BMW 2 Gran Coupé Order

This topic contains 93 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Elliot 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #115322 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

I got my order number from Williams Bolton and managed to contact BMW online chat.
    It’s scheduled for September 14th build start… fab… but, they’ve ordered the wrong interior colour!

First world problems, but hope they will rectify this.

Grrr…. rant over.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #115326 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Jan, from speaking to a number of BMW dealers in the last few days they have all said that deliveries will probably take longer than the quoted dates as their factories are not yet up to speed.

#115327 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

Thanks Elliot, that’s all good with me.

Hopefully they’ll be able to sort the interior colour issue out before production.

#115328 Reply

Matthew

What interior colour did you go for Jan ?

#115330 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

Oyster leather, but they’ve put it through as black!

#115331 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Jan, my wife has the oyster leather in her X1 and it is so difficult to keep clean.

#115334 Reply

Matthew

I’ve got oyster leather in my X1 can’t say I’ve really had a problem keeping it clean , quick wipe occasionally and it’s fine

#115335 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Have you been to have a look at one yet Matthew?</p>

#115336 Reply

Matthew

No not as yet still got a while till it’s time to replace , but will definitely have a look nearer the time

#115337 Reply

Matthew

So did you go for any extras on yours Jan ?

#115339 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

No, the M Sport is really well specced as it is.

Not desperate for any of the other bits and bobs.

When are you due to change?

#115340 Reply

Matthew

Yeah agree does look pretty well spect up ,,, still got 18 months ,,,but I do still like looking lol

#115348 Reply

bsr

Jan, did you enquire at all about a discount on the AP? I have ordered a 1 series and before the lockdown negotiated £500 off the AP as several BMW dealers where offering £500 off all their models, I am really considering cancelling the 1 for the new 2 grand coupe but very curious if any dealer is willing to offer the reduction in AP?

#115352 Reply

Paul

Peter Vardy has a BMW franchise in Edinburgh and they are still offering £500 cachback on all Motability orders

#115357 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

@bsr I asked my dealer, but no joy.

#115371 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

However, the good news is they sorted out the interior colour issue really quickly.

#115372 Reply

Robr

Anyone know when we will be able to order in Scotland? Due to change and hoping to go for the 2 Series Gran Coupe (M Sport) in Snapper Rocks Blue.

#115378 Reply

bsr

Thanks for that, I am due to see my local sytner dealer today and testing one for a couple hours, I will ask the question and see if anything comes from it..

#115379 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

Speak to Ian at Marshalls in Grimsby.

He is a very helpful guy and I’m sure he will do you a deal.

#115381 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

Let us know how you get on @bsr

#115383 Reply

Scott

As of tomorrow Scottish government will announce next phase

#115391 Reply

bsr

So Sytner where having none of it, regarding any discount to the AP, I was told that due to the back log of cars being built and BMW factories at 70% capacity, they are expecting 16 weeks build, he stated that he had put a order through just before lockdown and that had not been accepted yet let alone a build date or stage.

I made him aware ofPeter Vardy discount still on their website and also Partridge of Hampshire, however the small print with both showing orders up and until 30th March 2020.

However I must say what a great car, personally I prefer it to the Merc CLA and the handling is way and above.

The 1.5 3 cylinder engine actually has some life in it.

we have a 1 series msport on order from Stratstone BMW whom have given us £500 off the AP however this was before the lockdown and I am hoping they will stick to their word… if not then I will cancel and order the 2grand coupe!!

#115394 Reply

Jan Atkinson-Carr

Yeah, I gave up on pushing any AP discount.

Glad you liked it though. I’m still pleased with my choice!

#115400 Reply

bsr

So real good news for anyone in the market for a BMW, thank you Elliot, Ian at Marshal Grimsby is a very nice bloke, their are no 2 series grand coupe available in the uk currently but he is hounding BMW uk tomorrow to try and locate the first one he can get his hands on, in relation to AP, he was very forthcoming and said he would discount £500 of… so for anyone who can travel to Grimsby… their is a deal to be done … hope this helps.

#115409 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

It’s a rough place I’m told

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#115415 Reply

Jamie

Chandlers of Brighton offered my dad £500 discount today if he wanted to order an x1 as he’s in the market for a new car due to a write off, but he’s decided he wants as many toys as possible for the lowest money so has decided to go for the tarraco in excellence lux, absolutely smashing car for the money.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
Reply To: BMW 2 Gran Coupé Order

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: