and they ordered the S Drive, I think they’d be on different production lines, so they might have had a slot for one line but not the other.  Frustrating times!  Who’s worse to deal with, Car salespeople or Estate Agents…

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#146889 Reply
    Kev

Ring the dealer again,email is a total waste of time to these dealers,ask for the order number and the motability reference number to make sure it is the correct car,on motability go to the car you want,in the specs the motability reference number will be at the bottom at right hand side,sorry you are starting again from scratch i would go to another dealer as you are not losing any time now

#146961 Reply
    Shellie

I spoke to bmw this morning got a lovely lad after I rang dealership salesperson was busy didn’t ring back so I told this to bmw they actually rang dealership for me got my order was very apologetic on their behalf has said that it’s expected to move up to next stage in next few days I just felt that even tho the dealership get paid for the car I felt if I was buying top of range x6 for example that it would have been done right in first place I still don’t know how they can order wrong model when all of my paperwork and motorbility paperwork says right model can only happen to me lol I’m starting to not be as angry will feel better when it goes to scheduled for production I kind of want to keep checking but don’t want the disappointment haha thanks for all your help and letting me rant haha

#146962 Reply
    Shellie

I was told they had to change order not modify it as it’s a different production line for the xdrive to sdrive was offered to change my order to the sdrive but why would I want to when I ordered the x drive in first place

#147184 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Update on our X1 order. Having managed to nab a cancelled X1 order from another dealership, which shortened our predicted 5-6 months wait time to just 3 months, our supplying dealer has reported that our delivery date estimate of 23rd June has suddenly slipped to 30th July. They think that it is due to a component shortage (not sure if it’s the worldwide semiconductor issue which seems to be affecting more and more manufacturers, or something else altogether) but they hope to have more info next week. They think that this is not unique to our car and may affect all X1 orders, so others awaiting X1’s might be wise to check with their dealers after the Bank Holiday. They say that they have another customer who ordered an X1 in December, it was due this week and has also slipped to end of July, which will be 7 months (assuming that it comes then)!

#147214 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Update on our X1 order. Having managed to nab a cancelled X1 order from another dealership, which shortened our predicted 5-6 months wait time to just 3 months, our supplying dealer has reported that our delivery date estimate of 23rd June has suddenly slipped to 30th July. They think that it is due to a component shortage (not sure if it’s the worldwide semiconductor issue which seems to be affecting more and more manufacturers, or something else altogether) but they hope to have more info next week. They think that this is not unique to our car and may affect all X1 orders, so others awaiting X1’s might be wise to check with their dealers after the Bank Holiday. They say that they have another customer who ordered an X1 in December, it was due this week and has also slipped to end of July, which will be 7 months (assuming that it comes then)!

So, in effect then, it turns out that BMW dealers are no different from any other dealer then – full of BS?

#147215 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

So, in effect then, it turns out that BMW dealers are no different from any other dealer then – full of BS?

. Totally agree

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#147218 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I think that dealer BS is a disease that affects all brands Solent60 but, in this case, this particular dealer has been straight from the start and continues to be so. They admitted that they didn’t have an available order slot originally (most don’t even mention this), managed to nab an order slot from another BMW dealership not even in their group (never known that before), have provided me with screenshots of our order on the actual BMW order system (showing the anticipated delivery date of 23rd June), shown me bulletins from BMW about delays and sent me a further screenshot of the BMW order system showing our order with the revised anticipated date of end July. These dates are always estimates and often change, but most dealers don’t bother to tell you. The person I am dealing with checks all their orders every few days, so spots the changes and communicates them. They have also been honest and said that they don’t know what has caused the latest delay or how widespread it is, but are going to try to find out. I don’t think that they could do much more in this case. So, yes, dealer BS is alive and well and no doubt amongst many BMW dealers as well but, to be fair to the dealership we are using, I think they are being straight with me. I expect the anticipated delivery date to change several times before we get the car and when we ordered the dealership said that we could be waiting until September, so end of July still remains an improvement! As to when we will actually get it it’s anybodies guess!

#147219 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Glos Guy, our lease is up 31st July but would be quite happy not to get our new car until the 71 reg in September.  Volvo dealers , so far, are saying 10 to 12 weeks.  Another reason for us to go BMW?

#147222 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Glos Guy, our lease is up 31st July but would be quite happy not to get our new car until the 71 reg in September. Volvo dealers , so far, are saying 10 to 12 weeks. Another reason for us to go BMW?

I don’t think you’d get an X1 any sooner Wigwam. May even be longer than the Volvo. Ours is currently predicted at around 18 weeks from order and I’m not confident that we will get it then!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Glos Guy.
Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 133 total)
Reply To: Bmw delivery date extended again.
Your information: