BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club

• This topic has 461 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Footloose.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #123762 Reply
    Jan Atkinson-Carr

I know a few of us have ordered or are looking at ordering the 2 GC.
    This thread is to monitor delivery times and specs.

Please comment if you have ordered one, with which spec and your lead times.

Viewing 11 replies - 451 through 461 (of 461 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #141731 Reply
    Jamie

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Lord muc for me its more than fact that I’m a car enthusiast so do like a bit of pep in my step, I also do about 20k miles a year lots of motorway miles and in more than one occasion that extra bit of power has helped on the motorways where I’ve had to put my foot down to get into a gap to avoid an accident that happened in front of me.and the fact that my past 3 cars have all had just shy of 200bhp I would significantly notice the lack of power. And I do tend to do lots of road trips with a fairly full car so the extra power definitely helps then 🤣</p>

#141755 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Jamie, I had a bmw msport x1 diesel with over 200bhp, living in London and the South East, with 20 mph speed limits, it was hardly used, and a bit of waste, in that car. It was useful on the long trips to Edinburgh to see my son, but the 218, puts power down differently, lots of guys on babybmw, keep theirs in sport mode. yup I would have loved a bit more pep in the engine, and the car can definitely take it, but the scheme as it is, its getting rare. If you carry a full load, i can feel the drag on take off, whereas the x1 you didn’t. Let’s hope now the 3 is gone, that they bring on the bigger engines.</p>

#141840 Reply
    Jamie

I live in the countryside in South East England so I get a lot of chances to put the power down which is lucky! I’d say about 80% of my driving is motorways and fast a roads  if it was just around town driving id be happy enough with 150bhp.

#141847 Reply
    Lord Muc

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Jamie, I think I need to move, I do get a run down to the south coast where my parents live, but the m23 is full of the new cameras, due to smart motorways. I stick the speed control on at 74 and the things still flash, not had a ticket though. A quick tip on the bmw, you slap the gear shift to the left and it puts the car into sports mode, like shot of adrenaline, for a bit of poke. I did find some nice roads around Egham, where they seemed to test mclaren’s, to have a blast. Lovely area.</p>

#141856 Reply
    John

I’ve cancelled my order because I was told the 220d was like the 1.5 and reading on here it’s not? I’m not very tech savvy when it comes to engines etc anyway BMW are now being funny with me and saying I can’t cancel because I will be charged because of the extras I ordered but how was I supposed to know they lied to me regarding the engine being much different

#141858 Reply
    matt

you dont have to pay nothing if you cancel at all

#141871 Reply
    John

Matt,

BMW are saying I have to because of the extras into the car and it’s in the contract.. though I can’t find anywhere where it says that if I’m honest

either way I’m in a right mess over it

#141875 Reply
    Jamie

Lord muc your good at 78mph on them its likely other people getting flashed not you, I’m in the horsham area in Sussex so up and down the m23 alot. in my 8 years driving 20k a year I’ve learnt how far you can push and 78mph seems to be the sweet spot, haven’t had any points and I’ve seen people going a bit faster than me and get flashed so tried and tested. Have to add its on 18″ wheels as larger wheels will likely be slightly faster. Also most cars are actually 3mph out on the speedo also tested by one of them speed reader signs, ifs always 3mph lower than what the speedo says.

#141878 Reply
    Lord Muc

Jamie, cheers, I will wind the speed control up a notch, I did read that the cameras are very accurate but its the local law that set the trigger for fines, it used to be 10% over speed limit, plus a bit, not that I am that law abiding, just to mean to pay a fine!

#141969 Reply
    Jamie

I find along as your not driving like a complete tool, and your driving speeds are appropriate for the conditions with traffic etc the police don’t even bother you, I’ve overtaken police a few times at the set cruise control of 78mph and don’t bat an eye. As long as your keeping a safe distance and not up people’s back sides and not lane hogging alot of the time they won’t have any issue with you. And from what I understand they won’t tend to do anything because all speedos are off, from what the actual speed is and they need to give some leniency because of that.

#145937 Reply
    Footloose

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi I hope you are all safe and well,</p>
    Had a few issues recently with my gran coupe in that I felt the door was open whilst driving though nothing showing on dash then when I parked I notice my drivers side window was outside the door frame and wasn’t going down slightly when door was open and I did the reset but to no avail and so I would put the window down slightly exit vehicle then press lock for a few seconds on key fob to close window and lock but it wouldn’t alarm and mirrors didn’t fold so was booked in returned but same issue happened and now booked in to have a replacement motor apparently?Has not put me off in any way though just thought I would mention it on the forum incase anybody else has the same issue 👍

Viewing 11 replies - 451 through 461 (of 461 total)
Reply To: Reply #134537 in BMW 2 Gran Coupé Club
Your information: