BMW 320i touring. discount percentage on extras ???

• Creator
    Topic
  • #125829 Reply
    Tony Cook

Hi, looking to order a BMW 320i sport touring. Has anyone had a discount on optional extras, other than or on top of the £500 cash back offer from Marshall’s please? If so which dealer and what’s the biggest discount percentage has anyone had on optional extras please?

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #126068 Reply
    Will

Hi Dave,

I called up the salesman that processed the order and he said that they’ll probably won’t be able to match the cashback but he’ll ask his manager when he is in next week.

Is this something the manager decides or can this salesman do it but just making excuses?

Thanks

Will

#126072 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Will, the dealer is bluffing you, he’s already given you his first answer. I called mine and he said to me he will ask his manager and I was only on hold for a min or two. Processed everything over the telephone. Regardless, if mine had refused, I still would’ve headed down to Marshalls Hampshire (2 hour drive).

It’s a sales technique. If I was in your position, I would cancel and reorder but secure yourself a deal with another dealer that will honour it. Only difference of price from Q3 to Q4 is a £50 increase on the 320i.

#126078 Reply
    Lord Muc

Yup, agree with dave, if you leave it too long, the car will be locked for production, and will make it difficult for any adjustments to be made, and harder to reclaim the deposit. If he won’t budge, then just say, reluctantly, you will go elsewhere, and you expect them to refund your deposit, within 7 days, At this stage, follow up by an email, try and copy in the sales manager. Include links to marshalls offer in the email, make it easy.

#126138 Reply
    Will

Hello guys,
    Just spoke to the dealer and he said his manager can’t give the £500 off so I asked to cancel the order and to refund my £500 deposit. He then said I won’t be able to get a refund as the order has already been sent off and it’s in the terms and conditions of the contract which I signed. I told him that there should be a cancellation policy and that I would complain to my credit card company. All of a sudden he goes I can get a refund and to just email my card details to him! Are they even allowed to lie like this?? Gosh…
    Anyways it looks like I’ll have to go to my closest Marshall’s branch which is Hampshire.

Thanks for the help guys!

Also Dave, which Sytner branch did you manage to get a price match with? My local Chigwell refused to do it.

#126255 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

See Will, they always play the odd way, they never give a toss about the customers. I ordered from Sytner Coventry which is an hour and 15 min away from me compared to Hampshire which is 2 hours. So I think Hampshire will suit you best, plus they do discount on extras if you’re considering it. There are only selective dealers that match certain offers but Chigwell seem abit money orientated rather than customer satisfaction. No problem at all!

#126371 Reply
    Will

Hi Dave,

I just recieved paperwork from Motability today about the order I made and in the terms and conditions it states that there is no cooling off period for cancellations. Now I am worried that I am tied to this order. The BMW dealer said he would cancel it and issue a cheque for the deposit refund but I haven’t got any confirmation that it has been officially cancelled.

Do I speak to Motability saying that BMW have cancelled it? How would I go about this?

Thanks

Will

#126388 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

Yes Will, you need to speak to Motability customer service about this as they are the ones who are in charge. The deposit side of things are between you and your dealer.

What happens is, when you place an order the dealer makes an application to Motability Operations. They then send you a copy stating it has been accepted and  the Advance Payment etc Any problems, you go through with Motability. I have never cancelled or had any problems but you need to ring Motability to say that you’ve cancelled your order and that the dealer will issue your refund as you was not happy etc etc. You need to pester your dealer (I know he/she won’t be happy) about it in writing.

So in conclusion, chase your dealer up in writing that he will issue the refund, then straight after call Motability. End of the day, you have not entered a pin, you are within your rights to cancel.

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
Reply To: BMW 320i touring. discount percentage on extras ???
Your information: