Bmw 320 i sport ordered!

This topic contains 82 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Vlad 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #116026 Reply

Vlad

hi just to let you know that ive been able to order a car ,i get message from the dealer that motability approved application so he ordered a car and the waiting time is end of September so it will be on 70plate and plus i get harman kardon sound system for half price which is £410

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #116028 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Where did you order it from Vlad?

#116033 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I’d be interested to know that too @Vlad.

I need to see if the seats are suitable plus entry/exit. My X1 is really good for that.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#116035 Reply

joss
    Participant

The harman kardon sound system  was part of the sport package on my X2 Sport. Nice sound.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#116041 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

It does Joss. I have it in my X1.
    I’m asking more for the fact that there was a reduction offered to Vlad. With the market uncertainty at the moment and with car manufacturers having opposite opinions regarding car sales over the next few months, I’m trying to gauge what to do.

#116044 Reply

Vlad

Yes i was really surprised when i asked for discount on h&k he gone ask manager and he came to me that yes he can reduce half price so really happy .and it was northampton bmw if anyone interested contact luke deas he is the one i dealing with

#116045 Reply

file28
    Participant

nice  choice and with the hk sound too

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)

#116047 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Thank you Vlad. That’s a great deal. 👏👏

Northampton is, sadly, too far for me. ☹️

I hope the wait goes fast for you. 🤣

#116052 Reply

Vlad

Thanks guys ,ou yes i think its worth to wait that long

#116053 Reply

Jamie

With bmw they offer what ever % discount wise that was agreed on the car with motability. So say motability get 20% off the price of the car, that 20% carrys over to optional extras 🙂

#116066 Reply

Saintsman

@jamie

I got 20% off all options when I got my X1 back in 2016 and £100 off AP.

I must admit that I am seriously considering the 2.0i Touring with the premium pack so I can have the seat raised to get in, it’s £1900 extra. I’ve said before I really want a plugin but as waiting times seem long for the one I want I’d be happy with a 3 series. I need to get rid of my current PCP car asap as I don’t want to pay any more on servicing etc.

#116106 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

I got the £500 off with Marshalls and was going to order the HK sound system but I had a 3 series loan car with it in and wasn’t impressed for what it cost.

Instead I’m going to have after market speakers installed after I get it.

#116111 Reply

Jamie

@elliot id advise against aftermarket speakers on a motability car as you’d be voiding the warrentee on them parts and likely breaching something in the contract aswell as the insurance. I was planning on installing a sub box in my first motability car 8 years ago and got told it would breach the contract.

#116116 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Elliott

I am sure you are aware what to do but this is what Motability says re mods.

“You can order factory fitted options or accessories when you order your car, but you will be responsible for the additional costs. If you have any issues or require upgrades to factory fitted options or accessories, please initially contact your managing dealer to discuss this. If you wish to add accessories or make modifications to your car after you have collected it you must contact our Customer Services team for authorisation. Should such modifications be made without our authorisation you risk invalidating your insurance and you will be asked to remove them and return the car to its original specification at your cost.”

#116171 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

It’s a like for like swap and isn’t a modification that affects insurance.

Without stripping the car down you wouldn’t be able to tell.

Many people on here modify their cars slightly like tinting the back windows etc.

#116172 Reply

Saintsman

I’m no expert but don’t you need to add some sort of amp and speakers to improve the sound, not just the speakers?

Also, since Motability owns the car and you are effectively put on their insurance they might want to know of ANY alterations, it’s not like owning your own car with your own insurance. I’m sure a courtesy call to let them know your plans wouldn’t go amiss.

#116174 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Whatever the outcome, I agree with Elliot in that swapping out the speakers for better quality ones will improve the sound no end. Many and most manufacturers advertise a upmarket ‘system’ but in fact it is just the speakers that are different, although some have more than standard.  The actual head unit (old term!) is exactly the same.

#116177 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Elliot

Why are you not asking for clearance from Motability?

Motability’s deal with RSA is likely to be on the basis that any modification, however slight has been authorised.

Presumably you are ‘stripping the car down’ to fit the thing.

#116185 Reply

rox
    Participant

before you hand it back put the old speakers back in he he. plus No cutting holes in the back shelf like back in the day..

a sub woofer is different that you will need an amp for it deffo and it’s own power source.. or it will drain the channel outputs to much as will to big and powerful speakers if the actual channel output is low.. most new cars are pretty good sound output wise imo..

If you was changing the head unit that would be a different matter as most these days are fitted or part of the infotainment system and you’d have to buy a different panel to fit it..

If you damage any trim though thats down to you and maybe you’ll be liable for any issues with that if door card need removing etc..

#116188 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

“No cutting holes in the back shelf” 🤣😂

I was going to say that too Rox. Oh happy days! 😂

#116191 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

No way will I be leaving them in before I return the car.

The ones I’m looking to have fitted are a like for like replacement and therefore no modifications are required. At the end of the lease nobody will even know that they were ever there.

#116214 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

But during the lease you might be found out if something goes horribly wrong and RSA or BMW crawl over the car to investigate. A simple phone call could save that worry.

The Internet is full of advice that ANY modification should be OK’d with insurance and Motability – you really don’t want to end up with no third party insurance let alone having to fork out for the car.

#116226 Reply

joss
    Participant

But during the lease you might be found out if something goes horribly wrong and RSA or BMW crawl over the car to investigate. A simple phone call could save that worry. The Internet is full of advice that ANY modification should be OK’d with insurance and Motability – you really don’t want to end up with no third party insurance let alone having to fork out for the car.

Wise words smallcar. @elliot I think you should give the HK ago. As you said you only tired it in a loan car. It would not have been set up in the EQ ect ect. At least ask for a demo of the system in the show room.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#116254 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

@joss, the reviews of the HK system really back up my experience. It just isn’t worth the money.

My son has an Audi with a B&O sound system. It’s far superior to the HK and includes a sub-woofer.

He paid less for it than BMW are asking for the HK.

#116257 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I had an XF with a B&O system and it was the absolute best I’ve ever had the pleasure of listening to as a stock system. Nothing has ever come close.
    I had an EClass Coupe with the HK and I have the HK system in my X1 and both are ok’ish but not a patch on the B&O in the XF. Just a shame the car was SO unreliable, and I mean majority so.
    £7.5 k’s worth of ‘majorly’ before a £10k+ engine failure scrapped off a five year old, full main dealer serviced car. 🤬😡 😭

This still hurts like hell years on.

#116341 Reply

Jamie

Technically it would still void the warranty and if after you have changed the speakers you have issues your be liable for all the costs fixing the issue plus they will likely inform motability about the changes you made as it would void the warranty and also void your contract and also insurance. Is it really worth all that hassle when it is just a lease car that you essentially have nothing to worry about other than putting fuel in?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 82 total)
Reply To: Bmw 320 i sport ordered!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: