BMW build and delivery times

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Angellica 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #98705 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

Hi all.

I ordered a BMW X1 back in October and was told it was due for delivery at week 52.

So far all seems well. The dealer is away for 2 weeks and before he left he told me the car should be built this week. However I have no way of knowing until he gets back whether it IS actually being built.

I just wanted to know how realistic that date is as this is our first mobility car, I don’t know anything tbh.

I haven’t received anything in any of being able to track the car, I’ve just had to wait on him calling me.

I’m not sure if Christmas and New Years would delay it in any way?

I have absolutely no idea of timelines or how things go and I’m just wondering how it’s gone for others really.

thanks 😊

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #98708 Reply

Steve Benson

Evening Angellica

If you email BMW at         customer.service@bmw.co.uk      with your order number they will give you an update on your order.

My Old car was due to be replaced in June 19 and  i was supposed to order in March 19 but the dealer ordered in Jan 19 to enable me to get it on time. So a 6 month order to collect time.

#98710 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

Evening Angellica If you email BMW at customer.service@bmw.co.uk with your order number they will give you an update on your order. My Old car was due to be replaced in June 19 and i was supposed to order in March 19 but the dealer ordered in Jan 19 to enable me to get it on time. So a 6 month order to collect time.

Evening Steve 😊

I don’t even know what my order number is lol. I may call up BMW tomorrow and see if someone else can give it to me while my dealer is away.

I’m glad you got your car just in the nick of time. I suppose if mine does come as estimated, the wait won’t have been too long really. How have you found your car?

#98753 Reply

joss
    Participant

Hello Angelica

If you have not been given an order number it’s going to be difficult to trace. However. If you call Mobility customer service and let them know, they will be able to confirm if the order has been placed. If it has then they should have the order number.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#98756 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

Hi @joss

the order has definitely been placed as I have received my PIN and all the paperwork.

I will call mobility today for my order number, thank you for that 😊

#98758 Reply

joss
    Participant

Great to hear, Surly someone at the dealership can access your order and thus the order number I would have thought

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#98759 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

I do hope so. I’m going to call mobility and BMW first thing this morning. I’d just like to know what’s happening now that that the estimated date is approaching.

I don’t mind if it’s late by a week or two, as long as I’m made aware of it.

#98760 Reply

joss
    Participant

When I placed my order for my X2 earlier this year. I got copies of the order and also the build Number. Once the car goes into build it is really quick. I had a 2 week delay because BMW where struggling with engine demand at that time.

One thing you can do, if you get the build number is use the the on line BMW genius chat. Give them the order number and they will tell you how it is progressing.

I do hope you get the car before Christmas Angelica

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#98761 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

I’ve just called up BMW. The receptionist is going to get the manager to call me back with the details I need.

It would be amazing to get the car before Christmas. We’d probably eat our Christmas turkey in it, we’d be that excited lol

#98768 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Hope you get it young Angelica

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#98948 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

Thanks Mike

It appears I may get my wish. Spoke to the sales manager and I now have my order number.

Our X1 has been built and has left the factory. He said it should take 10-14 days to get to the dealership, but he’s confident I should be able to pick it up before Christmas Day.

I’m so pleased

#98950 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Fantastic news merry Christmas

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#98952 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

Thanks Mike 😊 it’s going to be a life saver for us (and a money saver – the amount we have spent over the last couple years on taxis is ridiculous)

#98973 Reply

Steve Benson

In answer to your question Angellica. We ordered the Gran Tourer 218i Luxury auto and it is our 4th Motability car. It is by far the best so far, previous cars were Nissan Note, Peugeot 3008 and Peugeot 5008. The car is outstanding in all departments, we have not been disappointed and I do not think you will be either. I am glad you have the info you wanted and your Xmas present is going to be a good one.

#98977 Reply

Angellica
    Participant

That’s great to hear Steve! And thank you 😊

We did consider a Peugeot 3008 and a VW Tiguan was also in the shortlist.
    The waiting times quoted for both were incredibly long so we went for the X1.

I was very impressed with it though. It’s a beautiful car.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: BMW build and delivery times

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: